1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Fonti open powerwolfing? Lmao

---------- Post automerged at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Bitch, I had class and rehearsal today. Calm your tiddies.

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Ok listen like

If Atum is town here I get that he's trying to consider worlds and has a scummy read on Reg

But like

Given that Regfan is one of the only people that are 100% town to me, I'm feeling kind of biased against Atum right now. Idk. I don't want to condemn him based on conf bias if he's town here, but I also don't like the way he's going after my one clear.

---------- Post automerged at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Fable

You're my new best friend.

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Okay so I have disliked a lot of Fonti's mechanical talk but I like the latter part of this plan and here's why.

I don't think Von should pop Kalas, because it's possible fonti's willing to make it difficult for witches in order to get rid of two villagers this phase.

However, I think lynching Atum is the best +EV lynch for town regardless of his alignment. Not only does Fluff get a life, but in order for witches to kill the priest, as Fonti said they have to activate Miner, who is a mechanical town clear and would give a guaranteed KP to town which he can pop on any reasonably sure red checks. Reasonably sure being, pretty certain not a haunted townie.

Atum I want to pick your brain for a minute. Putting aside your apparent feelings for Reg and whether or not you're town here, would you be willing to bite it for the advantage to town here?

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Man watching cobalt is gonna be super amusing when he finally gets near the end.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It works (as a form of last-minute positioning) if she didn't know owner was present or expect her to respond.

Up until that moment, there were viable worlds where owner was town who just flaked.

In that hypothetical scenario I'd look at these teams.

Kaidash / Atum / Jarizok / Koalas / Owner
    Kaidash / Atum / Jarizok / Koalas / Vira
    Kaidash / Atum / Jarizok / Owner / Vira
    Kaidash / Atum / Koalas / Owner / Vira
    Kaidash / Jarizok / Koalas / Owner / Vira

We'd basically need to either assume there are 2 remaining witches among Atum/Jarizok/Vira/(Newcomb??) group of people -- deep scum in other words -- or throw out these teams and reconsider the Delphine/Cobalt slots. Some of these teams involve witch!Jarizok giving a misleading result on Owner, backing up an incorrect town assumption. That doesn't really fit the evidence we have.

Vaimes is always lock town for me. I have never read Vaimes wrong in my life. Newcomb is uh, not someone I'm likely to reconsider anytime soon (based on what I've seen of his scum play) but if everyone else turned out to be town I'd have to think about that.

There are good reasons to doubt each of these scenarios. I prefer the fontisian/Kai theory. They have both gotten caught in lies here, and it just makes the most sense for them to be witches together.

---------- Post automerged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Yeah uh, you're a little behind the times.

I assume witch-you would have checked the coven chat by now.

---------- Post automerged at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

So rule out koalas/cobalt worlds too? I think so.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon, I'm just going to stop you there for a second so you can re-do your analysis. Owner is confirmed a bit[/i] except if you think the scum team includes Cobalt/Me/Jarizok. I can't be haunted if there's no dead scum.

So how many teams you left with now?

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Rubicon, I know you don't believe what you're saying, because you've seen how I react in scumchat to teammates that drop off the face of the earth.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Confirmed a hit* and lol at the mix of bold and italics tags, woops.

7. Rubicon

Good point. That rules out one of those teams.

---------- Post automerged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Did you have a specific game in mind?

8. fontisian

Rubicon, why isn't Waco in any of those worlds?

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Wh 6, atum d1. Or the mountainous game with cobalt.

9. Rubicon

Waco counterclaimed KaiDASH. It... probably doesn't play out that way between partners.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I really like that you wrote it out this way, Vira. It put some things in perspective for me.

One thing that I've found to be extremely common among experienced scum players is that they're very very good at talking their way out of things and appearing tonally town when they need to, especially Fonti. However, what makes a scumtell in that situation is the discrepancy in logic between the same premise applied to multiple situations.

For instance, she did pull my role from me even when I was jokingly wining about it. Not only is it -EV to call me out and not let witches drink the wine, the fact that she then chided Reg for giving TMI is an example of a discrepancy in logic in her play style.

I believe town Fonti would feel the same in both situations - if she wants to be pulling roles out and getting hard info, she'll do it. If she'd rather things stay low key so that witches don't get too much info, that's what she'll push for. I think going from one to the other is actually a pretty clear indication that she has an agenda here, and speaking to me that way and then Reg a different way was done to serve her agenda in APPEARING town, when if she was actually town, I believe her mindset would be similar in both cases.

I feel pretty good about the Fonti read and I think she could very well still be w/w with Rubicon, and the fact that they turned on each other publicly is simply distancing.

Given that it's likely the ENTIRE witch team was voting for Kalas, his cooperation in the face of near demise and his rather genuine frustration, I think we can leave him alone now and move on to a better target, one that's displayed a cognitive dissonance that is uncharacteristic of town and someone who is capable of playing long gambits to keep her team under the radar.

Unvote
    Lynch: Fontisian

11. Rubicon

You're going to need to be more specific about what you did in those games that you think I should be clearing you for.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Witch hunt makes my head hurt, please kill me before F5 witches? Thanks

---------- Post automerged at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Oh wait were you talking about the end of my catch up

Cuz I'm still not there yet I had to write a Font wall.

13. Rubicon

Koalas died!

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I'm talking about you getting caught up.

Spoiler, you're more than likely not gonna be happy with some things.

---------- Post automerged at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

FUCKING SPOILERS!

15. fontisian

Reg, I think Rubicon is a witch here. I don't think he believes what he's saying about me and kai being caught in lies. I don't know if that makes kai town, but I think it's important for Jarizok's alignment. Spiritualist is more likely to be town away by the witches than judge, which makes it likely Jan was the judge. If he was shot intentionally, it's because Rubicon is the judge apprentuce, and the only way he chooses judge over gravedigger is if the team already has the gravedigger.

---------- Post automerged at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Ok, good point.

There's a possibility of Waco being scum and kai town, though, yeah?

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah, no, I don't really buy this.

I had literally no idea about any softed red checks on Reg. All I saw was votes piling up and my townread was hard confirmed so I decided not to beat around the bush and outed it.

And if anything, it's better Reg outed his night choice - because angels know when he's a possible target as well.

You're failing to consider possible benefits to town, which I think is a result of... not being town.

---------- Post automerged at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Wait what LMAO

17. fontisian

Von killed Dumbledore Cobalt.

18. Rubicon

You were both caught in lies. Some people think they were acceptable but I don't think there's any controversy about what happened.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon - Notice how Atum is actually in a surprisingly large amount of your worlds here? That's what I was trying to refer to with "Reasonable chance he's mafia", like a lot of things just fit a lot more with him as scum with how I'm analysing the game. Like I just think you're very wrong on Fontisian here and I think you reasessing on that read has you a lot closer to where my head is at, like I think Kai isn't implausible to be scum here, I think Kai/Waco aren't a team for the same reason you do. I keep ending up with just 1 scum being inside You/Waco/Rubicon if Koalas was a hit which I think he was and 2 being outside that pool.

My memory of Owner is to be a spammer in QT's, I imagine she was still very active in the QT while she was lurking inside the thread. I also know Fontisian to be relatively active in scum QT's (Remember her and Jan as partners in one having a lot of posts) so I just don't agree with your analysis here.

20. Rubicon

Regfan asked me to consider specific world's where you were town and Kai a witch.