1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

First bit is about the "never ever lunch within the claims you idiots" thing.

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    actually Jan I was just going to ask my stupid question for the day -

it seems like most people think I'm town now...? is there value in lynching me because I'm essentially innochild now and go into the night as an angel who can 50/50 a save as well as listen in on the coven etc and try and optimize town's chances somehow?

also we still have power but we've lost internet service presumably due to the blizzard soooo...

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

First the end of day flashwagon in the last game, then this stupid claim -> counterclaim -> counterclaim -> retract claim this game.

Now I remember why I quit DLP in the first place, heh.

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I don't want to be an ultra donkey but having an outed priest d1 is concerning so it may be a good idea (and not against my wincon) to sac myself and 50/50 the angel?

---------- Post automerged at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

hey now the EOD flash wagon was one vote away from great success, even if led by mafia

---------- Post automerged at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

but I accept any and all donkey accusations for my play this game lol

5. Newcomb

Morning Proph. So what do you think is happening with this game? In the macro sense does this feel like an ambitious witch play or a town gambit pileup?

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

One between them is the priest, kai is town, i think.

Slippery could go either way, i would rather lynch outside of that and get the checks we could use.

It is 10 times more valuable.

We can't be sure about plotless, even less after dLGNs play that stinks to the heavens, but i am not sure if it is clumsy play with partner, framing a town gd, or just clueless townplay by dLGN.

Let scum deal with this mess tonight, if they want to.

We are far away from losing this game, right now we are at 10-3.
    lynching outside and maybe hitting a scum is not a big deal at all.

Even if you believe there is a scum between the two claims, i see a world where they are both town, in that world we do not want to lynch between them. That is a risk i am willing to take, today.

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I'm all about those gambits [insert link to my FFR game here]

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

As said, if you are town then you are a capable angel, i think.
    If you are scum, then killing you is never bad.

You are never an important role anymore at this point.

Lynching someone like a town who has a possible clearing role would be worse all the time.

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I mean if you're lynching me because you think I'm clueless town at best but probably scum idk why you think I'd be a capable angel but ok.. I'm still thinking it could be worthwhile but I'd like to read the game over and leave you with reads and thoughts under the assumption I am always town (I guess the gravedigger will confirm that) but whatever... just a lil difficult on my phone atm

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I want to hear from Kai first, I think. He's been oddly scant since he said "I CC both of you!" and I want to hear more words from him.

I have no idea about Jan right now simply because plays like these are too dumb. I've never seen someone claim a cop role then retract is completely because "reactions". That's a crazy gambit if I've ever seen one.

I really want to "NOPE" the last page or two and lynch purely based off of behavior, but given we have this claim nonsense I really can't do that.

This is why I hate mechanics. In fantasystrike, we'd have prim and proper play like the gravedigger claiming in WHs, the oracle/clown/priest targeting the lump N1 in THs, generally making scum life hard, etc. In DLP, it always goes wrong and the game goes to heck in a handbasket.

-------

I guess I'll reread but I'm not even sure who I want to lynch Today.

11. Newcomb

I don't know what I hate more, that Jan is seriously advocating a dLGN lynch with that logic, or that dLGN's going along with it.

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I hate me, you can too, no love lost.

going to go shovel snow bbl.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Look he is buring himself at this point!

In more ways than one.

14. Newcomb

I agree that things got a bit crazy. I guess my question is do you see any of this chain of events from a scum PoV? Like trying to scratch my head and make the pieces fit win Plotless-Jan-Slip-dLGN-Kai like okay how many witches in that group and if any what are they pulling here?

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    just remember that witches don't like to burn and I'm pretty ok with it, Jan.

like.. how do you not think I'm dumbass town for a premature claim after last game, lol.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah, this is why I need to reread, and this is also why I want to hear from Kai, since if Kai is telling the truth then we're lynching Slippery.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I also really do want to hear from Kai before making a decision toDay.

What time is phase end again?

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

7 hours, so we have some time.

19. Newcomb

Mm. What do you make of Jan and Citrus both being emphatically against this (lynching within the claims) to the point of scum reading me for advocating it?

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    also don't qq about a boring game and then qq when things happen and there's at least life in the game. you know this is my first witch hunt game and I'm bound to fuck shit up. I still do on DM ffs (see: gunsmith dLGN 2x gunning yolotown dildo ftt ftd game)