1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Kai posted that he thought it was an illusion kill.

Glad to see you're still awake.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

SWEET ITS REVEAL TIME

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I wasn't supposed to be but I kept turning the internet back on

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Wait no did I read this completely wrong. Ack.

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Is this Dersehunt?

Oh boy.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I am so confused

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

"Additionally, Angels may only protect a Haunted player if there are more Angels than Demons."

Ok I am super sorry, I 100% thought this said Angels may only protect if there are more Angels than Demons, aka Mallorean is conf!town because that's the only way Rubicon could get protection last Night.

If Rubicon was haunted, then the above is true.

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

I thought witches had done a sub-optimal play because they accidentally town-firmed Mallorean by bouncing the first kill on Rubicon, but I totally misread the rule so yeah

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

... Derpclear accepted?

maybe?

But anyways, I probably agree with Kai's theory more.

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I mean, I think it's pretty likely they haunted Rubicon?

The problem is the other possibility is an illusion kill on Rubicon to make us think Mal was town. Not sure how many levels you want to go into this though.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No real point in haunting Rubicon.

He was town enough that a redcheck wouldn't have mattered, and his role was known so there's no need to mess with Angels.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

In any case my 2 issues on Newcomb were that:

1) Calling for spiritualist usage on Mallorean was not pro-town and I would not expect town!newcomb to call for it

&&

2) He had a weird defense of Owner saying he thought her D2 end was Town. I 100% disagree -> she got CFD'd and stopped posting for a gap of time, and then suddenly dumped her reads. That smelled a lot like "oh shit I'm getting wagon'd and I need to do something productive" and I am pretty damn sure Newcomb's read should have been closer to mine on hers for that. Which means it was a false defense.

My money said he's EW and thinks she's a LW (because hard-defending a fellow EW is way too much of a power!wolf move with 1 EW already dead)

---------- Post automerged at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Yeah ok he was definitely not haunted then.

Also keep in mind Angels did not get to see N1 actions (as dyachei wasn't dead yet), so they only discovered roles that had night actions as of last Night

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Oh yeah true. Forgot about role kill basically cancelling out angels.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Citrus

In your experience, does scum!cobalt feel more or less motivated than town!cobalt?

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I /think/ less during the beginning of a game, but then he revs up a lot later on. But that's been how he's played lately in general (or instead of revving up he just putters out like he did here and got replaced). Gun to my head, I'd assign his lack of motivation this game as a slight lean-scum-tell

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hang on, isn't dumping your reads when you get wagoned standard town procedure so they can be used after you die?

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The Rubicon was a strange kill, because it's a 100% avoiding a holy hunt (or role-hunt of any kind) due to the kill being aimed at the GD.

Either they were scared of the clear!Rubicon, or were scared of his reads, since he wasn't going to give results on Mallorean. Especially as angels wouldn't have much info to go off of for who to protect.

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

It is, but I kept pinging her over and over for reads and she kept making filler posts with no seeming intention of posting the reads. Then she disappears when she gets CFD'd rather than posting any reaction whatsoever (it's much harder to genuinely react as scum). Then once the CFD dissipated she posted the read-wall that she had. It felt more like a panic-read-wall than a reads-dump-before-Night to me

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Shit I really need to go to bed, I'll be back tmrw

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

Is it possible that dyachei was UT?

Like I'm going back into posts an trying I see if any dead people crumbed anything.

16. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I mean, just to have it all out, we're in one of the following worlds:

scum!Mal world, where they used the IK + Haunted Rubicon + Normal killed Rubicon to "double kill" him and make it look like Mal was town,

or

town!Mal world, where they used the role kill + normal kill to kill Rubicon through an Angel protect.

or

town!Mal world where they used the IK+Normal kill on Rubicon for some reason and Rubicon wasn't an angel target. Seems kind of unlikely since it's just a waste of the IK? /wine.

is that right?

So, the question is, do we care to know which one they used?

Also, if Mal is scum, the UT probably is too since they (1) didn't claim and (2) could wreck the whole IK gambit. Unless dya was the UT and they knew that somehow.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yeah.

That's my thoughts, too.

There is, of course, Illusion Kill wine if Mal was scum... which Mal would have to prearrange in scum chat before his death. Judging by his EoD posts, that is likely enough. Wolfy pop-in, wolfy pop-out, pop goes the weasel. Etc.

But, also...

Dya/Mal Angels could have protected Rubicon even if solo Tom haunted Rubi. Sure, they can never protect Rubi again, but if Rubi eats oblit, none of that matters... ? Especially if the other Haunt target was someone they're going to want to protect later.

Plus, it's a big ass signal to town that Mal is also town when the identity of the UT may be suspicious. Like, HI! WE ARE ABLE TO PROTECT. YOLO.

Regardless, really bad Illusion Kill unless Elders had both Spiritualist and UT, though.

(Spiritualist shouldn't reveal unless something really weird happens if they're town, btw.)

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Elders could also possibly know that UT doesn't exist in the setup - would make more sense than knowing diachei was UT

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Possible, sure. First WH I played I spent the whole thing trying to bait a priest check and it turned out the priest bit it N1.

Don't think anything actively points to it other than maybe dya keeping quiet? idk dya's meta though.

---------- Post automerged at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

This is a good point (essentially equivalent to knowing the UT is scum except we can't flush them with a massclaim...except we can't do that anyway b/c they have their extra role to claim instead of UT)

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Discarding UT is really bad unless the rest of the roles are better than being able to mislead town... but "having UT" includes them discarding UT.

---------- Post automerged at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

I think UT is going to out soon, anyway. We can keep talking about this before they do, though. It's fun.