1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

god fine let me walk home

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Ugh

Can we just lynch Vira's vest and make the final decision tomorrow?

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I mean if there's some legitimate concerns with Vaimes's play here it's

1) His change from scum reading Cobalt at EOD yesterday to confidently scum reading Vira at the start of today - it's a change he pretty much has to make as mafia and thus has scum motivation behind it - that said he did scum read Vira earlier in the game and his interaction with Cobalt near EOD yesterday shows that was a scum read he wasn't particularly commited towards so while a decent point I don't think it's a smoking gun.

2) Him claiming Gravedigger, Jarizok making posts that distanced from the Gravedigger role and then well, Jarizok claiming it over Vaimes. It's possible scum changed their lineup of who was claiming what but surely they don't do this after they'd already committed those posts? Would be a really weird play to make as scum but it's also really weird that it happened in general so it just leaves me going ??????

Otherwise people need to provide some reasons outside of "X is more town" or "I don't think he's done as much as Y" here since I've still yet to be really sold on this.

This is ????????????????????? how much do you know about Viras scum play and range? For you to make a statement like this you'd have to know a lot and I don't think you actually do making this pretty disingenuous.

---------- Post automerged at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

This is so reach-y that it's not funny, Vaimes stating that Owners attempted to limit her thread presence has a pretty clear indication of what he thinks of it, the "Could be priest" is stretching to a ridiculous degree.

---------- Post automerged at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

See, maybe I could see his read on Jarizok being an issue but I think a large portions of the game was including myself and Jarizok being the Gravedigger made him a much different..thing to read into. But the whole "Vaimes is mafia becasue Vira is town" is a problem for me for a few reasons a) It doesn't do anything to help me solve the game from where I'm sitting and b) It's a stance that's very easy to push as mafia "Oh this person is more town so lets lynch this other town person who is less town". Like I need hard reasons on Vaimes being mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Similarly Vaimes, reasons Vira is mafia outside of "PoE" and "Angels" is what I'd like.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I have to go out for an hour. :/

Sorry, Reg, I'll get to you about Vaimes's scum game when I get back.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

okay so then if you're gonna shoot down every relevant argument I have about Vaimes let's just reach consensus on Vira and lose the game cuz that works too

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I honestly have no idea at this point. I feel like that because I townread Vira and Cobalt so hard all game, going back and finding hints or reasons or signs pointing to one of them being mafia isn't something I can do. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

The more Vira posts, the less I think she's a witch. I want to be sure, I'd love nothing more than to have the last witch dead to rights, but I don't. I'm just making assumptions about how this game played out and the situation we're in rather than rereading everything because, obviously, two of us had fantastic reads and the other one faked them.

I haven't looked at Cobalt's ISO in a while so I'll go poke at that I guess.

---------- Post automerged at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

Vira has basically shot down everything I or Reg has said. We're just going in circles.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    No problem, works for me since I probably should do some work now :/

I mean, if your "Relevant argument" is that he said that she's intentionally not posting so much and by that he's being open ended about his stance on her..then, yes I'll shoot it down because I don't think it's an argument you even believe yourself, merely just finding "something". If your argument is "Vira is more town", you can understand how that does nothing for me and makes it harder to solve this. If you have something else I'm all ears?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Neither ??? nor !!! nor key smashing can even come close to how I feel about this game right now.

I can't fathom witch!Cobalt trapping himself in endgame with his clear check and a vested villager.

I can't fathom witch!Vira losing steam near endgame when she's about to win.

I almost want to believe Eido is trolling us.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Works for me.

Vote: Eido

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Vote: Eido

11. Vira

High Score:
    My dad remembered there was a soccer game on and asked me to wait for twenty. -.-

I guess I'll continue reading Vaime's game and post votals because apparently that's all I do.

A Vote Count Three Minutes Before Midnight.

Eido [2] - Reg, Cobalt.
    Vaimes [1] - Vira.
    Vira [1] - Vaimes.

Not Voting [1] - Eido.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote, vote Eido

This actually made me feel better.

13. Vira

High Score:
    Cool, let me hammer your hammer.

Vote: Eido.

A Vote Count Two Minutes Before Midnight.

Eido [4] - Reg, Cobalt, Vaimes, Vira.

Not Voting [1] - Eido.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why is it taking you so much longer to read my scumgame?

I died D2. Cobalt made it to endgame in his. Mine should be significantly shorter. :/

---------- Post automerged at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

I know for a fact I had less posts in that game, too, because being busy as town is whatever, but being busy as mafia is even more exhausting.

---------- Post automerged at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

Cobalt, did you ever go over this?

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I honestly have never wished I were dead more in any mafia game I've ever played in my entire life.

---------- Post automerged at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

It had something to do with a soft claim and I don't remember who or what but it became inconsequential.

16. Vira

High Score:
    I read part of it, stopped when Cobalt said he was also in that game, and started over with scum Cobalt in mind. I don't care how short it is, it's a chore to read and I can't play mafia all day.

You'll get my post tonight, I promise.

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Looks like that's a hammer.

Eidolonic has died!

Votes are reset.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Why are Vira and Vaimes both humoring each other so hard?

Each should be lock scum to the other. Which one has committed more to that, and which one has been more open to discussion?

Because I'd think the one that committed more to the other person being lock scum is more likely to be town here.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Troll me into eternity, daddy

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I just.

If Cobalt had had this thought as a witch, then...he would have shot font? owner was dead, there was nothing stopping him.

---------- Post automerged at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

I hate you.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

There is no universe in which I'm a witch stop wasting y'alls time lmao