1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean I don't really see what's the problem with voting people you think are scum as long as the person being voted you also think is scum.

By your logic if people never voted with people they thought were sum then bussing wouldn't exist.

---------- Post automerged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

they thought were scum*

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I said flag, not red flag. I'd want you to comment on why you think fable/mal is a bus and things of that nature, but it wouldn't necessarily make you scummier by itself.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Oh you differentiate between flags. Huh.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Hm.

Hey, dC. Do you think these Miner posts were a scumslip?

(I'm minding people's bags and the food table, and I'm bored. Phone posts will be attempted. Still can't finish machine thing because reading that spreadsheet is hell on my phone. Life finds a way.)

---------- Post automerged at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------
    Fable

Hi.

Where'd you go?

---------- Post automerged at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Oh, yeah.

When I get home, it'll have been about 24 hours, so I'm going to post the thing that I found.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm excited for the thing.

---------- Post automerged at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

idk how to tell The Machine that someone died and their vote doesn't exist anymore. Or are you supposed to have different sheets for different Day phases?

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Not until now! But I was trying to figure out how to phrase "this is a point of interest but not necessarily a bad one" and just using the word "flag" came to mind :V

(also I just realized you thought I thought you were voting mal b/c mal's vote is on Fable...was more you're

Assuming you mean these last two...

I mean, this is like
    he meant to say "what's the problem with voting WITH people you think are scum"
    but I'm not sure how that's a scumslip? I mean unless there's some weird Elder/LW thing like "as an elder voting someone you think is LW" but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me

So I think no? If there's a scumslip in there I'm missing it.

(btw it's not inherently bad but you generally need to be able to conclude the scum you're voting with is bussing the scum you're voting against. Otherwise it's like, they're not bussing so they're probably voting for town)

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The actual mechanical way is broken, so I've just been making everyone unvote with the day end post number and manually removing Tom and Dya from every votal and putting the other unvote people in the abstaining section.

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I count automerged posts as one post.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Is it later yet?

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    It's gonna be later rather than sooner on that. I've been, like, working on some things... not a lot of people checked in today, though. :(

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

So let me get this straight.

After posting some votals, you voted me. You justified the vote with these votals. When prompted on your reasoning, you said "later". With less than 24 hours left in the Day, you are once again delaying on giving any reasoning for having your vote on one of the leading wagons for the Day? So what's your plan from here, that hopefully I get mislynched and then toMorrow when the undertaker reveals I'm town you backtrack? Oh wait, no need to backtrack - you wouldn't have posted any reasoning to even be wrong about. How convenient!

And then when I call you out on this, after spending most of your time posting votals and prodding people for activity, you claim your grand reason for delaying on the reason...is because you're disappointed with the lack of activity from other players?!?!?!

Shame. Shame. Shame.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Citrus, you don't understand... that my read of you doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's reliant on other people, and their reads on different other people.

When you have a bunch of people you're pretty sure are town, cranking out the final firms is hard af.

It's okay, though. I'll probably be moving my vote off you sometime in the next six hours, and it'll (hopefully) stay where it's going to be. Chill. I know you know how I play this game, and you know I know you've read my games. There isn't really any need to be... like this about that.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm here I just don't have much to do since I'm set on the next two lynches already.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Any thoughts on the last page? You aren't going to post at all about other things?

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Silver's gone up in my reads a bit otherwise not much has changed.

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    What is your opinion of Miner? I forgot.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You'll have to find some way to contribute in the meantime, since one of those lynches isn't gonna happen.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Could you expand on this? Or link to the post where you've done so?

I don't really think there's anything more I can do about Citrus right now outside of things I really don't want to do (like a complete post by post, or harassing everyone in the game to justify themselves regarding him) so I'm going to poke Mal and Newcomb.

I figure you were taking the piss* when you said your (Cobalts) vote on Jarizok was a 'me thing to do'. Has your read on Jarizok advanced at all since then? Would it still be a you thing to do to vote him now?

(Translators note: Taking the piss is Australian for 'appear serious but actually is not')

How serious are you about Mal exactly? I can see you're a sort of on the fence about him for a few reasons. My view of Mal as a player is that he's heavily biased towards analysis type play, rather than gut/instinct type play so his coming into the thread was pretty much exactly what I expected.

How much of your reaction to Mal was because you hate people disregarding your alignment the way that he did?

Anything notable about the D2 wagon progression (post #2250)?

Mal, have you read the end of day 1 at this point? If so, what do you make of how it went down? I'm extra interested in beruru, DC and fluff, but anyone else you think is worthy of comment is fine too.

==

The way day 2 has fizzled out might indicate that all the witches are happy with how the day is going.... that's uh. Pretty problematic since it'd mean both Citrus and mal are town? Any thoughts? If this is true then I want to lynch completely outside them today.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Lock village IMO.

Yeah I'm perfectly aware people will need some convincing to lynch you but your lynch isn't today so that can wait.

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Is this read because of meta, or because of content? Both?

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This is really funny for reasons I'll explain later.