1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Many thanks! Off to work

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Could you quote? I recall asking font if you were just being thick or ?? but that wasn't about fable specifically so.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Think Reg/Rubicon pretty unlikely to be w/w with that exchange.

Rubicon's early reads here are pretty noncommittal. The Miner thing I had some thoughts about it not making sense in w/w worlds but with Miner likely town here that's off the table. It's kind of... in a way it's agenda-less I suppose. But no it's not really, because opposite reaction implies a strong townread and then he just gives the mother of all caveats with the second bit. It's a ping.

Feel like this makes Rubicon/fonti prrrooobably not w/w? Since it has that "I know you're town and being dumb but you do you" flavor to it.

It's Rubicon and fonti though, so like. Not by any means conclusive.

Vaimes/Rubicon also some -w/w points for this I think.

__

Fairly convinced based on those early exchanges centered on Miner that there's at most one between Fonti/Rubicon/Vaimes here.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

And my question is what was it about then?

Were you seriously accusing me of being thick for not accepting your fake claim?

5. KaiDASH

People thought I was inquisitor because I aced my Fable read. I didn't claim inquisitor but I didn't say I wasn't either when people talked about it.

Cobalt and Rubicon (and Vaimes to a lesser extent) attempt to keep me in the PoE for various slim reasons given the public knowledge at the time.

Waco makes a post then says I'm not the inquisitor as a kind of unrelated aside at the end.

Cobalt, Vaimes and Rubicon immediately talk about how vindicated they are for their continued suspicion of me.

All of them are ignoring that there are 0 positive outcomes for me as a witch in this spot and my play in general.

6. Newcomb

Still hate this post.

Hate it even more in His Fluff/Miner/Vira town Rubicon wolf worlds.

---------- Post automerged at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

How did you ace your Fable read with the information you had at the time you posted it?

7. KaiDASH

I usually don't share this kind of thing (preferring to reread them and then find 'better' reasoning) but I'll make an exception here: Fable made a mechanical error that I thought would never come from a Witch.

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

The problem is that you dropped it after fontisian pressed you, making me think you couldn't actually substantiate what you thought.

[no further commentary from rubicon]

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I was at work, Kai.

I disagreed with fontisian's point because owner made her post at the very last minute of D1. And my point about timing is that a witch team might reasonably have concluded that fluff was the Priest after Jan died.

It's moot, though, since the reasoning for Jan being acolyte falls apart on other levels.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    To speed this up; @Atum, fontisian, Newcomb, Rubicon, Vaimes, Vira if any of you are the Old Dame claim it inside your next post otherwise I'm going to assume either a) Scum have it and aren't claiming it or b) Jan or Miner have it.

Was it in regards to him thinking there was 18 roles and not 19 D1? Because I found that pretty unlikely to come from scum and pretty genuine to the extent where I was willing to put him to the side and table going over him till later.

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not Dame, sorry.

11. Newcomb

Is that your idea of the PoE? Because I feel like you have kind of a warped view of the gamestate, if so.

Can Jan even have had it? I was under the impression BoD was announced, like Nurse, but I'm seeing now it doesn't say anything about that in the roles list.

---------- Post automerged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Think this whole exchange is too... something, to be pure theater.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not Dame.

Also going to bed, and activity will be a bit lower. Got my first exam(s) tomorrow.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I mean Kai, Waco and Jari all explicitly or implicitly claimed other roles, which means Reg is only missing Koalas.

14. KaiDASH

I'm not sure, I don't keep notes and my memory is kind of average for details.

I should have included fonti's first post too:

I think your progression here is starting at the finish and you're retroactively justifying it.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah as Fluff pointed out, everyone else has already claimed a role and Koalas has already explicity said he's not the role so it's just everyone alive possible to be it, looking probable that mafia have and aren't claiming the role here.

16. KaiDASH

bod and dob are both public activations. You can choose not to active though.

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I want to lynch waco

lynch the waco kid

---------- Post automerged at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Reason being that if waco is a witch that's very telling for vaimes, cobalt and rubicon.

17. Newcomb

Don't think it can be Jarizok/Waco/Rubicon based on this exchange (this is the tail end of it.) For one thing, Waco would be putting his buddy in kind of an awkward position asking him about Rubicon and pressing him on that read, and then the kind of... cordial thing they've got going on here.

Like, the bolded green being him responding to Jarizok about Rubicon... in town!Miner world's that's just suuuuuch a weird partner exchange.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm not feeling the Waco vote at all, think Koalas is a better lynch than him, I'd also most certainly go Rubicon before Waco too.

Also thinking if we don't get a BoD claim from anyone inside the pool following it up with a mass-claim might be a decent idea because it means there's a decent chance mafia have already sheleved BoD as their unclaimed role meaning if they have KP they'll have to claim it.

19. Newcomb

Dovetailing into my re-read I'd say it would look good-ish for Rubicon. Dunno about Vaimes/Cobalt.

Pretty sure Jan would have been on Delphine overnight as the BoD given his strong read on her, can't see him going down without firing.

And if it wasn't obvious, I'm not the BoD.

---------- Post automerged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I'm just going to blame Jan if Delphine's styling on us here :thumbs

---------- Post automerged at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Hnnn.

Have to say, I think that's a decent look.

That doesn't reeeeeally feel like a bus to me? Like, he saw Vira vote, went "hm my vote's not anywhere, I'll join that wagon," Vira goes "why," and that's his response.

It's like. If he were going to bus, he'd have just bussed initially? And if he were going to go "lol, wagons" he'd have just done that, instead of had an actually decent - in the sense that it's not over-explained - reason to vote there, that matched mine pretty well.

Someone check me on this?

20. KaiDASH

I think if Waco (and by extention, the Inq role) is scum then one or more of Rubicon, Vaimes or Cobalt have shown TMI in their response to me.