1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

If owner is town, I'm going back to Rob.

After that, I'd honestly have no idea who it could be. /Maybe/ mal? He's certainly more than competent enough to fake the "yelling about votes" part of his town meta, because I've noticed that's like. Your one (?) stated reason for townreading him.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That and the IK thing. But yeah it's been bugging me that he most "real" he's felt has been mechanical bitching about votes and stuff.

By the way, I still need replacements for my hydra game. Currently in N3 for 24 hours. Anyone want to do me a solid? You don't have to be a hydra, you can just go solo. It's like 700 posts maybe?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No questions for me?

I'm bored.

Though I guess I don't need jumpstarted. I'm just happily moving up the postcount rankings.

---------- Post automerged at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

I could probably join your game, but I've got deadlines this weekend already.

4. Newcomb

Who's your favorite Power Ranger?

---------- Post automerged at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Or I guess you could talk about your Kalas read, if you want to be boring.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Tommy. Obviously.

I had the gloves that made karate chop noises when you squeezed your thumb and "go go power rangers" when you crossed your wrists.

---------- Post automerged at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

I don't have a particularly strong feeling about koalas. He's said some stuff that pinged me, but I don't actually see a scum mindset in his pushes.

Basically, while he's agreeing with me about owner I'm cool with him. I'll have to seriously look at how he came to that point eventually, but I ran out of steam.

6. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Why that role in particular?

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Newcomb Independently I do think the first quoted post reads well. But taken in context of Day 1 it's really showing of owner's self awareness and awareness of others self awareness which are null-y mindsets at best to me. The second quote looks good in hindsight but rereading there was sufficient time to discuss people suggesting Vira and for distancing to commence. Gut feel is owner was playing to last in the game. Two reasons a player does that and her actions toDay discount one of them.

Slip is mafia with you, you are mafia with Slip. I do find his posting scummy, the interplay with you and Vira is just.. frustrating from that viewpoint. And I really can't see that Nurse play as w/v. If owner flips town I'm going to have to accept bizarro world and throw association assumptions out the window.

8. Newcomb

Obviously. Green Ranger, then White Ranger after season 2.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    This I'm fairly curious about.

10. Newcomb

Because if you are, we need a Judge claim to lynch you and I'd rather that not be a thing we try to scramble for on a Sunday when like 2-3 people are dealing with a hurricane.

IMO you should claim if you're Priest, Survivalist, Fanatic who's been notified of a check, or DoB.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote
    Vote Kalas

Hey villagers, here's a fun exercise: go through Kalas' ISO and count how many times he

1. calls anyone scum
    2. tries to figure out if anyone is scum
    3. has any scumreads of his own that he's actively pursuing instead of pondering hypothetical possibilities

If your number is somehow higher than three (and I'm being really generous here), citations will be needed.

---------- Post automerged at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

I might just go ahead and accept that owner doesn't have a care in the world and this makes her a villager. Especially if Newcomb is town and Vira really was scum.

Because losing a buddy and continuing to la-di-da all over the thread would be ??? I dunno.

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Is the survivalist usually a witch most games?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Other options include lynching Newcomb, to 100% guarantee we've gotten at least one Witch.

;)

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Even with how fun that sounds, I'd feel more lost than I already am with the gravedigger out of the picture.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Major change for day 2 though.

16. Newcomb

I mean. No more or less than any other non-Holy role?

17. Koalas

High Score:
    See Newcomb's post for the.. fairly obvious explanation?

---------- Post automerged at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I think I've been fairly clear where my reads lie. I'm just in this wonderful position of game sense telling me one thing and mechanical information telling me another with zero way to confirm one way or the other.

About as ??? as being Town and dithering the Day away? Apathetic scum makes a lot more sense then apathetic town in context.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Remind me of your reads, then?

---------- Post automerged at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Like I see no solid stances on who's scum from your POV.

That smells.

---------- Post automerged at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Also if other people wanna chime in here, that'd be cool, too.

19. Koalas

High Score:
    Slip and owner I find independently scummy. The main issue being I can't see Slip w/w with Vira and I can't see Slip w/v with Newcomb.

On the other hand I can't see town!owner being this apathetic ever so that's something.

I also didn't like mal's entrance but the Day end made up for it imo.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

tom and Jan are up for reread toNight, to be filtered through Owner's flip.

---------- Post automerged at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I know my activity hasn't been stellar but I feel like I've been upfront about those points (minus the tom/Jan one. That's recent).

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Koalas, why are you not voting for owner?