1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Yeah Fable/Acio does need looking at... Maybe I'll do it if I find the energy for it. Don't want to smother the thread with my presence today either though, so at least I'm not JUST lazy.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I reread the thread because I hate myself.

Can we have, like. Fable/Fluff/Wei elders?

Fable is doing things too long for me to post right now.

Fluff is like... afk? Other people have been posting like this, but then they actually post something useful to town later. This guy has not.

All of Wei's reads are flipfloppy until you get to the actual longreads post, and even then the reads are punctuated by "I guess", "I think", "I'm reading it this way but I should probably ISO so this isn't a real read" and stuff, which is super not town. Literally can't be decisive on a single read.

vote weiyaoli

Like, they're... ignoring each other, mostly. Putting each other as "mostly town" but not giving full reads, and such. It's not great.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Beruru can you vote for me? TIA

4. Jarizok

Negative. Proxy voting is not in the WH ruleset. You'll have to place your own vote, you lazybum.

---------- Post automerged at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

I'm hilarious.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fable/fluff/Wei is like a pretty weak coven though in terms of presence. That would mean we've had town wagons galore spearheaded by town.

Fluffiness tends not to post much in general. He's usually a goto mislynch attempt by scum, and he's way townier this game than his average (which does tend to reflect on his alignment). That's probably why he's a stronger townread by many than you're seeing

---------- Post automerged at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------
    Vaimes

Dont worry, I'm actually going to put in the effort to case you when I get laptop access. Hope you enjoyed coasting while it lasted!

---------- Post automerged at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I dare you to post a read wall in the next few hours Vaimes

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, it does. Not ignoring that. Sitting back and letting villagers murder each other is always godtier witch strats.

I... guess Fluff is one person who hasn't improved in the last few years, then? If this is his townplay, then idk man. Living up to his family name, etc.

---------- Post automerged at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------
    Vaimes I double dog dare you to post a read wall. Pretty please.

7. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    It's so weird to me that wei basically agrees with the majority of my reads, but also wolf reads me

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Give examples please?

And what is wrong/flip-floppy about using "I think"? It's not even a qualifier to the strength of a read.

And the only people I mention I should ISO are you, Acio and Fable. You because I don't actually remember anything you've done this game except complain about shitposting. Which is obviously not true so hence the need to re-read. The latter two because I pretty much skimmed over most of their posts/they didn't make an impression.

Like this picture you're painting is just not reality.

9. Jarizok

He's come a long way already. Give him time.

You say it's weird. You are townreading him though, right?

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I haven't really re-evaluated you either way since my last catch-up post like 30+ pages ago, so you're still where I thought you ended up then. *shrug* I probably missed you stating your reads.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The next person to say I'm coasting is gonna get a foot up their ass. I'm trying to avoid running up my mother's phone bill.

Now that I KNOW I can't resolve the issue in a timely manner, only from this point forward can I be accused of lurking.

12. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    no. null reading

---------- Post automerged at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

psst...you're coasting.

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I see weiy forcing townreads when he's got a bunch of negatives and adding negatives when he's got townreads. The trick to finding his buddies would be figuring out which is which.
    Never said he didn't have rea sons for the townread on dc, just that he was overtly ignoring them.
    So nyeh.

---------- Post automerged at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Vaimes coasting, but still town.
    Probably.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

But what you actually did in that post was cherry pick all the times I said negative things about dC and then went - lolno wei can't therefore have a town read of him. That's like??

If you don't present the reasons I town read him (maybe you disagree with them? I don't know you haven't talked about it) and explain why on balance the resulting town read is forced it seems to me what you're actually doing is purposefully painting an inaccurate portrayal of me.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Is that the flavor for witch kills in this game? (I kid I kid)

16. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    unvote, vote: tom

---------- Post automerged at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

I think citrus is looking bettr from recent posting

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Fable:
    His early game/RVS interaction with owner is pretty good. Good point made about slight hypocrisy from owner. Though camping his vote on owner (a town read) until he votes for tom in #300 for so long is bad, but since it comes after the first vote count I'm not too sure this means much.

#201 is ok, nothing too controversial.

Fable Was this compared to Vaimes or compared to Owner?

#394 and the retraction in #396 reads off since in #201 he mentions tom spamming GIFs so I'm not sure I believe this is a genuine mistake. But then, I'm not really sure what the scum motivation is here? Like it barely even throws shade (ie a random role claim is bad/scummy) at tom because it's really weakly phrased.

#562 - two parts. Like the grilling of Citrus part and I understand where he is coming from when he explains his PoV when challenged by tom. The Acio meta part I can't really judge since I only skimmed the last game.

Read wall seems ok, nothing sticks out as out of the blue/obviously incongruous with previous posts. Only thing I disagree on is Citrus being on the very bottom, but I can see where he is coming from on that.

So going into the exchange with Acio, overall he's ok (lean town if I had to). Not really done that much yet. RE the actual exchange, I think he comes off looking better:

#651 - no comment, I didn't actually read the game in question deeply enough to know.

#657 - I don't agree with Acio (I think miner has a good point)

Overall argument is dealt with pretty well by Fable.

After this he seems around, but kinda drifting on the edges of the game. #759 sort of explains this I guess.

What does TIA mean?

Overall conclusion: I like most of what I've seen so far from Fable, it's just there isn't a lot there. I've never played a game with him, so no idea what that means meta wise, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with where I have him in my readslist (lean town). Good, but need to see more from him before I'm confident.

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Also in my last post there should be a comma here:

18. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    TIA means "thanks in advance."

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Need to sleep so will do Acio/Beru re-reads tomorrow. Work should be less busy due to having put my experiment on already so I'll try to post some stuff earlier than I've managed to these last two RL days.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    weiyaoli

It was in comparison to vaimes.