1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I was going to argue the Owner point, but rereading DC just now made me realize her #231 was less than 24 hours ago so never mind.

What did you like about Cobalt's opening? Something about his joke about voting you?

I also had the thought "Kai might be town for ~reasons~," but I feel like our reasons are probably different. Eh.

Why do you think Miner is town? I lean town there, but it's not as strong as I would like.

I haven't looked at Fable yet, probably should.

---------- Post automerged at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

This should probably make me nervous, but yes, I feel pretty strongly that you are town and I don't believe it's due to being pocketed. You're playing the same as you did in Marketplace Mafia.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Baah.

I disagree with many of your reads though.

3. Rubicon

Which ones?

---------- Post automerged at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I actually like this post. Disagree with the conclusion about Citrus, but it might be town reasoning. Maybe.

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

With both Cobalt and Miner, there's a certain quality their posts have when they're town. Pure/genuine or my gut, whatever you want to call it.

The cobalt read is not very strong yet for obvious reasons, but those initial posts had IT. The IT that was missing last game and there in the championship game.

The Miner read is strong, because he's just really townie. There's just the right amount of doubt vs bravado vs fluff, none of it forced. Interactions are good, tone is good. Dunno what more you could want.

There's some towniness showing in some of Kai's more recent posts if you look at them in the right ligt without reasons, but nothing too solid.

Did you have that list? Do I have to iso you for it? I'm to lazy for this...

---------- Post automerged at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Is one of them you being scum?

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Yes.
    Also disagree on Cobalt being town, on DC being town, on Kai being town, on tom being town.

6. Jarizok

I'm hoping that I stop responding soon. It would mean that I've fallen asleep. It probably wont happen though, because it's 30 degrees with a humidity of over 9000.

---------- Post automerged at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Hmmm.

Are you sure it's the players? Cos it sounds to me like you're just anti-town.

---------- Post automerged at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

Fluffy is Wobbuffet, calling it now!

---------- Post automerged at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

It just came to me. It's a perfect fit.

7. Rubicon

Did you read miner correctly in that last game where he was scum?

I don't usually post lists until I have a stronger grasp on the game, but right now it would be something like:

Town

dyachei
    Jarizok for not playing like WH8
    Owner for not playing like WH8
    Miner because fonti told me he is less ballsy in back-to-back scum games and that seems like it applies here
    Wei because the progresion of his reasoning has seemed okay

"Town? Or am I being stupid?"

his fluffiness for gut, basically
    dichotomousCreator?

Null

Fable because I haven't read any of his posts yet
    Acionyx because he just started interacting with people and I need to see more
    Cobalt because he hasn't said anything
    jwlk because he hasn't said anything
    KaiDASH because he has said okay things but I just don't trust him

Scummy -> scum

Beruru for gut
    Tom for not having any well-reasoned scumreads
    Vaimes for being a little witch
    Citrus for reasons stated

I don't think I'll be able to townread Tom on the basis of his townreads, because of the way he white-knighted a lot of people in his recent scum game.

8. Jarizok

I'll have you know that I'm 100% on reading Miner in... 5 games. I was also scum twice, once with and once against him, but there's no reading involved in those games. (I did townread Miner both times though, so we're basically golden here.)

---------- Post automerged at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

I'll state for the record that Miner had me fooled for the first half of D1 in Tinyhunt, but I came around.

---------- Post automerged at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

Well, on the golden bit, I guess technically we could be scum together again from that sampling, so maybe a really pure silver.

---------- Post automerged at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Anyways, switch Vaimes and Fluff around and drop the scumread on tom and I'll buy that list from you asking price, no haggling necessary.

---------- Post automerged at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

Wait! I'm not actually sure if I townread Miner in HPmafia when we were scum together. He certainly didn't townread me... It' spossible I bussed him. Not actually relevant, but for full disclosure.

On that note, I'm not completely 100% on how much I townread Miner in SVM and whether he actually was town, but I think so.

---------- Post automerged at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

Yes, I'm bored and trying to sleep. Sue me.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I disagree with a full half of your scumreads, and somewhat less than half of your townreads.

And apparently disagreeing with you is being anti-town? That's new.

10. Jarizok

The joke --------->

Your head: ^.^

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Just so you know dC, miner is never a wolf when he's posted this much so if you could get your vote of the obv villager that would be great. TIA
    Vaimes

If I didn't think tom was a wolf I would accuse you of lolcatting so instead I'm just going to ask you wtf you're doing.

Rubicon posts continue to be solid so that's neat.

Jari can be a villager for 613.
    Acionyx

Yeah my read on you isn't complicated you were obv villager last game and you're lacking this game. Doesn't take a dozen games worth of meta to see that, also your dC vote is bad so you're not helping yourself there.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lolololol Fable taking swipes at my activity because of last game.

I like Rubicon even more, and fluff I'm willing to move a little bit up, although not to the extent of actually lean town. At any rate I don't think he's the lynch today.

Citrus, I believe your exact words to me all the way back in Hp mafia was that you thrived off live posting and activity in the thread, and that is how you normally make yourself townread. Since you are not doing that, I'm forced to conclude you're a witch.

I kinda still wanna lynch tom though, if only to banish the demons of the past <_<

Also wtf fonti why you say that about me? ._.

---------- Post automerged at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

oh also fable, as much as it pains me to admit, Vaimes does do that villagers popin thing as town.

I'm still not sold that he's just trying to mimic his town game (Rubicon made a really good Vaimes case), but shrug.

13. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Reminder to follks: Fable was scum last game who knew I had a confirmable role he did not ever genuinely read me.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Also I wouldn't get out your pitchforks for cobalt yet, iirc he didn't do anything in WH8 until d2.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

... He doesn't have to read you ingame to be able to say that. All he has to do I compare this game with the last one.

I really think Acio's different. Would recommend lynching tomorrow, given thes current state of the wagons.

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Is rubicon possibly not scum this game?

I'm not sure I can take this level of bastard modding.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You're only half right, I didn't need to read you but still try to in a way for the fake of having genuine looking progressions. Your play was much better in that game than it has been here so far.

18. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    To clarify: Fable is acting around me in a meta sense in a way that does not line up with a town player. We did not interact in that game in a basic sense or meta (alignment) sense in a way that he should have excused me earlier.

It tells me that he was more interested earlier in filling space without doing anything wrt me and/or there's someone who knows my meta (beruru/kai/DC) telling him how to sidestep.

Also:

Too conciliatory.

Yeah he does. I was not a strong "wait and see" player in RWBY, I was ridiculously passive and unfocused. The literal only person in that game who had any business townreading me was Reg.

---------- Post automerged at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Fable did not have genuine thought progressions of me in RWBY. He cited me giving my stance on not answering/asking people's personal motives as "too ballsy" and then I got confirmed town.

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Okay so this is just Acio reaching for a wolf read now. Like Acio I hadn't played with most of the players in WH8 and I was still able to get meta reads on most of them by looking at past games, with you I had the benefit of already being in a game with you even if we were different alignments. You're basically howling rn.

20. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Then vote me.