1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Nullish maybe lean scum? Idk the description of my scumgame is basically an old meme and makes her assessment of me feel really lazy.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I've played a number of times with her before

As in I'm trying to be very careful not to be accidentally be pocketed by you for town-reading me, because you are 100% capable of pulling that off on me

---------- Post automerged at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

I'm saying it will to some degree help you realize that I'm town, I'm not going to sit on my hands and refuse to post unless you ask me questions or something. Feel free to do whatever the hell you want with your vote

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Important Question: Is it an inaccurate meme, in your opinion?

(Anyone with familiarity with a recent scumgame from Acio, would be great if you could answer this too)

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Citrus
    ---
    ---
    His Fluffiness
    Rubicon
    Tom, Miner, dyachei
    Acionyx
    ---
    Jarizok, dC
    NULL: kaiDASH, beruru
    Fable, weiyaoli
    Vaimes
    ---
    ---
    SCUM

Null (no read): Owner
    Not Present: Cobalt, jwlk

Roughly where I'm gut-sitting right now

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    If you pm me here or there with your username there, I can tag you for the next game.

I tend to not play there anymore. My name username is the same on both sites.

Can you describe beru's play as both alignments?

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Current Vote Count (updated from Tom's):

Citrus [5]: Wei, Dyachei, Jari, Rubicon, Vaimes
    Tom [4]: Owner, DC, Fluff, kai
    Jari [2]: Cobalt, Beru.
    Acio [1]: Fable.
    Fable [1]: Acio.
    Weiy [1]: tom
    Beruru [1]: Miner

Not Voting [2]: Jwlk, Citrus.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Weiy/DC/Beru///Fable/Acio

Tell me that doesn't make sense.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

He was scum in WH8-1 on fantasystrike and won.

I don't think that game was actually representative of anything (being dual role love and war) but at the least beru isn't actually correct here, even if it is funny.

By the numbers he's probably played scum in at least one fanasystrike game after WH8, but I'm not exactly sure which or when (or if it actually happened).

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'd have to try and find my account over there, but may do so after this game ends! (definitely cannot afford to play multiple games in a row right now and would rather avoid the temptation)

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

You don't think Acio and Fable are unaligned, considering Acionyx calling Fable out for meta-reading him strangely? That feels...like a weird thing for w/w to fake

---------- Post automerged at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Whoops forgot to answer the second part dyachei:

I honestly don't remember her play too well, it's been over a year ago. I /think/ she posted less as scum than town. But she's not a crazy prolific player as either alignment (like usually wouldn't be in the top 3 or 4 of posters in games). Maybe noticeably a little more reactive/twitchy under pressure? That's as much as I can remember tbh, it's been awhile

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------
    Rubicon
    You haven't played as scum recently, correct (like the past 3/4 - 1 years)? Or if you have what game(s) were you if you remember?

10. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Any scumgames where it'd be accurate would date back to MSPA (4-6 years ago if ever).

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote: Weiyaoli

Heading to bed, unless someone pings me

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean, maybe not. But it does kind of remind me of symp signalling from Westeros games. Like if I had a list of 4 names with two little witches and saw that...
    I feel like I'd get it.

---------- Post automerged at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Oh god I'm letting the worst part of Westeros leak into my play.
    Fuck symphunting.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Symp? /10char

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Interesting point, I think the only commentary on Acio that hasn't been "ACIO IS SCUM" so far has been:
    - Beru's townread
    - My leave it and see
    - Fable's leave it and see

and I think Acio has shot all of these down as scummy at one point or another? Like, it's almost like his play is literally "scumread anyone who townreads him".

I have no idea what this means. I don't think Acio falls victim to "no you idiots I'm scum how can you not read that", but beyond that it's like

the exact opposite of a self-preservation playstyle? I guess that makes it towny, but it's kind of weird no matter what the alignment is (just, for town it's weird and for scum it's weird AND counterproductive)
    Citrus, did I just miss your previous commentary on weiyaoli or is that an unexplained vote at this stage?

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    They usually have sympathizers.
    Aka flips town, scum don't know who he is, but he knows the scumteam.
    Similar to traitor I think.

Leading to constant hunting for symp clues and such and never fucking finding them.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

tom thoughts?

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Kinda didn't explain explicitly, it's a combo of A) Not feeling the other wagons right now B) He hasn't responded to a question from me yet (although I think he mentioned having a headache at some point? so idk) C) there was a quote where he said he felt good about me but has a vote on me D) placed a vote early on and hasn't done anything with his vote since (especially with C + the place he originally placed his vote developed a large wagon)

---------- Post automerged at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

dichotomousCreator per C

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Activity log 1:

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 896
    User Name Posts
    Miner 140
    tom 97
    dyachei 79
    dichotomousCreator 74
    Rubicon 66
    Fable 64
    owner 64
    Vaimes 60
    KaiDASH 53
    Jarizok 51
    Citrus 48
    Acionyx 29
    his fluffiness 28
    Beruru 18
    weiyaoli 15
    Cobalt 4

Is Cobalt VLA or does he need a prod? Also the jwlk slot hasn't posted period? Jan

17. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Mm. If he's scum and you're town though, I would expect him to take opportunities to abandon the wagon after starting it, esp. if he's leaving his position open (and if you're both scum then ok fine lolbus don't care who dies first)

That's kinda weak though, since owning the town lynch as a Yomi 1 play (i.e. "scum wouldn't own a town lynch") is a thing. I think I still feel like that one post I talked about earlier was pretty strongly town though, and with such a low post count I'm inclined to write off "not using vote" and "not explaining things" and such as simply not being around often enough to keep up to date.
    weiyaoli --- Can you summarize your reasons for being on Citrus for us?

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'd color it more like:

---------- Post automerged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Is this affected by being in a no flips game?

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Weakened, but not eliminated. We do have multiple different methods of finding alignments of lynched players, ESPECIALLY D1 where a successful N1 angel protect reveals the D1 lynch target to have been town.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Citrus, are you demoting me to a scumread for voting you? Reeeally?

---------- Post automerged at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Like, should I get my MafiaWiki OMGUS hyperlink ready?