1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmmm. Depending on the answer to this it just spun me into a lot of tinfoil worlds.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

When I say "decided," I mean it was discussed outside of a game on FS.

Dunno if it's "official" though.

3. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Citrus. Clarification pls.

I still want to lynch Slip. This doesn't make him any less scum than Kai in WH14. And despite mentioning it, he hasn't consolidated yet. Like he needs to wait to see how people feel about his activation. That's scummy when votes are so scattered so close to EoD.

I would like to strangle Jan. No more giving excuses for mechanics on day2 please. Newcomb /didn't/ need a life tonight for really freakin obvious reasons, Slip didn't have a significant enough wagon to force a claim (even if his turns out to be the only main one on scum), it was your discussion that made him soft in the first place, and it wasn't like Slip was going to get nk'd before he could activate, either because he /is/ scum or because he's a plausible mislynch.

Jan, do you plan to move off me, or are you going to campaign for it? You've done plenty of posting without touching thr most important topic of the day.

Same to Koalas.

Miner, do you want any say in who your counterwagon is? Currently you aren't influencing anybody where you are.

Typhon, I don't think owner is happening toDay. Most of the latest support for owner seems to have somebody else they want first, and more people that feel the same. Join one of those groups pls.

4. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I am back for a while then a nap so I can be awake for End of Day.

I have three people I can give the life to today which is myself , miner or newcomb.

I could have saved myself I guess but I doubt the witches target me tonight so it's a waste using it like that.

I could save miner but even if he is not a witch his information on who is the priest/not priest is not useful.

So it comes down to newcomb as someone who can give us useful information and is a target for witch kill power if he is a citizen.

I have spent the last two game cycles passively role hunting so I could give the extra life to one of my citizen reads while not making them out for everyone else to see it which is frustrating.

I was tempted to just directly ask for that information but who in their right mind is going to answer "Excuse me what role are you ? I am asking for no particular reason. "

I also made the decision early enough so people have time to discuss it before the frantic fervor of End Of Day sets in where we scramble around deciding who to vote on.

I want it to not be me who is one of those targets but this game is not the greatest example of my citizen play forum wise so I can understand why people could be suspicious of me.

I counter claim Jan's day one Priest claim! Get Wrecked Jan because I am never rescinding my claim. ;)

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

I also realized waiting for Snowvon to give me an answer on what he thinks of newcomb today has to filter through his many layers of protective laziness so it wouldn't happen until a day three cycle.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Still think he's town.

Were you looking for a specific line of thought?

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Slip, you still haven't moved you vote. Do that.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Mechanics clarification: If an Apprentice chooses to follow in the footsteps behind a role that subsequently dies, they become that role for all role-related action purposes - they are effectively that role (Gravedigger or Judge) in the eyes of Assassinations, Nursings, etc.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Shockingly, I don't really know whats happening.

9. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    And none of that explains why you had to use your ability toDay, or why you decided to use your ability without asking town first.

And the most important thing is that your extra life go to somebody that is town, not that it goes to somebody with a strong role. Did you consider waiting till later in the game and then nursing a green check.

As is, your long block of text that is concerned with justifying your power use, but strangely isn't concerned with talking about your strong town read on Newcomb reads as complete bunk to me.

Give me your reads list.

---------- Post automerged at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Tom, we're either no longer playing a no flip game and winning hard enough the scum team is either lurking out the day or getting desperate.

Or we're in the process of losing to a bold scum gambit.

Lynching slip covers both of those worlds.

---------- Post automerged at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Does anybody think both Miner and Slip are town? Because somebody thay thinks so is the only kind of person that has any reason to be on a wagon elsewhere. I'm vetoing any additional claims, which means vetoing any other possible lynch targets.

10. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I just wanted to know if you thought he was a witch or a citizen so it's good it was citizen. This is the first time I have been a protective role ever in forum while living as being dead and an angel doesn't count.

11. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Slip, who are you lynching? Me? Miner? A completely different wagon you'll build with your own two hands?

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    What happened to trying to lynch me, thug?

13. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    That can happen toMorrow if we're both still alive.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also, I will be at work during deadline.

So no CFD headaches for me.

15. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Can you help me resolve the current "no consolidation" headache before you leave?

What do you think that says about the current wagons?

16. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    When did I EVER say I had a hard Citizen read on him ? What are you talking about ? Are you just making things up to see what sticks ? The people I am reading as Citizens are the one I went to excluding Koalas and the other people have already made their opinions clear except you.

I find it fascinating you try to make a case for me using my power too early between the two other people whose roles I know as a distraction near end of day 8 hours or so before that happens while also complaining I haven't consolidated my vote.

You do not control the City or who decides to claim or not claim even though I personally agree no one else should claim today. I would have loved to give the extra life to one of my town reads which I have already explained but that means they have to out which I think is personally bad.

Are you just mad that you can't kill newcomb tonight ?

17. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    1. No seriously, move your vote
    2. Why would you nurse somebody you don't have a hard townread on? Do you like losing to scum teams with extra lives? You're trying to have your cake and eat it too here. If you nursed Newcomb, you have a townread on him. Trying to say otherwise is wasting our time. Unless you're now going to say that we should spend 2 days lynching him sometime in the future?
    3. If you would have loved to give your life to somebody you had a stronger townread on, why didn't you wait till tomorrow? Or possibly the day after that. Using your power toDay makes 0 sense unless you think Newcomb is town and in danger of dying toNight (which, oh wait, he wasn't)

Are you trying to build up to voting me? Get it out of the way. It would have been far more convincing if you had done so before the nurse activation, for reasons I already gave.

However, you have a hard townread on Newcomb. Maybe you should listen to him instead and lynch miner?

---------- Post automerged at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Oh, and I do control the town because I'm angry!obvtown!mal right now.

Please either change tacks and convince me you're town, or dig your hole even deeper.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Angry: yes
    obvtown: no

Probably town though

19. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    What do you think of Slip's "Guys, Newcomb could still be scum . . . but don't worry, I gave him an extra life"?

Like, I could totally see a town!Slip nursing right here based on Jan's bad advice. But I can't see a town!Slip explaining himself in the manner he is right now?

While I can totally see a scum!slip trying to nurse town!newcomb as a get out of jail free card, figuring that they can deal with that later and I can definitely see a scum!slip nursing scum!Newcomb, but then trying to worthlessly get some distance in, despite his mechanical play.

20. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    So mallorean_thug in other words you ignored everything I wrote in the thread is what you are really saying here then declared things I haven't said to be the things I have said. Ok I have got it now.

I don't do omgus votes but I will move my vote to someone who can die today and is likely a witch. People making demands at me brings out the worst of my contrary nature for your personal information. People who declare I have said something which I haven't said annoy me. You have managed to do both which is fairly talented.