1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Was more interested in how people OTHER than tom reacted to that.

At least, that was the plan before Miner's continued scrutiny kinda ruined it (not mad b/c that's why I'm townreading Miner now)

I just posted a big wall thing which should outline my reads on those people. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to comment on a read like that. "Vaimes doesn't feel that way to me"? That should be evident from my slight townread on him. I don't feel the need to restate my reads like one page after I made them, and there's not really much about a feels read to point to and address directly.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I've unfortunately skimmed most of Beruru's posts sort of same with Cobalt. Hope he comes back or gets replaced so we can read him better.
    Fable, I think I'm back and forth on. The way he described my play with regards to activity makes me start to question his alignment, as the read itself was said without doubt. Scum tend to be calmer and more sure of things, in my experience. He has been town reading me at times, but he could be trying to pocket me if he's scum. I'm not confident enough to lynch him today though. But he is kind of on my radar. Like his initial reading me scum and voting for me, he has mentioned things about my play, which I consider more NAI than one alignment over the other. And he did mention that my activity was making him or destroying the previous thoughts about my alignment.

But I guess now I'm wondering if that was too easy in the sense that he was trying to fake that kind of solving the game in front of me.

Like town!Fable would maybe not so easily change his notions or read about me. Or that's what I'm pondering at the moment.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

owner Id really like you to answer my question from 1164.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Vote Count 1.7.

Beru [5]: Miner, Tom, Jari, Rubicon, Fable.
    Tom [3]: Fluff, Kai, Wei.
    Citrus [2]: Vaimes, DC.
    Fable [2]: Acio, Dyachei.
    Jari [1]: Cobalt.
    Vaimes [1]: Citrus.
    Weiyaoli [1]: Beruru.
    DichotomousCreator [1]: Owner.

Not Voting [1]: Jwlk.

Deadline is at Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:00:00 am (GMT+1)

---------- Post automerged at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

With 17 votes alive, it will be 9 votes to soft lynch and 13 votes to hard lynch.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I'm still looking for a specific quote from Acio in order to answer said question. So I can show you versus tell you about it, I need a short break now.

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Wow, both tom (scum) and fable (leaning scum/null) are voting for berry. hmm (or that's my current read of each of them)

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    owner

Read my ISO of Beruru kthx.

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I notice that none of the people who have played with beru before are currently voting her.

I could see this being accurate.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Are you saying that you think we're wrong? Also, who has played with beru before?

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Acio, DC, Kai are the ones I'm thinking of... People from FS.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So Acio,

I think my problem with acio's early game and why I think he's lacking is he's asking a lot questions but not giving any thoughts so it comes across as busy work and being a bit frozen. The citrus vote in 452 seems a bit opportunistic partly because of the aforementioned problem of acio not giving any thoughts so there's no build up to it. 504 gives some explanation for this but I don't know how playing worse than he did in that game fixes the problem so it's just really ??? to me. Says citrus isn't wrong on dya in 527 when he's voting for him?

Naked vote in 616 is bad and we start the garbage argument of "you can't meta read someone after only playing with them once" I've explained why this argument is bad so I won't repeat it. Also reading that over Acionyx really needs to read how I played d1 of WH8. Voye on me in 708 is super weak also by this point his theory on me being a wolf is kind of destroyed because it involved one of kai/beruru/dC being teamed with me but he's V reading all of them so ???. We get to a wolf read on beruru which we know flips into a V read, not sure what to make of that. 941convinces me that acio didn't bother reading me at all in RWBY, I don't fake dumb tells as a wolf meanwhile jari did accuse me of faking dumb tells in WH8 ( he was a witch that game fwiw) so this does not help my impresion of acio at all. Overall I find acio's play surface level, inconsistent, and one dimensional.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Technically I can be sorta counted also

Vaimes selective quoting time!

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    owner

Out of curiosity do you have any preconceptions of my village play or my wolf play?

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Word noted, thanks! So your vote is currently kinda lonely on dC...what're you thinking in terms of consolidation right now?

Vaimes
    Another question to add to the list - what're your thoughts on consolidating on the current wagons? Because unless you make a proper push in the very near future on me, your vote is pretty useless right now

I could say something similar wrt @diotomaceouscreator. I was actually really looking forward to playing with you when I saw you in the list after I got my role PM actually, because I think my only other game with you was when I was scum and you slowly took me apart piece by piece (second half of this paragraph is probably more of an early D1 thought, but whatever)

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

The heart attack when you're partway through compiling quotes and you accidentally close your browser but it's all still there when you reopen it

---------- Post automerged at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Every post from Vaimes starting with the first quoted one through the present. Spoiler'd the filler/emptier ones (but they're there for completion's sake)

Starting here because it's where his activity (understandably re: the above post) drops.

Note that this is just after the exchange between me and dyachei.

His vote's on Tom as of this post (and the prior one, as this is directly the next one).

Pushing Tom, doesn't really say enough substantial stuff to really get votes on Tom

First big read-wall. Notably excluding anything on me. Continues to say Tom's a witch, some ?lean-below-null? reads, and a townread on Rubicon

Bringing up that Cobalt hasn't posted at all

Hm, I didn't remember this post. I guess he skipped over all my posts + the exchange with dyachei up to that time, which explains a bit more why he didn't have a read on me at that point?

Didn't like this because of how empty (no reasons) of a vote it was

Dismay at Tom not getting wagon'd, but also didn't really make a good case for it so ???

??? switches to Tom ???

Except that's kinda what I did (asked for reasoning on why)

Forgot this happened, strongly feeling an unaligned Tom/Vaimes

Some arguments leaning towards scum!Vaimes:
    The enthusiasm wrt saying I'm scum seems a bit trumped up to me. Also he hasn't really cased/pushed anyone too hard so far. It's basically a giant wash of "Tom's scum, Tom's scum, Tom's scum" which transformed into fighting with me and "Citrus is scum, kill Citrus, Citrus is scum". Also, a massive amount of deflection on giving a solid read on the exchange between me and dyachei; which eventually became "I didn't think Citrus was scum I just tossed my vote on him" and then he uses the exchange we had after his vote as all his justification for scum-reading me

Some arguments against it are that he's been relatively V/LA which can make some of the above make more sense in context. And also that I didn't realize he specifically had avoided deep-reading my posts, when I thought he had and without mentioning it at all in his read-wall decided I'd be a decent mislynch.

With all the above in mind + his thread presence + V/LA I think I'd put him at a weak lean-scum right now. Anyone else got any thoughts on the above?

---------- Post automerged at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

If there's not some solid vote movement onto Vaimes by the time I wake up in the morning, I'll probably move to consolidate, so if anyone else is thinking of joining now would be the time

I don't particularly like the current wagons. I think I would've said Fable >> Beruru > Tom, but that was before the weird self-vote push thing and I've been very confused about Fable since

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 1,193
    User Name Posts
    Miner 183
    tom 125
    Jarizok 101
    dyachei 99
    Fable 95
    dichotomousCreator 91
    owner 77
    Rubicon 75
    Vaimes 74
    KaiDASH 63
    Citrus 62
    Acionyx 40
    Beruru 33
    his fluffiness 32
    weiyaoli 29
    Cobalt 5

It's pretty clear there's noone around to talk to seeing as I've auto-merged for the last 30 minutes now, so I guess I'll see what's here in the morning

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

>implying I can be mislynched

---------- Post automerged at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Like I don't know what imaginary universe you're living in where you wake up and there's a wagon on me.

Sorry I'm not sober and should probably go to bed.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

Fable I'm putting off til later. I just want to resolve beru/Acio right now.

Unless someone wants to sell me tom.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also why on earth would I, as scum, move to lynch you over tom when 1) you were townreading me, and 2) you're more likely to survive over tom in a vacuum and thus be in a position to continuously defend me?

"herp derp let's lynch the guy defending me" said no scum!Vaimes ever.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

and by sell I mean tell me why he's better than acio/beru

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Meh, if there ever was such a time, this is not it. Our current alteenatives (Beru, Acio) are much preferrable.

---------- Post automerged at 06:42 ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 ----------

Lol. Like you ever need selling on tom.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Oh also Citrus

I don't think I can objectively read Vaimes right now, so..

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You can do whatever you want.

---------- Post automerged at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

Also nothing is truly objective.