1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I know we said earlier that Spiritualist on Jari isn't helpful because he was a witch, but learning what type of witch he was is actually super important, I think.

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

If PT also has that info, that would be great. I guess.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I acknowledge this post, and want to wait for an answer for fluffiness first, much appreciated

@his_fluffiness

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Well, priest has two possible red checks before halftime, and his greenchecks are super unreliable till halftime. So if Priest claims, it should be after halftime, when the only thing that messes with his checks is the haunt, and not the Littles. Or if he's about to be lynched.

You had language like "i don't mind lynching Jari, but I don't think he's scum. We should lynch Fable instead" (post3576)
    Not impressed by your D2 either.
    Hopefully scum of some kind.

Hmm. This was your last post of the day.

After that you have not had a single post about either. Also, nice qualms on dC.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

??? I'm incredibly confused by the first paragraph. Am I not understanding halftime mechanics? Why up to 2 redchecks? Why are greenchecks unreliable? Are checks different on little witches?

You think we've hit all scum so far this game then? Sure doesn't feel like that to me. And yes I stick by that statement, what pinged him more as scum (for me and everyone else) was him tapping out after saying he wouldn't claim.

Yes, that is pulling it out of context. Apart from that post, mid D2 through everything up to that post shows the development I specified. In fact what I said would be 100% true outside of that post

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I'm not going to answer the last part of that post because I don't want to right now

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure my plan is the correct course of action, now.

If it isn't, then this game literally makes no sense. Like. It can't.

(This is The Plan, not "spiritualist pls".)

We should talk about Spiritualist/PT first, though. Maybe?

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Elder Witch - Elder Witches start in the Coven.

Little Witch - Little Witches do not start in the Coven and do not know the identities of the Elder Witches. They may chat at all times, and their goal is to be successfully recruited at Halftime by the Elder Witches so they can join the Coven.

Priest [HOLY] - Each night, you may check if a player is in the Witch Coven.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Well this is awkward.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That is certainly a point that should have been discussed.

Are LWs essentially godfathers?

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Yes, which is why I said I was against requesting a Priest claim. If they had a red check, they probably would have stepped forward already.

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

So you didn't actually read my post? Why was fluff questioned on this and not me?

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, basically.

... well, they're not REAL witches unless or until they join the coven, right? They don't have KP, don't know shit, just kind of nap in the grass and contribute to the Last Stand total.

I guess it makes sense from a flavour standpoint...

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Well that sucks.

Priest uh. Is essentially just self-clearing? Red check's probably good, green check means balls.

I'd think Priest should out soon-ish since, like. At some point enough people will be dead where a straight claim and lack of CC isn't a clear, yeah?

---------- Post automerged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Ehh, I guess if you're the Priest and not being run up and don't have a red check there's not a suuuuper big amount of utility in claiming?

Kinda unsure; go with your best judgement.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I think when I got to the "Acolyte + Priest are duo" part my eyes glazed over due to thinking you were on a bad logic stream/I disagreed, and I seem to have totally missed the following sentence. I see it now and I'm continuing to ???

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

But they auto become coven when big witches are all dead regardless of halftime.

This is kinda dumb. It's almost better in some regards to NOT have them recruited which is ???

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Aight, my valuation is now shit and I need to re-evaluate

13. Newcomb

Thinking about this setup as it stands currently and GD/UT are actually probably the strongest roles in the game? Not that it matters at this point but I can see why Rubicon was shot N1. When you already have a multiball type situation the lack of hard information is pretty crippling.

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

N2 whatever, N1 from my PoV

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Also major issue with 'half-time'

The game doesn't end with 0 players, it ends in a late-game scenario with 3-4 alive. Where half the players are still alive is at about 8, that's actually a pretty dangerous number to hit. Let alone the extra kills that occur with half-time.

I'm a little concerned about waiting all the way til then and pausing on all claims etc. until that point is reached.

On the other hand, did not realize priest checks were this shitty/nerfed. Also there's a decent chance some of their checks were further useless (ex: checked Owner/Newcomb before they claimed, etc.)

Whatdo

---------- Post automerged at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

First night his role was known he was shot so basically N1

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The Beru Plan is a binary choice.

After I post the plan, people will only post one of two things until everyone alive has chosen one of the options.

Do you wish to proceed? Y/N

16. Newcomb

Your role must be pretty sweet to have that kind of power to impose post restrictions. Lucky dog.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I don't understand what other roles you think are useful to claim apart from the ones we are already considering (PT/Spiritualist)?

Bishop will never claim until after HT. Priest, maybe? Also Hauntings gets better and better as number of players decrease, so even when LW join coven, there's more and more wine around checks.

---------- Post automerged at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Go ahead and propose the plan. We should either do this now (as early as possible), or never because we'll be wasting time otherwise.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Because part of the use of holy roles is their town-firmability. Which gets harder to ensure as the game goes later on.

It also delays mass-claim, which widens the pool of roles scum can fake-claim

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Well, this sort of thing happens in games all the time...

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Just post it already Beruru please