1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

You've misunderstood me or I've phrased that poorly. I asked you what a scum!reg world would require based on your understanding of the gamestate. You came back with a team consisting of Regfan//Cobalt/Jarizok at the least to make the mechanics work. That's all I'm saying.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So basically you're refusing to read the game and have decided to comf bias instead?

3. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Ummm no? Like I said I've scumread Jarizok independently of that analysis. It was
    WAS super convenient that he fit into that team though.

---------- Post automerged at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Ugh formatting is so hard.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I have a light scum read on Waco but it's not because I've been worldbuilding with him or ISOing him it's just the fact that as town I almost always usually notice Waco's thread presence in some significant way, and he's clearly been underwhelming at best.

---------- Post automerged at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Sorry just random musings while I'm at work. Will check in again later.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Okay Atum can burn. I still think he's probably a villager but he's also a huge liability down the line and I don't wanna risk having him still tunneling reg way later in the game.

Vote:Atum

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb - Just went through your Vaimes read inside #2446 and I still think it's...weak? But if you're that confident I'll move on for now, just remember if he's scum here it's not me that's getting snowed, it'd be you. I find your analysis on Jarizok inside #2459 much easier to follow and I'd have to say I think I agree with your overall analysis on him in that...I still think he's town gun to head but it's no longer a 'lock' read, it's more "I think he's someone I'm okay giving a day or two here".

Minus the "90-95%" town section of your #2471 you're in a similar spot that I am in that I don't have anyone I feel very confident being mafia. I think Wacos probably the most likely alive and I don't really have good reasons not to lynch Rubicon here but I kind of just don't want? I really like a lot of his effort and gamesolvingness and think mslynching him here would hurt. Kai's moving into my stronger town reads pile if Koalas is scum, so yeah, not interested in lynching Kai anytime soon.

Here's my thoughts on Fontisian in the last ~24 hours.

---------- Post automerged at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

You're going to have to click the link for the not W/W one, it didn't grab the actual quotes, woops.

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

It's #2368 to make it slightly easier.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

It's the kind of read you're never going to feel great about until you've played with scum!Vaimes a couple times, I think.

And yeah, this isn't the strongest I've ever townread Vaimes. You could make the argument that his actual gamesolving is lacking; but that was one of our first exchanges about Vaimes - he doesn't /do/ gamesolving in that way that you personally instinctively recognize as town.

You could make the argument that he's dropped off just effort wise, and that would be a little more compelling.

I just... I have my way of reading Vaimes, he's made 10-15 posts that are independently out of his range in that method.

Eventually "the method" will fail, probably. It does mean he gets one free one against me. But I'm going to keep riding that train until it happens.

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Atum [5] - Reg, Cobalt, Jari, Newcomb, Fable.
    Rubicon [4] - Vaimes, Font, Vira, Miner.
    Jari [2] - Rubicon, Atum.

Not Voting [3] - Delphine, Fluff, Waco.

Takes eight to lynch. EOD is pretty close. I will move to Atum at that time if he's the highest wagon and a lynch isn't achieved.

Otherwise, I'm riding Rubicon to the end.

Delphine, his fluffiness, The Waco Kid.

It's very important you vote. Especially Fluff. You're the Priest, come on.

---------- Post automerged at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Also, Kai exists somewhere.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote Jari

My apologies, I've been busy with family stuff all day.

I think Jari is likely scum, after reading Newcomb's wall. If he is, killing him and then me observing Rubicon would definitively clear him to me. This seems like the best mechanical play after lynching Atum, which I am still debating.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I do not at all actually? How confident are you that this was a thing? Worth me going back and looking?

I could kind of see Atum-Rubicon being a thing if Atums scum here with how this is playing out, Rubicon having lots of worlds that include Atum being mafia when I asked him earlier, him not having a great reason for not lynching Atum but it being so low a priority for him. And Atum focusing on Me/Jarizok rather than Rubicon? It'd make some sense there and would explain his over-focus on me here given well the alternative is a partner anyway. Eh, think just lynching Atum -> Vest Fluff if town and getting Gravedigger information is where I'm at, I really need to have some definitive worlds like Owner+Koalas+Atum+2 or Owner+Koalas+3 or Owner+Jari+3. Just something I can start working from.

Newcomb - I very much understand that you read him differently to most people and that you've had a high success rate from it but I'm just not good ruling him out completely based on reasoning there that just doesn't /feel/ strong when I'm at a position where I'm pretty much sure there's 1-2 scum being town read. But bounce with me here, if you're confident in Vaimes!Town, what worlds are we likely looking at?

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Newcomb

But then you'd be forever shamed by losing to scum!Von

Anyways, here's where I'm at.

I think Atum is town. I don't believe he cases Reg when Reg is towncleared by Cobalt in the way that he does. I also don't believe that he would be so oblivious to the state of the game that he a) doesn't know what I claimed, and b) doesn't know that Reg has been townfirmed.

But the power of + life priest and + life Hunter shouldn't be ignored, so I'm willing to compromise onto Atum, although I want Rubicon.

12. Newcomb

What specifically in that wall? Because I came out of it kind of reluctantly backing off him.

---------- Post automerged at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Nah. If Von's scum this game I'll actually feel fine about it, like - he's enough out of his range for me that I'd be perverse proud of him if he's a wolf here.

13. Vira

High Score:
    My wagon is deflating like a balloon.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Nobody forced me to shoot Kalas. I already suspected him, wanted to use my ability, and only had misgivings about adding another 24 hours to the clock after the Nurse activated.

Also uh, gamesolving, well. I'm mostly just tired of talking in circles, and am ready to lynch in the PoE until we hit a wall. Anything else before that is just confusing white noise*. I hate building worlds; it feels like there are too many possibilities, then I get annoyed at myself for being confused and losing interest.

I've posted my PoE several times over, so. You all know what I think.

Newcomb, re: that Jarizok post, imagine me shrugging vehemently. I'm going back and forth on Jarizok a lot. I don't feel /good/ reading his posts/ISO, mostly neutral.

*to me. Maybe other people are having more luck solving the game right now, but I'm just feeling a tad overwhelmed.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vira - Kai is voting Atum, you should totally join us.

16. Newcomb

Same ones I've been spinning around for 24 hours?

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Regfan

I'm pretty sure I remember that being a thing. I'll look for it myself and tag you when I find it.
    Miner

My logic is this. If Reg and Atum are both villagers and are both still alive in a lylo situation that's basically game throwing so if Atum is just gonna tunnel Reg all game no matter what evidence points to him being a villager then he's gotta go.

18. Vira

High Score:
    I don't condone the murder of innocents.

Votal:

Atum [6] - Reg, Cobalt, Jari, Newcomb, Fable, Kai.
    Jari [3] - Rubicon, Atum, Font.
    Rubicon [3] - Vaimes, Vira, Miner.

Not Voting [3] - Delphine, Fluff, Waco.

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Believe me you know I've been on the rubicon is a witch train longer than anybody else so I'm ofc sad to see it go but Atum's not giving us much of a choice here. We'll lynch rubicon tomorrow.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Newcomb, the first part mostly. You know jari would want to distance himself from the GD role as a witch if he thought an early claiming GD would get priest checked.