1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ok, we should get a wagon on Kalas going, force him to activate, then re-evaluate based on who he +lifed.

Vote Koalas

---------- Post automerged at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

And by that I mean ram that lynch down his throat unless he Nurses miner.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Plus, if he nurses himself, that's effectively a scumclaim, so we should just lynch him then have miner shoot him since we already know the flip.

Committing more than that would be a waste of resources since Miner will trigger after Kalas survives a kill attempt anyway, and we're interested in the flips of other people so it's better to kill them during the day.

Using Vaimes' Assassination shot asap is a valid reason to go down that path though, in which case we'd assassinate Kalas, lynch someone else then Miner would kill Kalas during the night.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Deadline is 10pm my time, I think. Guessing it's tomorrow night.

I should be around.

4. KaiDASH

Fonti can PT Hunter here as well, if you really want to confirm her role.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How would that confirm her role? Peeping Tom information gets told to her privately. What's stopping her from lying?

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The person I target sees that I target them.

7. KaiDASH

When PT observes a role, the role observed (if they are alive) knows that they are being watched by the player that is the PT.

8. Vira

High Score:
    That would work, then.

Also, vote count because I love you.

*~*~*Unofficial Vote Count*~*~*

Kalas (11) - Vira, Miner, Fontisian, Vaimes, Newcomb, Rubicon, Jarizok, Waco, Regfan, Cobalt, Fluff.
    Waco (2) - Kalas, KaiDASH.
    Fonti (1) - Fable.

Not Voting (2) - Atum, Delphine.

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Calling fonti/Kai team.

The way those two are aligning is 100% what I'd expect from them.

10. Vira

High Score:
    How so?

/10chars

11. Rubicon

Aligning and working together as a block is optimal witch strategy.

Neither of them have good reasons for town reading the other, yet they keep doing so (even when Kai does his fake claim).

The post above where fonti talks about how she wishes we were more like Kai is a good example and what made me post that. I fee like that post is accomplishing a lot in w/w worlds.

It plays to what the usual DLP crowd likes to consider unaligned, lets her position him as a town read in a way that's hard to push back against.

And it is weird since the sentiment is so unusual as she says.

The other possibility is her trying to pocket him, which I might believe if he wasn't so independently sketchy.

---------- Post automerged at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Oh and this. I missed this before.

That is never an actual Acolyte crumb. Never. The correct town response is "you misread, I just though jarizok might be town when I said that."

Trying to pass it off as a crumb gambit is a lie.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh Rubicon, I'm taking the almost radio silence from Koalas outside of refusing to vest Delphine and the lack of activation on Miner recently as pretty strong indicator that he's just mafia here. I also have a few things I've noted that points against Fonti/Koalas being W/W here so I think there's a very reasonable chance she's just town. We can talk more about this tomorrow though.

---------- Post automerged at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Suffice it to say though that I can follow some of the logic behind the possibility of Fontisian/Kai being partners and was something that did cross my mind upon reading #1456 by Kai but I'm leaning towards them both potentially being town here so meh? And for the "Fontisian Acolyte crumb to Jarizok" thing, I find it more understandable? I mean, say you're attempting to soft to get X shot but then later on you think there's a chance X might be mafia with Y, you're kind of going to mention that despite it ruining your earlier plan.

13. Rubicon

I'm not saying her explanation is too risky to be town. I'm saying the post doesn't make sense as an Acolyte claim. It isn't one, so pretending it is now looks bad. It's the lies people tell trying to cover up their crimes that get them caught.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It's not an acolyte claim so much as a "weird soft that'll might make the witches freak out." Doesn't hurt anything to do them, so why not?

15. Rubicon

It might make more sense if you realize fontisian has a common habit of asking people to stop tunneling people she thinks are town. The running joke "stop scum reading X" that she was doing for several games in a row, but also stuff like "I think you both are town. Can you look elsewhere?"

So when I read that post, it is clearly either her doing that or her pretending to do that. Acolyte crumb is not one of the options. "Weird soft" isn't either. I agree it was weird, but not like that.

16. KaiDASH

rubicon explain the inquisitor stuff re: me and fonti in a way that makes sense for us.

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

ebwop: given your view of the gamestate. (obviously)

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon - Here's Fontisians progression on her Jari read D1;

I think the progression is decent overall? I also think the two bolded posts in a row isn't unreasonable or impossible to be her attempting to soft something as town to throw scum off. I mean I get your explanation of "It's just weird and it'd be more believable if she just said she had a strong town read on him" but I don't think it's a strong indication of her being mafia here and like I said, I don't have Koalas/Fonti aligned and I'm pretty sure he's just mafia here so not really interested in her dying anytime soon.

18. Rubicon

I'm all right with you not agreeing reg, but I'm right anyway and other people here will probably see what I'm getting at.

Kai, the Inquisitor thing is simple enough. You coasted into allowing people to confirm you town for false reasons and then attempted to call me scum for noticing. Another great example of the lies people tell to cover up their crimes being worse than the crime. Since then you've tried to argue that there is no witch motivation in allowing people to confirm you as town, which doesn't warrant any response.

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Going to sleep now.

Would like to hear from other people about this though.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Regfan

Spin some wheels with me.

[Owner, Koalas, ___, ____, _____)

Let's assume it's a moderately easy game and fill in names from the following pool:

Rubicon
    Fontisian
    Waco
    KaiDASH
    Jarizok

Except.

Except you're kinda townreading Waco, Kai, and fonti. And I"m still not 100% sure where you stand on Jarizok.

So you're living in a world of owner, Koalas, and probably Rubicon.

Those last two names though.

For me, it's not super easy to fill in even if you grant me my personal PoE. I don't think Waco/Rubicon is a thing, like fill in the #3 slot behind Koalas with one of their names, but not /both/ I think? And Jarizok/Waco/Rubicon are just... almost never w/w here (I went into those 3 earlier, association-wise.)

Rubicon/fonti/Kai maaaaybe makes some sense given recent events, could potentially see this as the route that team would take in Owner/Koalas/them worlds, trying to set up a fonti/Kai vs. Rubicon dichotomy.

But aside from that, you pretty much are drawing from The Quartet of Atum/Cobalt/Vaimes/Vira for your last 1-2 slots, I'm thinking.

And Cobalt really doesn't make sense as a witch here FYPOV.

So maybe one of Vira/Vaimes/Atum after all?

I'm just kind of freewheeling here, I'm not sure where I'm going with it exactly. I think I'm partly trying to get into your head and partly cross off some worlds for myself.

Like, you agree that fonti/Vaimes is just never a thing here, right? For their early interaction alone.

If you think Vaimes could be mafia here, I think is what I'm getting at, who can he even be with? Not fonti, proooobaly not Kai for the way Kai keeps subtly trying to put him back on the table. FMPOV not you, for essentially the same reason only it's stronger.

Tell you what, I'll look at Vaimes and try to show you how I got to town on him, and you show me who's likely to be with Vaimes if he's a witch here.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Fair, I wouldn't mind others chiming in there too.

I've been casually rereading the thread and considering a bunch of different worlds in my head today at work and there's a few people that I felt decently about before that I'm...no longer confident in, like at all since they fit a few pretty logical scum worlds.

---------- Post automerged at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Haha, what a crosspost, I've only got ~25 minutes before I leave so I'll see what I can post in that time.