1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Who lit the thread on fire when I was away?

Koalas How's that catch up coming?

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Wondering if in witch!Miner worlds this makes Rubicon more or less likely to be with him? On the one hand, it's the softest of soft-defenses and super fence sit-y, which I feel like is just a little too obvious, on the other it's pretty much the only way you could try to stem the rising tide of a partner getting heavily scumread, just kind of brush it off and want to see more, and hope he can post his way out of it later.

It's, eh. I think maybe on balance it's more likely to be not w/w? It's just so weak, it would be hard to imagine you wouldn't feel self-aware doing that as a witch. Been burned by Rubicon spew in the past though, so.

Some mild red flags in this post; the overall thrust is more about picking holes in other people's thinking, kind of an overall mild pushback against Vira / Fluff / Rubicon reads - without offering corresponding/counter angles of attack.

The Miner thing at the end is eh. Can sort of see town there? Potentially not if Miner is town; it's kind of a Goldilocks waffle in that respect. Meh, nothing strong either way I think.

Let's talk about your Vaimes read, Reg.

What does this even mean?

Kiiiiinda like this look from Jan? The way he's approaching Reg's first post, like- yeah it's silly. It would be a pretty weird way to distance from a partner, like Jan could do better than that I think. And in town!Reg worlds scum!Jan going after Reg of all people for essentially "you've have formatted that post better if you were town" is pretty lolworthy.

Basically I think Jan spooling out the thoughts based on Reg's post being an ugly block of text is slightly more likely to come from town that just noticed a Thing and started talking about it.

Eh. I've had some strong early Jan reads in my last 3-4 games with him and I don't have one here. Not really sure what that means other than "games are not the same as each other."

It's a little gross, but I don't think wolf!Jan ever fakes that kind of OGI shit with fonti, meaning it's a real thought as either alignment, meaning Jan knows that fonti's not definitely on his team i.e. there is potential information to be given away, per his post. So I'd call Jan/fonti pretty unaligned for this.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Nope

(I'll be around-ish bouncing between this and the Rangers game, and finishing catch-up)

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

>mfw people insist on not working together

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Who is that regarding, Vaimes?

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Everyone.

At one point or another.

7. Rubicon

It's not a reaction to something specific?

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    fontisian

As far as I can tell your only reasoning for why miner is a witch is because you didn't like his reaction to your RVS vote on him. That's not nearly enough to go on IMO. Now I did ISO him in WH7 and I can see him being a witch here based similar openings but I'm not going to auto vote him because of that without giving him the chance to establish himself and give thoughts.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Waco's nope.

There are other instances I haven't commented on, and I won't, just to make him feel bad.

10. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Newcomb I read the last WH, as well as all the QTs for that game. It was repeatedly mentioned in the (angels I think?) QTs how you were on the lower end of the postcount and how you weren't pushing any postcount related reads and thoughts.

You saying you wouldn't be attention too much in your first post could be an excuse to post less, which made me think of that and I wanted that out there.

11. Newcomb

If feel like if that's how you feel about Jan, you'd be listing him higher in your scumreads? This doesn't feel so much like "help me understand you", it reads more like an accusation.

Agree with these mechanical things, by the by. Oracle/Watchman check doesn't give us two clears, it just says that the claimer is always a witch if their check is, etc. Priest target shouldn't be directed. And witches PoEing Priest N1 is entirely possible for the reasons Jan stated; check the witch QT for WH5 and see how Menace, fonti and I systematically reduced the potential Priest/Aco pairs to essentially only Citrus/Fluff and Moridin/Lungs. (And then shot Citrus, the Priest).

Villagers give a lot away about what their role ISN'T by what they say, often without realizing it.

Plus, WH isn't TinyHunt. Even the Priest is not the end all and be all of town here.

For the most part I'm in favor of just letting people do their own thing.

Locking scum into their claim early is a good thing, but on balance, this game feels super consensus-y already, so that ship has already kind of sailed. Like, there are clearly 3-4 consensus townreads and clearly a couple people who'd always be PoE'd at this point. Either that's right, or it's not, but witches already know that and like. They kinda already know the score, in terms of what the gamestate means for claims.

And that's about as mechanics-intensive as I'd like to get, at least for D1 and hopefully for the whole game.

12. Rubicon

Vote: Fable

This is mainly based on interactions re: miner and fontisian. Also kind of agree the Koalas prod was bad.

13. Vira

High Score:
    Don’t be condescending. The Day isn’t going to end in a few hours.

I don’t think there’s any harm in asking for a progress report.

I’ve never seen the word malice thrown around in a mafia game and I don’t want to see it again.

What’s wrong with voting? Voting is a free action. Vote often, vote always. Look:

Vote: Fable.

I don’t like how overly defensive you’re being. In that quote above, you don’t want to vote Miner because you want to give him the chance to establish himself. It’s also implying you don’t want to scumread him for the same reason. So, why are you doing that with Kalas? At least he says he’s going to catch up.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    BECAUSE WANTING TO GIVE SOMEONE TIME INSTEAD OF JUMPING ON THEM FOR THIN REASONING IS SO FUCKING TERRIBLE RIGHT?!

---------- Post automerged at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Like should I just claim now?

15. Vira

High Score:
    Okay, how about we all take a step back. This is a game and it should be fun.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Pretty sure it was TH7, not a WH. The biggest thing for me in determining Newcomb town v scum isn't the quantity (The read-wall by postcount is Newcomb's own strategy idea), but the quality and enthusiasm of his posts. And he's been a little thin so far based on my notes, which is why I have him sitting below null.

---------- Post automerged at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

:p

/10 charas

17. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

It was definately a WH. Newcomb, Fonti and slippery were the scumteam, Typhon replaced Fonti? Citrus modded.

18. Rubicon

This isn't personal man, sorry if the situation is frustrating.

No, but this is noted.

If you're town, find scum and convince us to lynch them.

19. Newcomb

All due respect to the people posting in Angel chat, but people like Waco/Vira who play mostly on DLP just... don't really have a comprehensive idea of me as a player.

I'm trying to find a way to phrase this without sounding like a massive tool, but... the difference between me in Narutomafia/Hannibal Mafia and me in the MU Wildcard game / Concussion Mafia is uh. Ugly duckling, swan, etc.

If you want the Gold Standard on how to read me, look no further than Typhon's read on me D1 in Owner's Market.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    w/e lynch me If you want I don't even care anymore.