1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah um

Even tho I think Vaimes is bad I'm super in agreement in that I would lynch him 100x never before Jarizok.

---------- Post automerged at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

well Jarizok / Vira we lose, I mean, seriously at this point there's no use even CONSIDERING that world because we've already lost if that's the team

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    But if we lynch the wrong person, angels only have a 50% chance of getting us through to the next Day.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

yeah uh we're never not lynching Jarizok thanks

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The thing is, for 99% of the game I didn't even really think you were a witch. imo you've been suuuper town all game, to the point where I'm pretty sure we won't even have to lynch you.

It's just that if Jarizok's death isn't the end, you're more likely to be his partner because other people are townier, clear, or dying anyways.

I don't even think you really believe that I'm a witch; just that I make the most sense as one if there's a partner alive. I could understand you if you owned that read, and would feel a lot better about you had you done that but instead you're scumpainting me wanting to talk about the game state and not quickhammering Jarizok, and trying to look certain of yourself by tossing me into conceding (which I 100% would do if I were scum in this situation), which looks so, so slimy coming from you.

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

tossing should be goading

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Like if I'm a witch here then I'm just sitting on my butt, twiddling my thumbs and going "uh if Jarizok isn't the last witch then oh well."

Not to mention I would have to have fooled fontisian, Newcomb, and Jan, all of whom can and have ripped me to shreds as scum no later than D2. You'd have to be pretty full of yourself to think you know my scumgame better than any of them.

I'd toss Kai into the mix but I have no idea how he perceives me at any given moment.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Usually through a computer monitor.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Haven't been home yet, will probably be so in ~8 hours and do the reread then. Very much intending to vote Jarizok here, just wanted time to actually have an idea who scum is/isn't to leave behind since it's probable it's a Jarizok + 1 world.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I mean...

Yeah; I guess this is pretty true.

If Jarizok doesn't end it there's just nobody else imo? And I'm so tired of feeling like we should have won already that I guess I'm projecting that frustration into thinking you're a witch. Tbh I'm not even convincing myself.

I just want this game to be over.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay well since we're just waiting on Reg I guess I'm gonna go to bed and wake up and the game will be over.

---------- Post automerged 05-21-2017 at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was 05-20-2017 at 23:12 ----------

Or not.

/ten

---------- Post automerged at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Reg, the game is solved/dead, and I can accept losing to Vira. So just hammer already.

I really don't think Jarizok has a partner, and if it's Kai or Cobalt, then whatever, we can deal with that without you rereading everything. Sitting here is boring as fuck.

9. Vira

High Score:
    Reg can't hammer, Kai still needs to vote.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Kai you buttmunch.

---------- Post automerged at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Australians are so high maintenance.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm planning on voting shortly; I've only reread a portion of the thread though and I'm not even remotely confident that there's scum inside Cobalt/Yourself, I'm pretty worried you're TvT and unless Kais scum that loses mechanically here I think we very plausibly could be getting snowed by Vira. Beating Vira from here is a pretty difficult task but not completely impossible if the angels can make a few saves and I don't think it's a world we should entirely rule out.

Here's the entirety of her posts within the last three day phases, there's not a single read or stance on anyone outside of Jarizok/Miner and while she states she thinks Jarizok is alone there the fact there's no worry/scumhunting/thoughts on anyone alive if this doesn't end the game is pretty troubling. It's hugely difficult from how Cobalt/Yourself are playing the situation and I think it's something that needs to be explored tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Things like Jarizok faking a guilty and the Newcomb shot are also things that do make much more sense coming from Vira!Mafia than Cobalt!Mafia given Newcomb spent a large portion of the day phase prior to his death making it pretty clear he was going be pointed towards Fontisian or Cobalt which makes it a pretty risky kill for him to make and a very safe one for Vira.

---------- Post automerged at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

And I thought about Owner/Vira/Jarizok some more (re D1 interactions) and it's probably less of a town tell then we gave it credit for; with Miner looking like the inevitable lynch D1 pushing on Owner increases the odds of her being investigated with scum would want for two reasons with her as a Fanatic, it allows them to distance from each other and allows for scum to attain another vest. Like there's a few things that logically add up if she's mafia more than you/cobalt. If you're only going to listen to 1 thing of mine after I die it's at least consider her a little tomorrow before thunder-doming each other.

Vote: Jari

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

lynch jarizok

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

vote: Jarizok

14. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day over.

Jari ded.

Night over in 24 or when all actions are locked in.

Ending day on mobile is obnoxious.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

less obnoxious filler

16. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Eight Start!

<Flavor that there's no chance I write goes here>

KaiDASH has died!

Regfan was shot, but survives!

Livelist:
    Cobalt
    Regfan
    Vaimes
    Vira

With 4 alive, it requires 3 votes to lynch someone at end of day.

Day Eight will last 3.5ish days: Timer

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb
    [​IMG]

Okay so, if we lynched Vira it'd still be 4 alive at night meaning mafia would need both night kills to go through; if angels still have the "Protect two different targets" option they could guarantee that doesn't occur so technically we can still beat all worlds and if they didn't have this available they'd only need to block 1 night kill (66.66% chance) to continue the game. This means it's still very possible to beat Vira here so we should be considering everyone alive and spending this day actually flat out scumhunting.

Will say that I'm pretty sure that Vaimes is town, that's the one read I kept coming back to when I was reading through the thread so Cobalt if you actually think he's mafia here going to need you to really sell it to me.

Will dump the rest of my thoughts here later.

18. Vira

High Score:
    Just going to bed, will give thoughts in morning.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Boo Angels. Kai was the only viable witch shot and should have been protected.

My "townread scum Survivalist busses their entire team for the extra pew pews" theory calls to me.

I also just don't believe at all that Cobalt is mafia. Clearing Reg when the witch team was falling like dominos is so ???. Maybe the mafia wanted him to pocket Reg, but that just feels too dangerous to be true.

20. Vira

High Score:
    Replying first.

Why?

I'm tired of playing and I don't want to be here.

Yes, ‘tis true, I was the only one pushing on poor, towny Owner. My wagon of one of her was so lonely but she was lynched anyways.

Explain to me how this theory wins.

Vaimes, Cobalt.

Please link me a recent (one year ago max) towngame and scumgame from you. I read Vaimes QT from that hilarious game he posted a couple days ago, but that game was two and a half years ago and I don’t know if the information is up-to-date.

---------- Post automerged at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Um, that last quote was supposed to be from Vaimes, but sure, let's say Reg said that too.

---------- Post automerged at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Waiting for the games to be posted so I can confirm some things. But in the meantime:

Why do you think that? You said yesterDay you would lynch Cobalt/Kai if the game didn't end, but here you're saying you thought Kai was town?