1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Witcher TV Show

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Seyllian, May 17, 2017.

1. Seyllian

Seyllian Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know a lot of people here played the Witcher 3 games, but now they are adapting the books to a TV show on Netflix. Thoughts?

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Would prefer HBO (because GoT), but Netflix has a proven track record by now. I trust it to be better than the Polish adaptations at least. They should take notes from the cutscene in the first Witcher game that neatly illustrates one of the short stories. Personally I've never played the Witcher games for hardware/money reasons and I do feel like I'm missing out. I actually have bargain price deluxe editions of the first two games stowed away, waiting for the day I build a new PC.

I'll be looking forward to this.

3. Sataniel

Sataniel Fifth Year

High Score:
    We've already had one Witcher series, I doubt that the new one will be more memorable than the old one.
    ScottPress: BagiƄski is co-director, so I think he may "take notes" from his previous work.

4. Seyllian

Seyllian Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The second one is good.

The third is a masterpiece, the DLC even more so than the base game.

5. Clerith

Clerith Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Please be good... please be good...

Witcher 3 hopefully made the brand big enough to warrant GoT levels of quality. Or near it, anyways. Here's to hoping Netflix doesn't cheap out. But honestly, I'm expecting some sort of middle budget, divisive 'Netflix original'.

At least it'll probably be better than the original TV show.

I know some people who bought the books after playing Witcher 3 (and even 2), but I think that a lot of people would be interested in this alternate media.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  6. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This definitely has the potential to be amazing. GoT showed that fantasy can be done right, and hopefully this follows that track.

7. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

As a big fan of the franchise I hope this is good. However, as some of Netflix originals have proven to be awful, I'll try and keep my expectations low. Sapkowski has been reported as a consultant for the series so I wonder how much they'll pull from the games seeing as how irrelevant they are to the author.

My dream cast for Geralt would be Mads Mikkelsen. If they consider him to be too old, he could always make a good Vesemir.

8. ScottPress

High Score:
  9. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

Do you have any idea what movie/series is that from? It's peaked my interest.

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    Movie is called Valhalla Rising.

11. Schnarf

Schnarf Muggle

High Score:
    cautiously optimistic about this