1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king.

Also good point Delphine.

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I think that they could've thought people like Jarizok, Fable, Rubicon or even fonti were his acolyte. (I say this not having reread any of them; those were just the off the top of my head concerns when I saw Jan died.)

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. Fear the old blood." (Willem 2:10)

4. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

What's the town block?

---------- Post automerged at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Quit it goddamnit.

---------- Post automerged at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Just out of dumb curiosity (read: I am dumb and curious) what was the significant downside that made fluff's claim urgently necessary?

---------- Post automerged at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Oh for God's sake.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'll take things people say when they're running out of viable mislynches for $500.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean I saw this, but I can have my tinfoil doubts.

Plus, if it isn't in the Cobalt/fluff/Fable/Reg region, then I'm looking at you, Rubicon, Vaimes, Koalas, Atum, Jari.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm okay with this.

---------- Post automerged at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I said it's NAI, I didn't say it made you scum. That's awfully defensive of you.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Only got a few minutes before I head to work but Fonti here's the quotes from Fables D1 that I mentioned earlier, reading them combined with how he doesn't treat anyone else like he does Fluff makes it pretty clear he's softing a clear on Fluff D1. Not to mention Kai has a "Holy" on Fable and the world where they're both scum and were so confident they hit a Holy N1 is very slim and pretty convoluted. Fables progression from questioning the votes on me to joining instantly after Fluff softs also fits with it too, ultimately I see no world here where Fable isn't Acolyte.

---------- Post automerged at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I think us mass-claiming provides way more information than harm here and I don't think it impacts scums kills at all since they've got more than enough outed roles they'd kill before anything else. That said if we're not mass-claiming agree with having DOB claim, think having Assassin claim is the right move too; sure we can't "counter play them" but if mafia claim the role we can direct it as town kill power and if they breach that we just lynch them and take a 1-1 trade, if they have it and don't claim it we'd know that scum are hiding it after a mass-claim too.

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Mafia would have known Kai softed a Holy on Fable who in turn stated that Fluff is 100% town, at that stage mafia would have known for a fact all three of their roles; having it outed for us to actually assess and work with was by far the best move to make.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
  10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Jarizoks reaction to the entire thing is very underwhelming in #1529.

I laughed way too much at the idiot sandwich.

And with that I've got to get ready for work, may phone post catch up on the way.

---------- Post automerged at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

This is a good look combined with him having a holy check on Fable.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Can fluff really be characterized as "new" or "unfamiliar with the setup" is my question.

---------- Post automerged at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Also, agree with nursing Delphine.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    It's not directed at Fluff. It's directed at Fable, from Kai's POV there's a 50% chance he's the priest based on his check.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

To everyone except Reg:

Thoughts on lynching Reg and confirming we get 1/2 scum, and 1 angel so that we have protection, or is that -EV?

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Yeah IK, I was referring to Kai because it's Kai's quote. Sorry wasn't clear.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, miner.

16. KaiDASH

If we lynch a witch today fluff dies tonight since Angels can't protect when outnumbered by demons.

Conversely, if we lynch town today fluff shouldn't die.

We're not lynching regfan today.

It's likely that Assassin and LC are both town here, since fluff isn't dead. It could be that the witches rate fluff as low risk and are holding on to the kills, but that seems unnecessarily risky given the gamestate.

They don't know Miners role. It's unlikely that there will be a NK for the next few days that will affect our ability to claim and completely figure out the state of the game, so again I'm going to be on team wait and see.

Anyone we're lynching should claim as a matter of course, but beyond that I don't think it's particularly necessary.

17. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Already, going to start catching up. If anyone has any questions for me, send an @

18. KaiDASH

I wish you didn't immediately clear fluff fable (and that fluff tried to be a little more oblique).

I half-think withces weren't aware of the gamestate.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

If kalas is a witch, and the witches have lc or dob on someone else, I can see them not firing as they know they'll have the shot on fluff Tonight.

20. KaiDASH

At the start of the day at least.