1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

True, but it feels like all her posts so far have been mechanical or prompted. It's early, but it's pinging me the wrong way.

I don't agree with your conclusion here. Snowvon is pretty easy to scum-read regardless of alignment if you're not familiar with him (see: me in Q's Filler, Nae'blis in Tinyhunt5). And even if nothing comes of it, it's not a bad tactic as scum to make the push, because as you point out in your last sentence, "And it's not filler content so it looks like he's contributing."

I don't have much of a lean either way of Moridin yet, but I don't understand your reasoning for calling him towny.

---------- Post automerged at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------
    Cobalt, your thoughts on the Kalas/Citrus/Jan debate
    Menace, anything post RVS to contribute??

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The point there is:
    1) A large number of the game town-reads Snowvon
    2) Moridin is suspicous of Snowvon in that post

Conclusions:
    Town!Moridin is suspicious/paranoid regardless of everyone else's reads, doesn't want to get tricked
    Scum!Moridin wants to make filler posts (like <1% chance Snowvon gets lynched today or something like that), or is trying to role-fish Snowvon. I can't think of any reason for Scum!Moridin to do that otherwise.

3) Moridin tried to push through RVS/get to 'real' posts faster

Conclusions:
    Scum!Moridin doesn't make sense, because the above conclusion clashes with 3. He wants us to spend less time on 'filler', yet he posts 'filler content'? Like it's possible he's scum but I think it's much less likely due to the above now.

If he's scum I'd expect him to either have played along with the fluff OR attacked someone not widely townread.

This leaves town!Moridin

Like this isn't ironclad 100% figured out his alignment, but I think it does point in the direction of town

---------- Post automerged at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

That awkward moment when DLP said "new posts in thread!" and you get all excited, then click and it just shows you your own post

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

1) Depending on how serious you read his posts, Moridin was thinking Scum!von by either post #48, or at least by #92, before a lot of people were really giving reads one way or the other.

2) Given the player base it'd be fairly reasonable to think RVS would continue
    regardless of his protest. Between that, and the fact he's primarily only posted about Von pressure wise, I could see both as attempts to gain town cred, and attacking what he thought looked like a soft target. For scum!Moridin best case he's gets a mislynch, worst case he gets some town-cred for trying to end RVS and making a case on someone.

It's not conclusive, but to me Moridin could be anywhere on the map as far as I'm concerned, and I will be waiting to see where he goes from here.

---------- Post automerged at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------
    Kalas, since your on, and I think have played with him before:

What do you make of Lungs' #208 & #210? I have a couple of thoughts, but am curious if anyone else is thinking the same.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The experiment continues:

Snowvon 47 (lol)
    The Waco Kid 32
    Citrus 24
    Luckylee 21
    Jan 20
    Newcomb 20
    Lungs 16
    Moridin 12
    Tempus Fugit 11
    fontisian 10
    Kalas 9
    Cobalt 8
    his fluffiness 5
    Menace 4
    Atum 1

If there isn't at least one witch in the single-digit posts group, I'll be shocked.

I would flip Tempus with Luckylee. Despite Luckylee's post count I can't remember a single thing he's done that felt like trying to solve the game. Tempus I looked at pretty closely while going back and ultimately misreading one of his posts, I'm calling him light town for now.

Lungs, eh, by the post count readwall he's light town, but I only remember one thing he did which was kinda nervously townread everyone, call Moridin strong town for "reasons" and scumread Menace for something that could apply to quite a few of the low posters. I'd move Lungs down a couple slots.

Otherwise, I'll stand by that as a decent readwall. At this point the biggest possible flaw in the postcount readwall is that I'm wrong on Jan, Citrus, Waco, or Snowvon b/c I'm relying too much on meta reasons - basically "well they were town in this game I played with them, and they're posting the same kind of things." So, eternal FoS on Jan, Citrus, Waco, Snowvon, but not interested in lynching them today as the game currently stands.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

1) I didn't remember when that post happened chronologically, I'll have to look back
    2) My point (depending on above) is at that point the best case of getting a mislynch was not on the table. So then there's very little scum-incentive to do that for scum!Moridin (best case isn't very good and it goes down from there).

Js what you said isn't worst case, it's like the new best case. Worst case would be everyone scum-reads him except his scummates and we identify all 4 before D1 ends or something like that :p

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Newcomb, I don't necessarily agree with all of it (nor your premise completely tbh, feel like it makes it too easy to lazily throw out scum-reads), but at least your thought process is making sense to me again

---------- Post automerged at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------
    Citrus, but someone who doesn't know 'Von's meta isn't going to know that, and the lack of time from when role-cards being sent to when he started to push make it less likely to me a team-mate would have advised him prior to that

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Anyway, I think I've made my point on this, and in the mean-time will wait to see what direction he goes from here.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

That's potentially true. Fair enough, all of my above on it was just my 2 cents on it all

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Newcomb, unsure if Tempus is that high, given his one substance post was from a prompt/question from me. Want to see some unprompted analysis from him

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

FWIW Tempus, all 15 players have posted, albeit some barely. Don't like that your missing details like that though.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Asking for unprompted analysis defeats the point, just sayin, Waco. :p

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Eh, true. I was thinking more along the lines of last time I'd asked a specific question, and wasn't here, but yea.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I lol'd.

Senpai what do you think of Citrus and Moridin? Are they fabulous or nah?

Newcomb in the last 2 pages has your opinion of me changed without me posting or am I misreading?

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

(It's so incredibly novel to have other people posting when I am to have conversations, last game sucked with that)

---------- Post automerged at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Also

Vote: His Fluffiness

Here kitty

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You played last game?

I must have missed out on the 10 posts in 2 days. :O

---------- Post automerged at 04:55 ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 ----------

Anyways, Waco must be town, because he is pointing out how much more fun this game is compared to last game.

Trust this read.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

So. No gravedigger eh?

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jan : I also said you had meta reasons for doing so, Ie Angel chat

Already misrepresenting my arguement, excellent start there my friend. What I actually said was choosing one of the low posters that's a strong player is scummy. This is based on two reasons:

1) It gives you the appearance of pushing for activity without forcing you into early interactions with lurking scummates

2) By pushing on a stronger player you give the appearance of confidence and a less self-preservationist view point, two things that are massively read as town.

So where's the push on Menace Citrus? Or his fluffiness? Hell where's the Atum mention? Please point out where you actually care about getting activity up. I'll wait.

What? Scum read and scummy actions are two separate things. One may lead to the other, a lot faster then you might expect, but they do not equate. What point are you trying to make here?

(also equating yourself and Jan is bad. So stop.)

See above. Or the fact that your 'point' is refuge in audacity. Whatever works best for you.

It actually occurs from RvS but thats semantics. I might not have contributed yet but you just wait Citrus. Its coming. Again with the buzzwords and, to use my own, buddying of Jan. You two are not the same.

1 wouldn't be a healthy attitude. Good thing it doesn't exist anywhere outside your head. You asked me for my thoughts, I told you I hadn't read the thread closely, then I gave you what stuck out at the time cause guess what, getting mentioned sticks out! It even gives you this neat little notification in the top right. You'll see it in about five minutes.

Completely reasonable to question it. No one is arguing this. What I am arguing is why you are giving other players a complete pass on the same behavior? Cause funny story, me skipping RvS usually generates at least one interesting read one way or the other.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

That's just cruel Jan... (besides I outposted the Riley/Proph slot 2:1 in 1 less day).

---------- Post automerged at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

In fairness, pretty sure we're yet to see at least 5 players since we decided GD should claim

17. Newcomb

The post count readwall is more art than science. The bottom is more important than the top, anyway.

Actually Waco aside from your Moridin back and forth with Citrus, who do you want to really push at and investigate today?

I remember one of the reasons I so strongly townread you in Narutomafia was the way you went after Titus. Who's your Titus this game? Or is no one pinging you that hard at the moment?

Because now that I'm putting some thought into it, your tone is good and your thread presence is good, but I can't really say you've pushed for any specific world or agenda aside from trying to move Citrus off town!Moridin. Like - this is kinda a thing:

Is problem. It's not at all how you played scum last game, and you're doing other things besides it, but it really feels like you're going out of your way to Make Friends and Influence Others. You're not in the clouds above the game, you're down here in the mud with the rest of us, but there's a degree to which you're kind of coasting and chumming it up.

[WACO PARANOIA INTENSIFIES]

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Have played with him, not in a very long time however. Null read, there might be something interesting in there but it doesn't make him towny. His usualy scum tells won't show up for a little while.
    Lungs been playing offsite?

19. Newcomb

I had you at null all of RL yesterday and this morning, and I swapped you out of a townread into a light scumread slot on the post count readwall because the longer time goes by with you maintaining a pretty huge fluff-to-content ratio, the more I want you in the PoE.

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I don't know what PoE is.