1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Cool then we agree that's the team (with newcomb still being my secret wolf if one of those is wrong) so let's go win? I'd like to just win instead of wasting a bunch of days on tinfoil.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

regfan unless you know something I don't, you've got fontisian's role wrong.

---------- Post automerged at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

The only worlds we lose to are ones with multiple of vira / fonti / vaimes imo.

---------- Post automerged at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

No combination of one of them plus two of newcomb / waco / jari / rubicon are winning here imo.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Kai, what am I missing here; if Spiritualist is dead / not in the game she make a decision in their place, no? Like to look at a dead persons cards?

---------- Post automerged at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

We lose to Delphine+Miner +1 unless we lynch there soon and I think todays the best time to go there, I think with the information we collect tomorrow this game just becomes a breeze. Convince me otherwise and I'll switch to one of Rubicon/Waco, probably Waco.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Dead =/= not in the game I would think but I'm bad at mechanics.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'd rather beat as many worlds as possible rather than "Win as fast as possible".

6. KaiDASH

Someone (hi regfan) should count our kills and see how many people we can kill to the end game, since a deep cover last stand after killing all of me newcomb waco jari rubicon is probably game losing.

So we want to kill as much of vira / font / vaimes as possible before proceeding to the rest of us.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This is a joke right?

---------- Post automerged at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Better lynch fluffi just in case jan was the priest then. :rolleyes:

8. KaiDASH

PT can't peek spiritualist.

She can peek gravedigger though.

---------- Post automerged at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Yeah I dunno. I was kind of discounting the 2 clear-pairs.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    We have 8 kills from my count out of 14 alive, obviously remove Fluff/Fable, we can kill everyone but 4 people in total.

---------- Post automerged at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Amount of kills obviously change if any of Miner/Newcomb/You are mafia obviously.

---------- Post automerged at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Plan still works, she just peeks GD at day end and gets Delphines alignment.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Reg tell me why witch!koalas refuses to nurse witch!delphine.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Um, who wins WH if there's zero players alive at game end?

---------- Post automerged at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Because she's not actually an oracle which means if he nurses her and we ever lynch her or have her shot or anything of the sort, she'd instantly we die and we'd all know that'd mean she's confirmed mafia without needing a gravedigger. This would also make Miner confirmed mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

Like him not nursing Delphine if they're partners.

Makes a LOT of sense.

---------- Post automerged at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

It's a game losing play if they're W/W.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    But then if koalas/delphine/miner are all witches what makes the miner nurse better?

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Scum!Koalas is better off nursing himself, Miner, a townie, anyone than Delphine if it's a Scum!Koalas & Scum!Delphine world here imo.

Because Miner would actually be a hunter if he's mafia? So if he nursed Miner it'd actually work? We lynch/shoot Miner he wouldn't die. That's not the case if it's Delphine!Mafia and she's not oracle, and if she's mafia she's almost certainly not oracle.

14. KaiDASH

That can only happen this game if me or newcomb make it to final two with an enemy.

ATM it's a draw but probably I'll make it the team that performs the final kill wins.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Um. I'm moreso referring to final three of You/Newcomb/X.

You Leerroy into Newcomb who has X as his target, who would win?

That's a very plausible world here.... imo.

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    But if they're all witches then lynching delphine would have the same effect no matter who he nursed between delphine/miner.

Also part of this is I had pretty good V read on delphine previously before the claim and so did jan so I really would be shocked if she were a witch here.

17. KaiDASH

Believe me, that world has a 0% chance of happening.

---------- Post automerged at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Fable, the point regfan is making is if Delphine is a witch she's probably not actually the Oracle.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Incorrect.

Nursing Delphine means that upon lynch she'd be mod confirmed mafia. No gravedigger would be required, Miner would be confirmed mafia alongside them, mafia would have no ability to manipulate words or call the Gravedigger mafia/lying.

Nursing Miner, or frankly anyone else does not lead towards mod confirmed mafia.

And I had a strong town read on Delphine too, I've also had a strong scum read on Miner throughout the game and think a world where they're scum here makes a lot of logical sense. I've also started noticing Delphine drop what someone in the past mentioned was a 'town-tell flaw' I had and I think it could be her attempting to pocket me with it. I found her play throughout D2 pretty lacklustre activity wise and that's possibly due to her mixing up the deadline but it felt like there was a lack of....original content? from her? Like she kept just saying what Newcomb/I did?

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Right but I'm saying delphine is a witch probably almost never is this situation.

---------- Post automerged at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

I just don't see witch!koalas going to witch!delphine and saying "you're dead weight I'm not nursing you" that just isn't ever a thing IMO.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    And I disagree? I think him using that "Deadweight excuse" makes sense as partners, it's him attempting to justify a reason for not nursing her when nursing her as partners would hurt them substantially, either way I feel pretty good that the lynch Delphine -> Fontisian PT Gravedigger is a winning plan; leads towards either Miner being a clear with a vest or Miner being confirmed mafia with a vest and us beating that world where we otherwise may not and if it's as simple as Delpine/Miner V/V then we just chainlynch Rubicon->Jarizok after Miner shoots Waco and win the game. If you've got a qualm with this other than "I just want to lynch mafia fast and end this game quickly" let me know and I'll contemplate moving my vote, otherwise I'm pretty happy where I am.

If it ends in a town win it increases our kill numbers. Also just one save does too I think.