1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vira - Because I think it's a topic of discussion that's optimal to discuss and bring up as early possible here; having everyone on the same page and then having enough time for that person to claim without it eating up a lot of the day phase is neccesary if we're enacting any plans. And don't worry; I'll get around to "real-game talk" soon.

@Rubcion - Seems reasonable to me. What's your stance re; Gravedigger/Oracle claiming here?

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I have no real stance except that I know fontisian and kaidash have both stated in the past that Gravedigger should always claim d1.

WH isn't really my specialty.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This is something I'm very much against, I've always thought it better for gravedigger to claim d2.

4. Rubicon

I will join you in asking fontisian to explain all that.

---------- Post automerged at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

How come?

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeaaah, why would the Gravedigger claim D1? They have no information and become a night target.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I think it's better for the gravedigger to claim when they at least have some information to give.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The Gravedigger has information Day 1.

It's that they are not the Priest.

Witches shooting a confirmed non-Priest target N1 is very unlikely. Especially since the first Angel won't really have a better target in mind and is more likely to protect the claimed GD.

(Assuming the D1 lynch is a miss.)

You should talk about why that is, otherwise I'm going to assume you're a witch trying to undermine a solid player early on.

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Unless scum have the Apprentice, like what happened in Witch Hunt 7 with Newcomb.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

There's still the threat of divine intervention.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    But then why would you narrow down the pool of who could be the priest for the witches?

I'm not saying GD never claims I'm saying give it one day so we get at least one confirmed result, I don't see any real benefit to the GD claiming d1.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Anyway, it's ultimately up to the Gravedigger.

Almost everyone here has played WH so they can decide for themselves if it's worth claiming once D1 rolls around.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'd have much rather Fontisian go into this since she has a better grasp on WH given this is my first time with the setup but based on what I've seen of her past posts and what I can infer myself there's a few advantages towards having the Gravedigger claim D1.

If scum have Gravedigger locking a specific player into claiming it D1 is crucial otherwise mafia that get run up D1 has some incentive towards claiming the role even if a partner has it and just claiming their partners results or manufacturing them. If town have the Gravedigger there's actually not a lot of risk of worrying about "Mafia just shooting them" given a) There's potential to have apprentice turn into a backup Gravedigger, b) There's much more threatening roles towards the mafia than Gravedigger and c) Mafia also benefit from the Gravedigger outing his results to a degree.

Pretty much by Gravedigger claiming D1 we can safely assume two worlds only are true a) The person claiming it is the true Gravedigger and is mafia or b) That the person claiming it is the true Gravedigger and is town. Very little downside to it being claimed D1.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Better to lock potential scum into a claim earlier than later.

If they manage to narrow down the Priest on D1, it's 99% the Priest's fault for being obvious.

---------- Post automerged at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

I really don't want to get dragged into a claim tug-of-war here. font and Reg can deal with that mess.

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

Oh yeah, that too. Witches want flip information too, so they're probably gonna leave the GD alone for at least a little bit.

14. Rubicon

This is intended to make me townread you.

regfan is a solid player. I expect him to be analyzing people's motives and thought processes early.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Explain this part to me, I'm not sure I understand.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It really isn't. My other posts are doing that nicely, and quite naturally.

I'm entertaining the possibility of you two distancing.

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

It's a no-flip game.

Bit of a Garcia, but it's mechanical so who cares.

---------- Post automerged at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------
    Fable

Have you played WH before?

17. Rubicon

The outline of town is there.

Does this mean you also think regfan is suspicious?

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I know it's a no-flip game, that doesn't really answer the question. I mean I guess it would be nice to get confirmation if you hit the priest or not but that doesn't really outweigh the potential downsides I would think.

---------- Post automerged at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Once but the game got cancelled midway through cuz the host botched the setup.

19. Rubicon

I think the idea is that knowledge of who had which role is useful to the witches, especially later on, since they're also aiming to solve the game for different reasons.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon pretty much hit the nail on the head, the players that die during the day phase aren't just via the lynch but also via things like Leeroy/DOB death and the flipped roles help both town and mafia being revealed; mafia knowing what they still are up against is rather important for them too.

Anyway heading into a meeting and won't be able to get back to this for a few hours.