1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

So you were pressuring her based on the differences between the RVS post of her last game (TinyHunt) and this one?

What sort of "interesting" response were you hoping to provoke from her?

If you have no strong scum/witch reads at the moment, why aren't you asking questions and trying to determine who is scum right now?

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    yes, a slight difference, but one nevertheless.

any direct response could arguably be interesting. she kind of avoided the accusation and continued on giving reads, including one on me. that's... generally very towny, but, not something I often see from less experienced/rusty players, especially with someone they're not super familiar with (i guess we all probably learned a lot about each other last game, and there is the whole recency bit that helps, but yeah). it takes a lot to be able to brush someone aside because you're not too worried about them nor their accusation.

maybe she didn't take me seriously, maybe she really did townread me, maybe she was coached to not overreact, let it go and just read other people, idk yet. probably one of the first two, but, there is the one point I made a little earlier that I'm curious to see a response to.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

What's your read on Citrus so far??

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

My condolences.

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    is this a jab at fluffness? do you know him well?

7. KaiDASH

I'm expressing sympathy for Snowvon since he rolled scum with fluff again.

8. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    oh. right.

9. KaiDASH

[​IMG]

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

FYI: I will not be around much until late Friday afternoon

11. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

dLGN- more just a concern because his original posts about the mechanics being interesting without any actual thoughts on it was weird and made me question my stance, but his reply confirmed to me more that I think he is town-
    The Waco Kid if you're around.. you're asking a lot of questions about people's opinions without giving many yourself.. Hoping you're back a bit before tomorrow to talk, but I feel you're posting for the sake of posting.

Vote: The Waco Kid

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

:awesome

Waco: I'll get to you in a couple hours.

---------- Post automerged at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------
    Prophylaxis
    Any particular leaning on anyone not named dLGN?

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Projecting your situation onto me?

Also, don't expect a post for a few hours, but I will post soon. Fuck dentists.

14. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I am looking at who is asking questions and what kind of questions they ask. Letting the thread develop at it's own pace on the first cycle to see who does what is what I am going to do this game.

I am not going to prod people to post as that will lead me to getting frustrated with the game in total which will then hurt the quality of my play as well as my enjoyment in playing.

You have already claimed not the Gravedigger in the thread by what you have said in your phrasing. I have claimed Rabbi and Priest and softed a total of 5 other roles so far if people were looking for that sort of stuff in how you phrase things.

I could go into the permutations but it would be idle speculation at this. One is if the witch side has say a Judge and an apprentice on it that the apprentice will pick gravedigger because it tells them who the gravedigger is ,avoids duplication of roles, and eliminates one possible person as being the priest.

15. LochNess

Wasn't that post directed at dLGN slippery?

16. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Thoughts so far:

Jan: Jan's been one of the most active in the actual game and talked about roleclaiming and mechanics, which made me kind of nervous at first, but after skimming the first few pages of Witchhunt 5, I saw that he said the same thing about the gravedigger and stuff as town. I think he's town.

KaiDASH: He wanted gravedigger to claim which I think is towny? But then there's something about his general kind of.. careless? tone I don't like, so I'm not sure about him. I'm sure the meta players will be more knowledgeable, though.

LochNess: I like most of her posts so far. I have a null on her leaning towards positive?

dLGN: I definitely don't want him lynched because he's posting content. One of the most active in the game. But at the same time, I kind of feel like in his general posting, he's mostly throwing stuff out there without saying too much. I don't feel like he's necessarily scummy, though..

Slippery: I definitely feel something about him, but I can't quite articulate it yet. Same with Citrus.

The Waco Kid: I got the same feeling LochNess got from him. He's not saying too much himself, but he's posting a lot..

Almost everyone else: I don't think anyone else said anything of importance.

Idk, it's only day 1 so I guess people are just starting up and having fun.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The only thing i know for sure is that Citrus is definitly not vanilla town this game.
    Take that however you want.

Real read:
    People reading rob/slippery town is odd, up until now most of his posts have been broad and without any conclusion.
    He is basically giving neutral sideline commentary, which has no real use for anyone, not even himself.
    It is still early on, and the game is slowly starting, but he for sure has not done anything towny so far. He is neutral at best.

I like kai, but i didnt like him last game and he was town in that game.
    But this game does not have that active pushing the game forward towns right now, which might be the reason he feels inclined to get information out of the game.
    Last game that was just not needed because town was doing fine without him on the first days.
    Still think kai is town, most likely just me being a bit paranoid here.

Waco is my highest townread so far.

Citrus .. i want to call town for reasons, but i am not sure yet. Hasnt done a lot yet, but he isnt blindly townread rob, which is a plus.

18. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Jan: What's considered a vanilla townie in this game and why would make a statement like that about Citrus?

Isn't that usually something scum would do?

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

vanilla town is a town without any more to his role than just being town.

It witchhunt everyone has some sort of role, even if it is only having two lifes like the survivalist, which means there is no vanilla town.

In a lot of other games, yes people might read into a statement like that as being scummy.

20. LochNess

Jan- you didn't like Kai last game when he was town when you were scum and knew he was town already??

I think Slippery when asked about his reasonings and not giving one made him seem like sheeping town- scum would be more self conscious I think