1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Meh. If they had played better they wouldn't be dead, #shots fiyahed

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

*gets hit by the shot dies and comes back to life* AHHH I got voted to be lynched again! NOOOOOOOOOO! !vote LuckyLee

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Take all the responsibility for our deaths. Take it now.

4. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

1) im aware of being too busy to mod and rl issue that come up (titus game where i was helping?), heck its happened to me as well when i was a host, this is more of a host to host type thing i'm addressing, this is not player perspective but rather host perspective. you may be unaware but being a long time host, these discussions are made for the purpous of trying to help hosts learn and be better at the same time

2) your were giving me feedbacks yes, i just assume that proph was doing night actions since he was not giving out feedbacks

3) this is my big dilemma here. call me nit picky if you like but when i read this:

i expected it to be mainly hosted by proph

granted the same happened with titus, but when i read that i expect that person to be doing most of it. a co-host is more sidelined per-say (rp, maybe vote counts [home site has automated]) but when it comes to the point where the original host is practically gone, then to me it becomes that host abandoned (again we can say same for titus) however, i have been is several of phrops hosted games and this is not the only time where i have felt like this has happened.

4) yes i understand, it happens to best of us, but this has not been the first time it has happened. this has occurred over several games that i have played and he has hosted where he has kinda "left" or was delayed on things. this is merely MPOV as a host as well. this is kinda why i do favor solo hosting, b/c its sole responsibility.

but thats just again my opinion on it. everyone has their own thoughts, 'just rather blunt like you also say you are (yes i read the qts and i will address that later on when i'm making the feedback for everyone right now i'm busy with a few other things.).

consider it an agree to disagree on viewpoints

5) if anything i would have you help out on rp b/c sometimes i have trouble making it myself. when im in a proper mood i can make good rp, i just cant force myself to make good rp.

also a slight thing on help me with hosting: personally i solo host in long run b/c if something goes wrong i am the sole person to blame and tends to have less problems at times so i would be trying to limit you to do rp but would let you do it how you like.

as for your covering up flavor, you can put that disclaimer to lyrim and us, but i mean at the same accord, FOPOV as players, we took that rp and interpreted it as that (which was also kinda turned out to be true for what we fond)

5. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Aw I missed the after party. grats town! I had faith. As someone sorta following - gj to Atum for fooling as many people as you did for as long as you did and it was nice that Lyrium and ika got to get Titus lynched after buddying/defending her all game up to that point, major props to Chad for actually catching up on a thread that long (i feel like, half your pain) and getting it right in the end, etc

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yo, we ever gonna get Mod Notes, or you gonna Riley this shit, Sloth?

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

4 and 5) Ika if you have further comments on this please address Prophy, Sloth, and/or myself privately as needed. I'm a firm believer of if someone messes up please address it with them in private if possible. For this time private correction is not possible as this discussion is already public and if I don't say something public I feel it is worse.

For 4) things happen. Sloth already explained it. To bring it up after the explanation was already given does not add value. And to be honest all I expected to do was vote counts if that for the game to have to make some of the choices I have made was pretty hard as well as sometimes Sloth was not online and I had to make choices as to what did/did not occur in the game. So if you are going to complain about Prophy not being here and Sloth running it, you also have the same complain to me by proxy and for someone who spends time staying up until the late hours of the night and/or discussing mechanics so you can have unimpeded fun whenever you want it is kind of shitty.

5) This was already discussed in obs. Again bringing up something public here without seeing if it was brought up for the person privately can seem rather dickish. Sloth did a favor by helping out with the flavor most days as while I was helping Sloth moderate I have been dealing with the flu back and forth trying my damndest to make sure EVERYONE had an enjoyable experience, almost to the point of too much so. According to the thread, you mentioned it yes, but if someone else took that perspective you don't know because you aren't in their heads.

So if you have something new to contribute on this talk with us privately. Til then I'm considering this issue closed.

@LuckyLee: I may or may not do mod notes since I'm not the primary mod and only helped out as time saw fit. I'll defer that to if people actually want them from me or if there are no mod notes after a week or so.

8. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

@Lee: I don't know what mod notes entail to be perfectly honest. If you want to know what I thought, who I think deserves MVP, and memorable moments, it'd be much simpler for you to obs - those contain my fresher, bluntly honest thoughts. Be warned though: Blunt honesty.

@ika: As said, this has all been discussed, so we'll just say agree to disagree.
    Still - "as for your covering up flavor, you can put that disclaimer to lyrim and us, but i mean at the same accord, FOPOV as players, we took that rp and interpreted it as that (which was also kinda turned out to be true for what we fond)"
    ^Er, what? Not sure what you're asking for here.

My fresher thoughts on you or anyone are on obs, but you did fair. What I remember the most were your parts on Snow's lynch, an ika's, both of whom were ridiculous and made no sense.
    (Though on ika's, it seems you hadn't read the Day, fair enough.)

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeah that's pretty much what mod notes are, just c/p them here if you want

10. Sloth

Gotten a few requests in IRC - does anyone want me to do modnotes, or is obs enough?

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I don't get why you think Atum's n1 check made sense.

For 1 he could have been lying anyway as scum.

And 2 is that his check on Snowvon makes perfect sense as I think inquisitor scum should holycheck people they wouldn't otherwise night kill.

I think a major thing missing from your play is reflection: You didn't seem to go back to previous days with new found game state-knowledge and think about why people did what they did.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

For klackerz:

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Bill Door, my feedback for you is too be careful of players who sell you a "safe" option without standing behind it. You seem to be governed by fear a bit. Scum players will use that.

14. KaiDASH

I found pretty much everything you said in obs to be quite inoffensive.

People should toughen up.

15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I find your face to be pretty offensive, Kai.

16. KaiDASH

Rubicon dropped dead after seeing it.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Seconded.

Sloth, your comments were like gentle flowers whispering encouraging things into my ears as I lay on a bed of fluffy bunny rabbits nibbling on honeysuckles and singing Kumbaya.

You can do mod notes or obs or even more RP's. Whatever you like.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

I didn't find much by Sloth inoffensive. The closest things Mathblade and Sloth said were comments about me factoring in Riley's disappearance. He probably had personal issues. However, I refuse to win out via lurking town. It is not right or fair to do so.

Many of the prod requests were not strategic. If it feels that someone hasn't posted in 24 hours, I will ask for them to be prodded. I may subconsciously notice players not posting based on alignment but it makes me feel dirty to win via lurking.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ah, I thought your prodding me was strategic, hence why I was so aggressive on the rebuttal :p

20. Sloth

Wait, you didn't find it inoffensive? So you DID find it offensive?

And aye, I don't think it was QUITE as bad, but people tend to have prickly personalities, so I thought to have my bases covered.
    Anyway, it's been asked, so if I have time on the coming weeks, I'll skim through everything ('cept the game, god, not the game), and put together some notes.

As well as a musical depiction of the game, starring Hugh Jackman as Lyrium, and Russel Crow as Judge klackerz.

"NOW PRISONER SNOWVON. YOUR TIME IS UP AND NO PAROLE'S BEGUN! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS."
    "Yes, it means I'm free."
    "No it means KNIFE TO THE NECK."

(It'll be top box office.)