1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, I thought that was a chance from Rubicon's initial defense and then reversal on miner that if miner was scum, he was likely scum as well. Thus, my view of him git slightly more positive when I learned miner was town.

---------- Post automerged at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

This. This is wrong. See post #614.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Use your words please.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So him bandwagoning on miner was villagery in your opinion?

4. Rubicon

Correcting the record on my Miner progression.
    These posts stand for themselves, especially 842.

---------- Post automerged at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Koalas
    KaiDASH
    The Waco Kid
    Jarizok
    fontisian

At least 2-3 in this group imo.

There is probably also at least 1 witch in the town block somewhere.

5. fontisian

No, it was not.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Then I'm confused.

Rubicon bandwagoning miner wasn't villagery but he went up in your reads when he did it. Then in that case even if you liked the move at the time did you ask rubicon to look into something for you instead of reevaluating the read? And I know "just cuz I did that doesn't mean I was village reading him" or whatever but you also asked Newcomb so are your reads on the two of them in a similar place then?

7. fontisian

No, Rubicon went up in my reads a little bit when Delphine outed. There's no other point in the game where he went up in my reads, except perhaps when Jan called him kind of town at eod 1.

I did not ask Rubicon for his thoughts because I was townreading him. At the time, I was slightly townreading Newcomb and not townreading Rubicon. Clear?

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Then that makes even less sense. That shouldn't have done anything to the read because being on that wagon shouldn't have made anyone look better least of all rubicon who joined late.

Then why were you asking rubicon to look into something for you? I don't recall you doing that with any of your other wolf reads thus far.

9. fontisian

Bro, this isn't that hard.

I thought Rubicon was acting like he would if he were Miner's partner. Thus, when I learned Miner was not scum, Rubicon could not have been his partner, which made Rubicon less scummy.

I asked Rubicon, in addition to Jan (who I was not townreading at the time) and Newcomb, because I have some faith in their analytical skills and wanted to see how they reacted.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So the only reason you were wolf reading rubicon was based on an association read with miner?

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    fontisian Are you going to address 1547 or are we just going full ignore your scum reads existence?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

iirc, yes.

---------- Post automerged at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------
    fontisian are you going to answer my question or just keep ignoring it

13. Rubicon

I also asked her a question.

Cobalt, in order, I don't know why those scum reads would be suspicious to you since I was transparent about my reasons for both and they are not controversial. Regfan started the game scummy, got better enough for me to look elsewhere, continued being a person on interest into today.

HF was flying under the radar, probably on purpose, and I explained my thoughts there.

I have been playing with Alum for years and cam read him better than you.

The regfan vote was because of what I wrote at the end of day one, which he ignored, and because when multiple people open the day with naked votes on someone it looks like a red check. Then you hard claimed a clear on him so that went out the window and HF just looked like an opportunistic sudden change of mind.

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Fable what was your thought process when Cobalt claimed?

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon

I was thinking one of two things were happening.

1. Reg/Cobalt were w/w

2. Fluffy checked fonti and not reg was just sheeping her read.

Didn't really think about reg being haunted cuz I'm not familiar with the mechanic.

15. Rubicon

Jan softed Acolyte to fluff on day one. I know people often give misleading crumbs in this game, but what are the odds he gets that correct without being Acolyte?

Have you pulled a really clever gambit here based on knowing Acolyte died night one?

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Please quote these crumbs?

Just want to check something.

17. Rubicon

This post.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I left more than enough crumbs to make it clear I'm the acolyte and yeah Jan guessing right on fluffy being the priest was kind of amusing to me.

19. fontisian

Haven't done reread, not doing associative things I haven't thought about until then.

Think you're obviously mafia from the way you compared owner and miner d1 and tried to draw divide in my treatment up them. This depends on me knowing that I'm town, of course, but it's pretty obviously a distance attempt while trying to link someone else to your partner, with a dash of tmi.

No. Reads work on a relative scale. Since I townread many people who were not Rubicon and found Rubicon's tone slightly off, what would have been a null to light scum read on an absolute scale becomes damning on the relative one. This is also why I was happy to lynch miner, you, owner and Kalas. Est-ce que tu comprends?

Cobalt, didn't see your question, will find it soon.tm.

Rubicon, I thought about this while walking. In order for Fable to not be the acolyte, Kai would have to be fake and have checked Jan or already be sure of the aco read. With owner dead, and subsequently free witch kills, the team would have to have decided to shoot their aco read instead of the his priest. Alternatively, they could have thought Jan was the priest /and/ checked him, which also makes no sense.

I'd still like to see the crumbs from Fable, but I consider that scenario highly unlikely.

With that in mind, I think it's important to look at the type of team which would encourage Owner to haunt Reg, while she basically outs at eod. I don't think Kai would ever allow his team to make that decision. I think it is unlikely, though possible, from Newcomb. Obviously, I would not allow it.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Reg quoted most of them already but missed like one I think.