1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

saved us chadmiller!

also go me

2. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

i do have one minor rant-type thing for the mod:

porio, next time you host, be in charge of vote counts, not jsut night actions.

to me i found it that it was more of sloth hosting the game if anything.

i do understand rl issue and some of the sorts of that, but personally i find it jsut bad host practice (imo at least) to lets someone else do just about all of the work wile you as i would say "back-seat it"

the incident with titus and us was diffrent (where titus had huge rl issues and just flat out flaked), but i saw you in thread sevral times, i found it degrading and kinda saddening that you came to see it but never even really considered to make a vote count.

i guess what this rant thing is about is that if your going to host, be more involved.

/end rant

as for sloth/math:

awsome job for first time modding.

sloth: LOVE THE RP, i might have to recuit you for rp, its one of those things that makes the game fun to play, its those small thing i take intrest in. the rp overall can be moot but at same time, to me its what mods can use to be creative and show off flavor and jsut be gree to explore the relm of just about anything.

math: less impactful overall but were helpful when you came in

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

ill check in later to give my feedbacks on everyone later im tired atm and want to see the qts

3. KaiDASH

from rubicon qt

I blame fontisian.

lol :(

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nothing like a good Day 1 tunnel to get the blood moving.

5. KaiDASH

There were a few rules mistakes I noticed in obs (that thankfully didn't come up) but they don't really matter at this point unless we're doing another game.

---------- Post automerged at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

takethat.jpg

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Thanks ya'll for the feedback. If I get the honor of co-modding another game I'll definitely take what was said under advisement. :) And yeah I know I made some mistakes but I try to own up to them. If anyone else has any feel free to share/discuss with me. This board is different than most so some of it I'm learning how some issues are handled. I do appreciate ya'lls patience.

7. Titus

Titus Squib

This game was particularly fun. There were a few things that made the game unrecoverable from my perspective but I still feel, personally, that this was one of my better, more enjoyable scumgames.

I had to bomb Fonti day 1. She picked out the entire scum team in a post. She later changed her mind, but Fonti was never going to be fooled. That went double after Rubicon died.

Then Blab checked Citrus, so I had to bus Citrus. Ugh. Blab also made a big deal about me being scum. I had to discredit that and the best lies have a hint of truth in them. Anyone would be butthurt after coming so close to winning only to find out there was a hidden enemy all along. Blab's denial of it stinging at all helped a bit, but the being butthurt for most wouldn't cause a major death tunnel with the evidence Blab had.

Luckylee did propose a plan of lynching Luckylee to give a life to Blab. This would have wrecked the game if the plan was actually done. It should have been a neon flag when I say a plan sucks but cannot say why. Town proposed a myriad of plans that sucked (for instance lynching Bill Door with 7 alive) that I had to object to, with reasons. I doused my objection with a hint of aggression at Blab to get him thinking I secretly wanted it to work to save Citrus. ("Of course I'm against it, so you're for it.") The idea was for a mental "rolling of the eyes" if you will so Blab would reject the plan without as much thought as he needed.

I should have been lynched Day 3. I said in this game, never let scum talk. This game was a prime example of why. I should have been lynched day 3 but ika comes in with his unlogic to lynch Poly and Titus is conftown. This is something I didn't care to get in the way of, but I never really pushed it.

Night 3, really, did I need a bigger sign considering I was already considered obvscum that we were NKing Klackerz? I think this was part of the reason people bought I wasn't certain scum on Day 4.

On Day 4, I'm very surprised that everyone (including Atum, because he needed to) scumread me and they went along with my plan to lynch Snowvon. The theory of Citrus/Rubicon coaching Snowvon was utterly ridiculous (and really only fit with ika scum because he does off the wall stuff).

Day 5, ika had to die. He should have died. I had the votes to kill ika. However, it was strategically better if I didn't have ika live. I just needed backup plan. ika kept confusing the rolecards and I don't see why scum would just randomly use backup plan like that. I figured the best play was to get me lynched and totally frame an ika Luckylee scumteam.

To do that, Lyrium could not in any way confirm I was scum. So I just needed backup plan. So when I die I find...

we used backup plan the night before. :facepalm:

At that time, I knew the game was over.

It was a challenge but I was thoroughly beaten this time.

8. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

@ika: I haven't read it yet but I may later. No hard feelings, I hope.

@blab: In retrospect I may be wrong about the d2 reveal being wrong given that I could have underestimated the effect of a pseudo-townfirmed witch with 2 lives, especially with a low-activity acolyte. I would have tried harder to fish for further reads, though.

@Angel Chat: I literally lol'ed at "Save us ChadMiller!" And then braced myself for the "WTF CHADMILLER" that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. <3

@Demon Chat:
    "The me of these forums" indeed

@Obs Chat:
    haha

Actually, I wasn't kidding that all I wanted was a straight answer to the damn question, that I was tunneling largely on principle, and that I wasn't even seriously entertaining ika/Lee scum at any point. I'm stubborn and aggressive, not stupid. ;)

Good times. Would consider joining another from the start.

---------- Post automerged at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

oh yeah, I saw some people mentioning how different the WH games I played in were...last game of WH I played was so broken that I accidentally modconfirmed myself as a witch and still won. Basically, I recognize a lot of roles and bits of strategy for old degenerate versions of this game but still have yet to play a full one that was even remotely balanced.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Why weren't you lynched there? I brushed through a page or two and just see tons of votes lol

10. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

There was another witch whose power was "see the role of any player that dies at night, and also you can drink a potion to gain the powers of any dead witch". So I was only the second most overpowered witch left alive. And that ended up being town's only lynch for the rest of the game despite like a 15/6 numbers advantage.

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 ----------

The carnage starts here. Yes, that is witches killing 4 town and skipping a lynch. It was that bad.

11. KaiDASH

My favorite part of that game is Mayor Prime Intellect the crazycupid.

12. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

The best part about Prime was that he confused us in all kinds of ways that backfired and led to us accidentally killing town anyway.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Huh, it's a very different game roles-wise etc. I might look at the setup some other time when it's not 2:30AM heh

Anyways, back on topic.

Gg town. Well played Blab and Kai especially, because you two collectively eliminated half the scum-team from the get-go.

And font for her reads being spot-on. I guess

Also massive props to Titus for pulling off mislynches left and right

And the mods, for hosting AND trying to set post-records of their own in the "observer" chat (more like, Mount Olympus with all the Gods laughing at our missteps but I digress)

I might post more later, this is off-the-top-of-my-head thoughts

---------- Post automerged at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Oh and of course thanks Chad for replacing in on a huge thread and joining us! I'd love to see you around in future games

14. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

btw Kai- <3 your d1 play

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Wooooo. Go town.

16. dhulli

dhulli The Reborn

This was loads of fun guys. I hope to play with you all again! Although I'll probably be lynched day 1 for realz then :p

17. blab

blab Second Year

Lossstreak over! Go me!

Thanks to Chad for being a bro and replacing into this.

Thanks for modding, too. (if only the flavor wasn't so boring.;))
    Next time, please nerf fontisian, though. Just way too OP. Like, make the N1 nightkill on her automatic or something.

Props (and thanks) to KaiDASH for making perfect angel decisions.

Also, thanks to town for eventually lynching Titus.

Polysemous gets the best newcomer award.

18. KaiDASH

I'm going in the opposite direction here guys!

Please buff fontisian, she's really bad at reading me.

She's also really bad at doing things other than 'getting me lynched day 1'

19. blab

blab Second Year

You don't buff an OP charater just because of one bad matchup.:facepalm

How about we buff you by giving you a obvtown+5 permanent modifier?

Eh, but you don't any buffs either. Hmm, we could balance that by giving blab the unlynchable trait, though.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I would like the "town listens to my reads after my death" trait. Can I get that one?