1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    No problem, go to bed.

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Went through your recent wall Vaimes, I personally don't think Vira "Herding votes" or "Posting vote counts" is alignment indicative after last game. Your point about her making the comment about dying N1 is a really really good one, like that was part of why I was town reading her but the comment isn't one that makes much sense coming from the actual Town Survivalist and looks like it's made to be town read. The reads list you prompted is eh in that lots of the reads are very..surface level and vague from her there and there's a few reads in particular there I can see making sense coming from mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Like her reads and reasoning in that post on Fontisian/Rubicon/Jan/Myself/Jarizok are all questionable to some degree.

I rather enjoyed lynching that bastard too, I imagine I'll get my comeuppance postgame though.

---------- Post automerged at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Okay, with that I'm probably done posting at work today and will just get around to reading through the remaining links I've got left when I get home, I intend to either vote before I go to bed or when I wake up tomorrow since I'll be pretty much MIA in the last ~12 hours of the day phase and rather have this sorted before then.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I just had a fit of hysterical laughter that turned into a little bit of crying over how fucked I feel about this game.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Deadline is in ~2 hours; who you voting?

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lynch: Vira

---------- Post automerged at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Might as well get rid of her vest.

Can angels do me a favor and not protect me so that I don't have to endure another F4 like this? Thanks.

---------- Post automerged at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Actually no don't do that cuz they they could use last stand for the win lol

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Oh imo, it's not actually in 2 hours, we have time it was more a "If deadline was soon what you doing" but that's pretty much where I'm at too (Minus the "might as well" part). Will finish rereading when I get home and vote tonight/tomorrow morning.

---------- Post automerged at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

If you're still around Cobalt let me know if you don't want me to hammer before I go to bed, I'm pretty happy to do so otherwise especially since this should almost always make it to tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

I'm immensely sorry if this is wrong and it very well might be since I really struggle seeing any of you being mafia given some of what's occurred this game, this just has not been a good performance of mine even remotely and a game I'll want to forget as soon as possible. That said a few things that have transpired throughout the game make slightly more sense if you're mafia, main things that have impacted on my decision here are;

1) Koalas vesting a town player makes more sense if a partner has a vest rather than there being two townies with a vest and leaving his partner in a ??? spot where they've got even more things stacked against them, this is especially hard to see happening if Vaimes is mafia given he had no 'mechanical' reasons to be viewed town and would be up against Watcherman/Oracles/DOBs/Leeroys/2 Vested players, feels like just stacking the deck against him to a ridiculous manner when he'd be sitting in a pretty bad position with Fontisian/Newcomb being alive and both being able to read him. I also found the whole "We're not unvoting Koalas if he vests someone else" -> "Lets unvote and lynch elsewhere, I didn't think he'd actually do it" stance on Koalas from Vira around that timing to be problematic.

2) I've found your massive decrease in content throughout the mid-late series of the game especially D4->D8 to make a lot of sense being scum not wanting to do too much to rock the boat and thinking they'd already won the game if the kills went through. If I compare the "Mafia lurking while being heavily town read" and "Town genuinely thinking Jarizok was the final mafia" options, the earlier feels much more likely given you asked for reasoning on why I thought Jarizok wasn't alone, i explained it and your response was a weak "is he type to concede" ignoring that it's a play that intentionally loses him the game. The complete lack of uh, consideration, paranoia or skepticism from you at the time there differed greatly from Cobalt/Vaimes and I think makes more sense from mafia. Pretty much I think you were playing the 'reasonable player' as scum during it as shitty an explanation as that may sound.

3) I think the sheer strength of your Vaimes read coming out today after thinking the game would end yesterday to feel unnatural and exaggerated, I find the reasoning behind "Cobalt is out of his scum range" while voting Vaimes when a huge degree of players that know Vaimes said the same about him to be more like scum trying to go for a winning ML? Like Vaimes isn't wrong in that the time taken to read through his meta v Cobalts was drastically different and what you come out of it with felt weak in a fashion where you know you have to maintain the stance of pushing Vaimes here.

4) I still just haven't been sold on Vaimes being mafia here, I think meta wise he's very far outside his range and given what others have said about him and what I've seen from his play I'd be mightily impressed if he's mafia here, he'd have pocketed the shit out of me and this would be entirely on me here. I also think if Cobalts mafia Kai gets saved last night every time over myself there, like Kai living is going after Cobalt which the angels would love if Cobalts scum, Vaimes has also brought up a few other good reasons for Cobalt being town which just leaves you.

So yeah, I'm sorry if this is wrong;

Vote: Vira

[​IMG]

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Don't post and go the fuck to sleep.
    Eidolonic - is taking over from here.

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Eight Ends

Vira is lynched, but survives!

Night will end in 24 hours (or less if all actions are locked in).

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I filler.

You filler.

He she me...filler?

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Nine Start!

<Flavor that there's no chance I write goes here>

Vaimes was shot, but survives!

Regfan was shot, but survives!

Livelist:
    Cobalt
    Regfan
    Vaimes
    Vira

With 4 alive, it requires 3 votes to lynch someone at end of day.

Day Nine will last 3ish days: Timer

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vote Vira

QTs please.

---------- Post automerged at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Have I said "Kill the witch" at all this game?

Kill the witch!

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I want to see exactly what Vira has to say about that Vaimes shot before I say anything further.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Wait, let me peer into the future.

"Vaimes, did you use the Illusion Kill on yourself?" Vira inquires condescendingly.

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't know.

Maybe Vaimes didn't Illusion Kill Reg. Maybe you're scum and I'm stupid. I just know I haven't been framed this bad since WH7.

What am I supposed to say?

Reg never even did his mystical long post looking at all the options. I wanted to discuss it when I woke up this morning, but nope, hammered.

---------- Post automerged at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Don't tack 'ly' words on dialogue tags. Make the dialogue stronger so it actually looks condescending. I'm iffy about that dialogue tag but not sure how to correct it.

Try again.

... Vira says snarkily.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh right, we're on a writing forum.

Thanks, Vira. I'll remember that if I ever start writing fanfiction again.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

You weren't supposed to say it. I wanted her to say it. That's why I didn't say it.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's whatever. She's mafia.

I'm town. Regfan is town.

If you were scum, you'd just go "lordt finally gg witchesss" and vote Vira here instead of slowrolling. Plus Angel saves point to you being town, you're behaviorally very town, blah blah blah.

17. Vira

High Score:
    Two worlds:

1. Vaimes is scum. He shot Reg to either to get his power out of the game or get his help if angels protected him (which was more likely). Because there's doubt whether the Reg kill was legitimate, he's okay with using the Illusion Kill on himself here to prove he really did shoot Reg and to cast doubt away from him.

2. Cobalt is scum. I've been seduced, betrayed, and left by the side of the road. Cobalt took Kai out because he was dangerous, and doesn't care who he kills because he believes he's no longer on the table.

What am I supposed to do?

---------- Post automerged at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Reg's not changing his mind. Vaimes is not changing his mind. Going to No Lynch puts the game into angel hands to save one of the two correct people out of three targets. Then what? Back here, back again.

I'm really tired.

I don't know if I can or want to argue my way out of this. I hate the 'I'm okay with losing to ____ world' but I'm mostly feeling that out of apathy.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I just really, really, really don't wanna fuck this up.

Especially after that other thing that happened that I can't talk about.

Need a win right now.

19. Vira

High Score:
    ? Why not?

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I felt like that about you the whole game but I never thought we'd wind up in this situation.

---------- Post automerged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Ongoing game.

---------- Post automerged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------
    Vaimes Vira

If I asked either one of you to give up and roll over and die to just end the game already, what would you say?