1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Yeah, this is kind of what I figured...again though can anyone that's played scum with tom corroborate that he tends not to bus?

2. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean I'm reading the Citrus situation as w/w wagons so I guess that's where we're differing on that. What does beru being a counterwagon to tom have to do with Citrus, though?

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I think I see now. What I meant was citrus voted for dya and then found reasons for the vote to make sense afterwords when dya pushed back.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

HF gets some points for starting the CFD.

DC... uh. I would give him credit, except that post looks really fake.

---------- Post automerged at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------
    Fable, did you ever explain the motivation for your claim?

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    That's the wrong post. You want this one:

Agree on fluffy though.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I was frustrated and honestly it doesn't take much to get me to claim when I'm upset (I almost claimed d1 of WH8 if you remember) and also....I might have thought EoD was 4 hours before it actually was.

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Oh, this is your reasoning. Okay. I'll think on this.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I'm not sure me being on that Citrus wagon on the VC means anything useful since my vote was actually still on tom at that point.

Also I'm still feeling:

Vote:beruru

I think the tom vote suggests LW though.

9. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I thought that might be, but I had to point it out so it doesn't do me any good now.

-------------

I've seen scum!tom bus hard on D1, but the circumstances were a bit different. His partner was under a lot of fire basically from RVS onward and he was definitely going to get lynched eventually. Fable's tom meta is ~probably true in the general case.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I need to reread but I think I might want to lock clear owner.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Elders hundred percent were looking at beru regardless.

Anyways, since tom's scum, Vaimes can get a pass today and we get beru/acio.

Voicing the thought had to do with messing with the nightkill, but I'm not going into that.

By the by, killing dya is interesting and I think it points towards Citrus being more likely scum.

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

vote citrus

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Today is gonna be my main day of activity, pretty much gonna be on vacation for the test of the week. Mostly doing checkins at random times otherwise.

I think I want to resolve beru/Acio, and then look at dC.

Challenge you to beat my post count this week.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...uh. Why?

Hmmm, actually. What circumstances could make you want to lock clear anyone in this ruleset with only one scumflip? I'm honestly having trouble thinking of any thanks to the whole LW/Elder thing.

Updated reads from me:

Town (dC, dyachei)
    fluffiness
    weiyaoli
    Rubicon
    Barely Above Null
    KaiDASH
    Acionyx
    Jarizok
    Fable
    Null (Cobalt, Silvercrys3467, Beruru, Vaimes)
    Owner
    Barely Below Null
    Miner
    Barely Below Barely Below Null
    Citrus
    Scum (tom)

Notes:
    - Special category has been eliminated, but I still think beru/Fable/Acio contains at least/most one scum, probably. There's more to read them on by the merits now though.

On movements:
    - Miner gets busted down a few due to CFD behaviour.
    - Rubicon kind of did as well but coming forward with the scum!tom info when town!tom would make him look a lot better mitigates it a fair bit (overall his aversion to the CFD therefore reads more as generally not liking them, so he's still in the strong town group).
    - Beru and Vaimes are slated for reassessment based on today's behaviour. Thus, no hints on how I feel there.
    - Kai moves up due to CFD activity, but not into strong town without some better demonstrations today.
    - Fable appears just north of null for the same, Acio because I can see a glimmer of his townplay in there...but if Beru isn't scum then I'm wrong on one of them.
    - Fluffy takes the top spot for inciting the CFD, and weiy remains a strong townread for previously stated reasons and because tom attacked him repeatedly.

I will be doing a fair bit of reassessing today, tom didn't give many hints to work with but I think people's behaviour today should be instructive given how the lay of the land is currently. Particularly, I think at least a couple of my townlean/nulls must be scum given the small number of scumleans I have.

Ehhh. It still just seems like a weird comment to be making and I'm not sure what the town mindset behind it is. That said, you're still displaying the same consistency I townread you for earlier so I invented a new category for you :V

PREVIEW EDIT: I'm guessing it's just a playstyle difference, but could you explain why you would prefer to resolve beru/Acio today compared to lynching Citrus?

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Owner dislikes bussing, I know that from personal experience and unless I'm remembering wrong tom was her strongest wolf read. For that reason unless she's LW and made a horrible mistake she's always a villager here.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

It really doesn't matter, I'm fine with lynching Citrus, but I'd like to know if I'm right about beru or not, and I'm pretty sure Citrus gets lynched regardless.

Also, fuck, I just realized tom's probably laughing at me in demon chat because the curse continued. At I did scumread him at some point yesterday.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

If your meta is true then yes she's locktown.

I don't think LW owner has quite as much confidence as she did yesterday. w/w with tom prolly doesn't sound right either.

Only way owner's a witch is if she's a witch with Rubicon tbh.

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    You have a limited knowledge of my play for the record. I do bus sometimes. I just suck at scum most games so the odds are better if I keep more of the team alive.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Interesting, I wasn't getting the sense Owner was ruled out as LW. Can you go into a bit more detail on that?

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I feel like this is you agreeing with me with you just saying you don't want to agree with me.

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I've hard bussed/distanced before. I would say it is in my scum range. But I don't think you have actually seen an instance of this before.