1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Newcomb: It's okay to admit it, I won't be mad.

For serious though, flat is my default. You're reading too much into it.

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

As the cats out of the bag now

Vote: Vira

3. Vira

High Score:
    Hey, Waco, can I please have your reasons on why you want to lynch me?

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Did you have some sort of seat installed on the top of your fence?
    Why did you make it so hard for yourself to back off.

Seriously man. I've made good points and I'm acting differently than when I was scum?

This is either a fake read or your brain and your gut are not communicating very well.

---------- Post automerged at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Yeah, that looks like town newcomb.
    Sweet.

---------- Post automerged at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Well slippery and koalas are never buddies.
    And I kind of like this little catch of a mindset slip.
    That really is a thought town should never have.

---------- Post automerged at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Von! Protect the snake!

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

1)
    Tone is a thing.

2) I've already commented on on why I really dislike your #129, both for being unnecessary and that it feels misleading.

3) Your reads post at #186 is a combination of a lot of hand waving, and your push on Miner is 1) weak and 2) badly mis-interpreting a post for your own benefit

Because the context shows that Miner's post comes from the following question:

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Jan/TDS
    Fonti/newcomb
    Von
    ----------
    Koalas/owner
    ----------
    Slippery/vira
    Miner
    Waco

---------- Post automerged at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Pretend that was color coded.

7. Vira

High Score:
    I was answering a question and then explained my reasoning when later prodded.

I know that it was an answer. The problem is Miner focusing on your single post compared to the multiple posts that Owner and Von had at that point.

Leaving those two points aside, your main argument seems to be the tone of my filler posts. If so, I don't have anything to say. If you perceive it that way, I can't change that.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Umm

That's not what you said

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Not gonna finish my read tonight but tom is almost certainly not w/w with Kai. Leaving Kai off the list, like pretending to forget he's playing, would be such a weird ??? move from scum I just really struggle to see it. Far, far more likely tom just forgot Kai was playing, because it took me legit like 30 seconds to figure out who the missing name besides himself was once I realized tom had only listed 11 people.

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Also Snowvon should actually explain his progression on owner.

Also tom what's your read on owner? Apologies if you already gave it and I just stopped reading before then. Link it for me if so.

Alright, night all.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Has kai even posted?

Owner has said a lot of things and very few of them are alignment indicative.
    I also may have skimmed some if she was involved in one of the great Wall wars of 2016. I don't read those super closely

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Got a friend visiting for another hour (main reason of lesser activity in the past two days), then i can/will summarize my thoughts about the game.

Had a few of those when i couldn't sleep last night.

But first a little post just for TDS .. because something did rub me the wrong way and should be talked about before moving forward.

TallDarkStranger
    Words .. we all have them (Kai has the best of them). Thinking about them before we use them might be advised.

My first impression about you when you entered the game was something between pre adolescent highschool kid and frat boy (the distinction is minimal).

And I did not care as long as I get a read on you regardless of how demeaning your phrasing could be.

One of your last posts made me change my mind.

Please be careful about what words you choose to describe people/thoughts.
    Using the word "fag" as insult may be ok under the rock you call home, but just because this is the internet does not mean you should go around being an thoughtless idiot.

This subforum in itself has at the very least 4 gay people that I know of, insulting all of them by using this phrasing is not needed, and will just make them more likely to vote you off (and all the people who like them).

I know the internet is a big space where people can do and say what they want and attracts all different kind of people as such, but please try to be careful about what you say here. You can continue calling your friends and family by all the names in the book, but be careful on how you act when you are playing a game with strangers.

/rant

No further comments on this needed.
    Continue with the game ..

12. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    He posted the thing pretending to be some sort of politician running for office a long time ago which was amusing then vanished. Is that alignment indicative ?

Is there anything worthwhile in Koalas wall of text inter spaced with quotes from other people that I should care about ?

I am ok with these people so far Owner , Tom , Jan , Fontisian , TallDarkStranger, and Snowvon and don't want them to die by what ever barbaric method we use to slay people.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You had the same feeling as me off that post New. Do this really comes down to the use of 'confirmed' doesn't it :/

---------- Post automerged at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Everything I've posted is worth reading Axll. But by all means continue pretending my posts, especially 316, don't exist.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Snowvon

TallDarkStranger
    Tom

Mistress Owner
    Miner
    Newcomb

Fontisian

KaiDASH
    The Waco Kid

SlipperyAxII
    Koalas

those two are not knowingly aligned.

Vira

This would be some sort of vague order of where I am at right now.

TDS despite some shortcomings seems very natural in what he is doing and as such likely town.

I liked almost all of Toms reads thus far and agreed with the areas he was commenting on/pushing.

Owner. I think she is trying to find out my alignment with some of her questions and responses. Not as sure because she fooled me in our last game on d1 (and then killed me in the night before I could change my mind).

Miner - Miner feels fake to me. There have been several responses that are more likely town, but ...
    What i pointed out about his first post still stands .. and the way he is poking people is 100% stolen from yogs in the mime game, which makes me want to policy lynch him for not being himself and trying to keep a facade.
    (the "hey, hey x" thing he did a lot of times..)

I liked Newcombs catch-up posts so far ..

Fonti has poked people that I thought about poking , which is good but inconclusive so far.

Kais attempt to make witchhunt great again is a work in progress at best.
    One post without real content, can go either way.

Wacos entrance was copied from another game .. his push on tom was boring. Really unsure have to check back on him again.

SlipperyAx and Koalas are not both mafia.

Koalas attacks go a little bit too far and I do not see a team with those two on it that would distance this hard this early.
    (It is not in character for any of the two of those to orchestrate it and the only person who would make them do it would be fonti .. which would be an exact team if those two are partners, unlikely).

Vira on the other hand piggybag jumped on the slippery scumread straight away.
    Those two could be knowingly aligned. (Don't have to be).

And now ...
    The ramblings of a confused man sponsored by caffeine. [me talking about slippery/vira stuff]
    I am split on slippery because I can see some things he said to be just true and as such not alignment indicative.

Fence sitting is indeed a trait he has as mafia, but his fence sitting this game is understandable for me.
    This game has not as many obvious towns as other games might have. A lot of people have not cared and were not active enough to be obvious in any way or form.
    Him not having a lot of reads at the time is understandable as either alignment.

Most of my townreads are either gut reads or have some ifs and buts attached to them, which fits with his lack of reads at the time.

Vira not thinking about why slippery would say the part about miner being a possible newbie angel/demon is odd to me.
    You try to read people based on their mindset.

What is slipperys motivation when he says that miner would be a possible bad angel to have n1?
    It is a deflection to make miner not the target of the lynch today.

If miner becomes confirmed scum, then slippery looks bad for it. (the whole thing is a little bit on the nose for my taste, but it still fits)

There is no real scum motivation if miner is town.

15. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    Koalas taking what I said and then deliberately misinterpreting it means they are probably just a Witch this game. The meaning is clear in the quote as the I is referring to Koalas and the you is referring to myself which I shouldn't have to explain if they were interested in determining my alignment. See Post #292 where my quote is and Post #316 where it is misinterpreted in a major way

I was considering that it was possibly just a bad tunnel but this feels like a conscious pattern now.

---------- Post automerged at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Post 316 does say a lot about you I agree.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jan

Mind explaining why Von is cleared to you?

Also,

my first post was literally
    ???

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Von is not cleared but I believe him to be town.
    He just deserves his own special colour.

Sorry I was missing an s .. i already explaining what i disliked about your early postS.
    Look at my iso if you want to read it again.

---------- Post automerged at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

i should read before i post ..
    *i already explained*

.. that's what happens when you write while busy doing other things.

18. TallDarkStranger

TallDarkStranger Fourth Year

High Score:
    Oh, Jan, flattery will get you everywhere.

Y'know, all the gay guys I've used it around know me well enough to me I don't mean any shade on them, and that it's really just a replacement word for asshole.

But then dudes on this forum don't, so I'll say it outright - my use of the word has nothing to do with the fact that anyone is gay. Nor does them being gay matter to me at all.

I'll go with asshole in the future.

---------- Post automerged at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Honestly, I'm not seeing why you have an issue with it, Jan. It's not about people here, not about gay people.

If you read that post and can do context, you can tell I'm incensed about something and that something has nothing to do with anyone being gay.

---------- Post automerged at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

I stand by my original response though. I think if using 'fag' will dampen play, I won't.

That's all, folks.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't think your usage of the word has anything to do with you being actively homophobic, or at least it doesn't have to be.

There is a big difference between using words with your close friends and in front of people who don't know you.

You still use a derogatory term for gay as replacement for something you dislike.
    You might not mean it as anything harmful, but it is still disrespectful at the very least.

Just try not using words like that and we are fine.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Is it this?

Cuz if it is, then I've already mentioned that I'm not trying to emulate my townplay with any respects, I'm more making fun of my townplay in the last two games I played in an attempt to get away from it.

Is my play different from previous towngames? Yes.
    Is that me being scum? No, it's me trying to play better. Trying being the key word.

---------- Post automerged at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------
    Newcomb

What exactly is Snowvon's town game then? o.o