1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote: Citrus

2. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    What are you even asking nerd

---------- Post automerged at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Incidentally dumpstering rubicon would not make me sad at this juncture.

3. Rubicon

That's not good to hear Acio. Why do you say that?

Also, please explain the DC vote, I am not feeling it at all.

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Look at the votal friend. Tom and Citrus are the wagons right now. If you had the deciding vote at this point, which one would you vote?

---------- Post automerged at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

And yeah, dumpstering Rubi is a very bad idea.

5. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Neither. I like Tom and I don't like anyone on citrus other than dyachei.

Explain?

Question: Have you played with Tom before?

I /know/ DC and can taste the sin in him.

Also the post I quoted is bad, Miner's very probably town, DC's comment on me at the end is very much in his meta for trying to sidestep fighting me when he's scum and his tom commentary is pointless.

WRT tom stuff it especially stands out for not being a town mindset because he's rambling on without reaching a conclusion and then saying he'll look back for other people's opinions. If he needs to work out tom with other people's input then asking is the way to go there; it doesn't indicate to me he really cares and just wants to fill space.

Owner hit the nail on the head earlier in game wrt him being stiff; DC historically is not flexible in WH and I've nailed him in the past for acting pretty much how he has in this game (right down to mechanicstalk that is even more unnecessary than the last time he flubbed it.)

6. Rubicon

I've played with Tom 3-4 times.

I've given DC a slight pass on his waffling because of what he wrote about losing a recent game due to confirmation bias.

7. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:

That's what I though.

I've observed Tom's games before and his playstyle is /loathsome/. Attacking citrus for not sticking his dick into that mess day one feels super opportunistic.

8. Rubicon

These posts.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Well, that's an unfortunate votal. I guess I'll take it as a lesson that even though in principle I don't believe in trying to appear town as town, in reality unless there's someone around who can meta read me solidly it's pretty necessary as far as D1 goes

---------- Post automerged at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Wei, why are you voting me again?

10. Jarizok

Screw who's on Citrus. Do you like Citrus? Hint, you shouldn't because he's scum. But good to know you like tom.

Rubicon is town for doing townie things in a townie way:

-His reaction to Vaimes' claim
    -The way he's poking at people, not just to poke, but with intention showing.
    -His reads being consistent with what can be gathered from his posts, and decently aligning with mine. (That last bit probably won't sway you, but I'd be lieing if I didn't mention it's a consideration for me)
    -Tone

---------- Post automerged at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Tom's playstyle is great! His reads are a bit meh, but he's a hoot!

---------- Post automerged at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Really Citrus, you think anyone at all would be meta clearing you right now? Who's this mysterious someone that would've totes cleared you for your play so far?

11. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:

Self expressed motivations are worthless and DC is hardly an incapable player on that front.

12. Rubicon

That is not why I think Citrus is scummy.

13. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Elaborate.

14. Jarizok

Guys, i made the greatest of post just a bit ago, with a pretty wall and everything.

It would please me if you would look at it and say baaah.

---------- Post automerged at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

I'd have to quote things and all. I'll get to it tomorrow when I've got a pc. Remind me if I fuggetaboutit though.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

No, I'm saying I'm wondering why this game is so different from my prior games here when I was town and approaching the game similarly, and coming to the conclusion that perhaps the difference is someone recognizing me as town for it and advocating as such. Or it could be for a difference reason, what do I know

16. Rubicon

Stop whining and go do something town?

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Initial impression: I don't agree with some of your reads, and I have trouble following your reasoning, but that was also true in the game where you were town. So you can be town.

Do you not feel like owner has dropped off a bit?

17. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Ey citrus you saw my comment on Fable a few posts back? Opinion on that?

---------- Post automerged at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Rubicon do you have any reason to townread DC that isn't his own motivational story?

18. Jarizok

Did Owner post more at first and less now? Yes. I just don't think that's scummie. She'll post when she posts, and if what she posts is townie, I'm fine with her.

My post wasn't focused on reasoning things out for you guys, but rather to share my thoughts ad I gather them, so you not getting all of that is fine. Any other reads you'd like me to expand upon? Did you have a full list somewhere that I could compare with?

---------- Post automerged at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Ad=as

Surprised there's not more typos in my posts so far. Go me.

19. Rubicon

My initial reason was that I liked his frustrated outburst about people being cagey and not answering questions. It felt pretty genuine. Aside from that, the progression of his reasoning in all his wallposts has seemed... reasonable? That's about it.

In the absence of any meta knowledge of how DC plays as a witch, I've just been asking myself whether his play is consistent with his "motivational story," and so far it has been.

However I do have a natural tendency toward being pocketed by people who declare a hard townread on me, and he pinged me a couple times early on. So I'll be interested to see how he responds to what you're saying.

20. Jarizok

I just made a post about how town you are and will make another one with quotes and things tomorrow.

We're friends, right?