1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Well yes, I was trying to keep it objectively simple. The 'slap-fight' happened early on and led to everyone's reads on me revolving around their opinion of it (including Tom's supposedly) for a time

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    By the time post 500 rolled around, the first Acio wagon was starting to blossom into tiny baby buds... and Citrus was there, too.

Also I changed everyone's names to be their actual forum names, but I can't remember silvercrys' numbers.

kaiDASH (1): dichotomousCreator (#78)
    dichotomousCreator (1): his fluffiness (#139)
    dyachei (1): citrus (#309)
    newcomb (1): jarizok (#340)
    jarizok (2): newcomb (#6), beruru (#268)
    mallorean_thug (2): kaiDASH (#472), tom (#479)
    citrus (3): dyachei (#365), fable (#445), mallorean_thug (#452)
    tom (5): vaimes (#255), rubicon (#334), weiyaoli (#377), owner (#477), miner (#491)

Abstaining (1): silvercrys

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Welcome Newcomb!

Thoughts on KaiDASH?

---------- Post automerged at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

also

What is Machine?

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The Machine is an add-on for Google Sheets in which you put a post number with the voter and votee in and get votals out. There's supposed to be a way in which it always outputs coloured votals but it isn't documented, so... rip. You can also use it to get more than votals out, if you know how to use it.

---------- Post automerged at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

The Machine is also public on the CPI Forums, somewhere... there's like, a thread.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Neither

/10chars

---------- Post automerged at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I very slightly liked his appeal to me ("Newcomb got here just in time to save me"). Felt like as a witch there's maybe like, one extra line there? It felt casual in a slightly good way.

I also slightly liked his use of the word "almost" in the "Fable claimed for almost no reason" thing. If I squint I sort of infer that he has actual thoughts about that claim and it's not a surface level thing.

Effectively null though.

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
  7. Newcomb

Mal's catchup was bland, and the thing he said to me about not having the confidence to just realtime without reading the game felt kind of like he wasn't actually thinking about my alignment, and it thus didn't occur to him to float/fake the "paranoid villager" sounding thought that I'm actually a witch looking to give myself an excuse to flip my reads on a dime by "conveniently" actually reading the thread at some point.

Eh, let me clean that up: it pinged me that his first thing to me was so open/casual and not at all worried or seeming to be worried about what I was doing.

The posts I've read since I replaced in of his have also been generally overly-reasonable sounding.

Vote: Mal

8. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hey Newcomb , here's Tom's very first readwall:

Are your meta senses tingling? (Dya got nk'd, I am Acio)

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Honestly, this vote is kind of witchy, tbh. The votal here looks like this:
    (spoilers for me just making one big ass votal post)

dichotomousCreator (1): his fluffiness (#139)
    jarizok (2): newcomb (#6), beruru (#268)
    mallorean_thug (2): kaiDASH (#472), fable (#662)
    fable (2): tom (#565), mallorean_thug (#708)
    citrus (4): dyachei (#365), jarizok (#613), rubicon (#621), vaimes (#770)
    tom (4): weiyaoli (#377), owner (#477), miner (#491), dichotomousCreator (#785)

Abstaining (2): silvercrys, citrus

The Citrus Fever(tm) was just building up... then dC decides to go where everyone else used to be, when we already know that Dya was town and Rubi is 99% town.

hm.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I didn't want to make my computer sad by trying to find a two year old discord post.

10. Newcomb

I think reading tom for spew is iffy when he's modconfirmed mafia, and even more iffy when we're taking someone's word for it.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I have a fucking stupid question.

Is it possible that the scumteam sac'd Tom D1 for reasons? There aren't, like, dead roles, so...

The last hunt I played was either Full Moon Hunt where no member of the scumteam was allowed to die or that Polarity Hunt where I thought it would be a good idea to self-shot twice as a witch, I forget exact, like, timeframes... but idk what deadchat meta is like rn.

12. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Ok

You're correct. I didn't care about your alignment. I still don't care about your alignment. Its meaningless toDay.

I was just excited to have somebody to bounce ideas off of that was in a similar spot as far as game knowledge. I could even be the sempai and throw tidbits I found first at you.

But if you're going to be like that, I'm going to go back to reading the backlog.

13. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Oh, that vote was part of my protracted, ill-fated attempt to get scum to take an opportunity to bail off Citrus. I think I abandoned it a few posts later b/c I'd run out of GOOD targets for that and was settling for tom? Also Miner drawing too much attention to it...

14. Newcomb

Why is my alignment meaningless toDay?

15. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Demon gambit? Maybe they were expecting a Priest check on either tom or someone else and figured they could foil both? REALLY wanting dyachei dead so not wanting an angel to interfere? That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Jari's wavering defense of Tom in this post is making me lol.

---------- Post automerged at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

My favourite part of the speed reread so far is Fable only actually getting heat after he selfvotes and tells people to vote for him.

---------- Post automerged at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

This post is great.

This post is also great.

17. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I would say no.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I just finished vote counts up to EoD1. Juicy Votals Incoming.

Fun fact: Did you know that Tom voted Fable five times? That's one more time than he voted for me, which is also the second highest amount of votes one person has gotten from another person in this game. (A lot of people are tied for three votes at third.)

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm the bringer of smiles.

Hey Newcomb. Do you want to revive the DC lynch with me? He's totes scum for tom spew, which you just said you didn't trust. It's a pretty solid case though, if I do say so myself.

---------- Post automerged at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

Everyone, follow my lead!

Vote: DC

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I guess I technically got what I wanted? But everyone got the mindset all wrong.