1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

From all the games that I remember you in, you loved posting a lot and you were generally a strong town player who was difficult to mislynch due to both your activity and your capability of discerning scum among the folks trying to mislynch you.

I didn't know you were super busy for this game, but even so the way you have played doesn't really remind me of your old games. That's why I asked you about whether or not your meta was valid. Since it appears the answer is yes, I'm at a loss as to how your play resembles your town game.

2. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    That they think everyone is way off base, maybe?

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

beruru, you are confusing me on several levels.
    Might just be a playstyle difference.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

...I never realized they have forum mafia over here and am definitely going to check it out at some point if I find the time

---------- Post automerged at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------
    Rubicon

Why don't you engage with me and see where things go? Because I am 100% town and it's not possible for your reasons to be correct when the conclusion is 100% wrong. Ask me whatever you want, such as my thoughts behind any of my posts etc.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lol ok I feel a little better about Citrus now.

6. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Are you a member?

Pre-vet runs regular games but the best games are in the lounge. They don't run as often.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm not as confident on that as you seem to be, but I'm definitely above 50% on that right now. If you're gonna be around for the next little while I'm going to stare at the current votal for a bit (I do have to sleep soon unfortunately)

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yo Acio, give an opinion on this.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hmm, I don't remember Acio's play too well but from what I remember I think I buy this a lot actually

If you mean finish as in make it to endgame, I don't think he has as scum (that I can recall). He could definitely have been lynched as scum earlier on in the game (rather than being replaced) if that's what you meant

10. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    How many people are familiar with beru?

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not exactly sure where my confidence is coming from.

12. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Worrying actually. I can see beru still having that opinion of my play after two years but it's a huge oversimplification.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't expect to have to draw town content out of you with questions. My decision about whether to continue voting you will be based on what you do independently to catch and lynch witches. So far, very little.

---------- Post automerged at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Also pretty sure you ignored an entire wall post I wrote to you.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hm, that is a pretty strong meta read. If he were scum in that game then his teammates could have also fed him that meta-read at that time? Or do you mean you were scummates together?

Nothing in particular, I think. Maybe Fluffiness (esp as he has a lower # of short posts), and what you think of Kai thus far since he's been a lot more active than I would've expected for D1 - I'm feeling good about Fluffiness personally thus far, but haven't paid much attention to Kai thus far and don't really have formed thoughts on him

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hrrm.
    Opinion on Beru overall?

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

lynch: beru

Let's see where this goes while I take a nap.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I did indeed - sometimes I'm pretty sure I enjoy mafia games more for the shenanigans and such then actually winning. I also haven't played for half a year (with that break being forced due to busy-ness and my return for this game a test to see whether it's possible for me when my new life schedule is lighter). I'm still a bit sour the game didn't start Sunday as I had some more time then (and could have stayed current with the game for its beginnings).

I'm a bit confused, because I said that's what I use to appear town. Which is something I have to do as scum (because being not town I at some level have to fake appearing town). At least historically I'm pretty good at appearing town and keeping up with the game (as you saw in that game, when I was scum with you, and the game worked out extremely well for us + Jarizok). So why does that lead you to think this game thus far doesn't resemble my 'town game' as you say it? Bearing in mind it's also mid-D1 and we're not even 25% into the game yet

18. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    It's less about reading and more about the harder forms of evidence (e.g. you abandoning/marginalizing certain wagon options in favour of others). Applicable to everyone, of course, but as a scumread who's actually here and doing things and not a current wagon target you were easily the most interesting potential case study.

Anyway. You hopping onto me would ruin it because your motive for that as both alignments is too obvious (so I can't e.g. conclude you're taking the opportunity to move off a buddy since town!Miner abandoning a correct scumread to lynch me seems actually pretty likely). Getting a move/not move on fluff would have been nice, but no-one else joining the wagon means it wasn't really a credible enough possibility.

However, the fact you appear to have no cognizance of the possibility I'm looking to see how you move your vote around indicates a more town mindset (as you're more interested in trying to puzzle out my behaviour than looking at me as a possible threat to you). So I don't think it was a complete wash.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Not a posting member, but I frequented back in the day when I was applying to med school. Definitely would like to see what a game would be like over there at some point now that I know they exist haha

20. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    EBWOP: rofl

okay

I'm definitely going to need to reread before I can make any sense of that one.