1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Survivalist? Priest? Same Difference. Yeah, I'm priest. Come at me Tommy Boy.

Newcomb, I dislike you for bringing up which roles should claim. Ever since Tom and Snowvon placed votes on me earlier today, I've been planning on claiming if I was still in the lead vote wise when there's about 24 hours left in the day phase. We are roughly there.
    tom, the game state isn't looking the best. I checked the Waco Kid night 1, to my surprise he end up dead. You and fonti had both voted on him day 1. I was checking him to see if I needed to protect him or not on the next day. As anyone who may or may not have been looking for role hints from me, I did not leave any reference points or bread crumbs on day 2 saying that I checked Waco. Though if you rereaded day 2, you'll fine that I am looking into the Waco kill fairly a lot. Or I was bringing up peoples names who had pushed against Waco the day before.

I did consider checking Miner. To be honest, yes, I was maybe a little opportunistic in my push against Miner, which I might feel a little bit guilt for as he was starting to get through to me near the end of the day yesterday.

But in my mind it always came back to "what good is an alive inquisitor when you then instead have a dead priest on your hands?" So yeah, that might have been a selfish push from me, but I didn't have hardly anywhere else to go. If Slippery is witch, I'm going to be reeling and mad at myself for trusting him in the first place.

Last night, I was going back and forth between checking Slippery and Snowvon, as both have been brought up as possible connections to Vira. I ended up checking Snowvon when pretty much everyone was reading him town, and going off my last check Demons had no reason to think I would check someone that I was reading as town. So I'm pretty sure that Snowvon is town. So I was laughing a bit when Snowvon voted for me today.

Also, Snowvon, I was flipping out when you claimed to be my acolyte on day 1. I was thinking is this the right setup list roles? Basically, am I punked? I was freaking out. I had to tell myself that it was probably just a reaction test, but none the less, I'm pretty sure I avoided commenting that post or if I did I tried to play it off.

For example, today when tom was like I probably shouldn't say this but the only world this makes sense is if you are the priest and you checked me.

I played off Tom's comment by making a joking remark that was actually true of me. I have pressured my own cops in mafia games before.

So how the game plays out from here:

If the pagan activates tonight or tomorrow, I will potentially be able to get 2 checks in. If the Waco Kid, scum or one of the people who's busy having to deal with the hurricane, I'll only get one more check.

If Mal kills me, I would like you to promise to policy lynch him.

Also, if the pagan is alive and activates, I want to know who to check.

Mostly, I guess I've been dodging between who I think they are going to night kill and who I think demon(s) is(are) going to be haunting.

After Waco Kid not surviving, I guess I was afraid to check Koalas because he was kind of in the same boat as Waco Kid from my prior reads.

Like I said, I was going back and forth between investigating Slippery and Snowvon last night. Investigating Slippery felt like the correct play because of there being 4 votes on him yesterday, but my mind felt that no matter what the result might be I would be more inclined to doubt it as I was thinking that was too obvious and too correct of a play to make.

I was thinking Mal was most likely the survivalist and using a kill on himself. I had forgotten they had illusionary kills.

I guess there's a few more things I need to ask about how some of the role mechanics play out.

Yes, there's only two votes on me, but I can't count on any of the other players magically coming to my rescue or what not. If I was on my homesite and knew the players a bit better, yeah maybe I would have talked this out more.

Today, where I said that I'd reevaluate on Tom or Newcomb is a cop check came out on them was specifically placed there in case I lived through the day, but didn't live through the night so town would know without a doubt that I did not check either one of them.

I could go into a greater explanation about why I didn't check certain people or what not. But at this point, that might be more beneficial to the witch team.

Also, if any witch feels the desire to counter claim, I won't be mad. I savor the pleasure of getting to lynch you personally.

Yes, in some ways, I wasn't fearful of death, but I knew that I could always claim.

It may not be the best idea to say this, but I thought tom was like judge or dob.

Also yesterday when we were voting off miner, I kept looking at the vote count when it was like 3, 2, 1 were how the wagons looked. If tom or newcomb moved over onto me, then the judge could have their pick without me getting to claim, which also kind of frightening since I hadn't left any clear distinction of what I had done in the night.

Maybe, I'm going overboard with this explanation. But I think this summarizes it pretty well.

Sorry that I wasn't a better cop/priest. I'm just trying to live to get another check. Yeah, maybe I should be doing more solving in the thread, but I do have a life as well that takes priority.

If you still want to lynch me, I don't know what else I can really say that would persuade you one way or another.

And if anyone comes in here who was afk or away from the thread and tries to tell me that I shouldn't have claimed there. My response would probably be "you can just suck it." I can't bank on someone being here to save the day. I can't bank on the pagan being alive or being townsided. I'm just doing what I can that is right by me, and trying to win this game.

Sorry if my checks are that bad. I'm just freaking paranoid, and I guess I have been hiding it well.

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

^ TL;DR

A. I'm the priest.
    B. Get your freaken votes me.
    C. Now that I've said that, the people who were voting for me and everybody else, who are we lynching today?
    D. Pagan if your town and alive, I would prefer if you do in fact read the big post.
    E. Witches feel free to counter claim me.

---------- Post automerged at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

In case it wasn't clear,

The Waco Kid and Snowvon both came back as Town.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not gonna lie, the pressure you felt to stay alive can be as much a cop tell as a scum tell.
    Your read of me still makes no god damn sense, but I guess you do get to see me throw my weight elsewhere now so that should be fun.

unvote
    I'll prolly just move to slippery, but I'll think about koalas too.

---------- Post automerged at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Also terrible checks, but it seems like you know that.

---------- Post automerged at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Anyone want to CC?

3. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Very true on both accounts

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Holy shit that's a wall.

But I'm glad I came around to townreading you before the reveal, for max towncredz. ;)

---------- Post automerged at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

I barely remember who's alive.

town!Newcomb world:

TDS
    Waco
    miner

Snowvon
    owner

Newcomb
    mal r Kai

tom
    Typhon r font

Jan
    Slip
    Koalas

Vira

In scum!Newcomb worlds, he may or may not be telling the truth. Eh? I dunno, it feels like a lot to juggle. I hate building worlds.

Regardless, wagons should be Koalas/Slip. I want to see them dance.

mal should post more, especially about what he's thinking w/r/t his shot.

---------- Post automerged at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Lesse. Roles.

TDS > Loose Cannon
    Waco > confirmed not Survivalist/DOB/odd!Gambler/Fanatic
    miner > Inquisitor
    Snowvon > ???
    owner > Priest
    Newcomb > GD!Apprentice
    mal r Kai > Hunter
    tom > ???
    Typhon r font > ???
    Jan > ???
    Slip > spent!Nurse
    Koalas > ???
    Vira > Gravedigger

Unclaimed: Survivalist, DOB, Fanatic, Judge, Gambler, Pagan, Spiritualist

Still alive for sure: Survivalist, DOB

---------- Post automerged at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Gonna walk to the store right quick, and then maybe drag Kalas through the mud.

We'll see how I'm feeling.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    vote slippery

Change my mind bb.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That's fine too.

What's your actual read on Koalas, tho. Pre-reread.

7. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    My power has went out multiple times today. In fact, My whole city went dark for an hour tonight which was really weird to drive through. Before it all goes black again I am ok killing between my two witch reads Koalas and Typhon.

Vote Koalas

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    TBH, I know I was scumreading koalas for some posts but they didn't really stick in my memory.
    I may have spent too much time tunneling owner.

My towncircle is like
    newcomb
    jan
    von
    thug
    and i guess owner now.

So two scum in slippery/koalas/typh seems like a good place to be.

9. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I counter claim Owner for fun. Stop fake claiming my role as a Religious Leader. I think the Waco check is good as that's who I thought about checking if I had the misfortune of rolling Religious Leader again.

The Snowvon check is moderately bad because now he has even more excuses to indulge in his laziness. I was an ok check even though you still have to factor in Vira's influence where you check at.

You should check who you want tonight owner since I have no idea what a Priest does on a day three. Which Is more value to go for at this point in the game a green or a red check ?

---------- Post automerged at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I will now write a long drawn out post which will convince tom I am town. Unfortunately if I do that he won't read it so my efforts will be in vain so instead I will say my alignment is town. It has been town all game and hasn't changed at all even if my day one cycle was awful.

Why are you town Tom ?

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

As part of my anti hovering campaign I will now go off to do other things in the hope the power stays on. This really means my friend Sleep is tapping me on my shoulder telling me I should go to sleep. I did manage to stay up 2 hours later than normal which yes means I have been asleep at 8 pm est every night for the past two weeks.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I anxiously await you doing something townie.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And there's the other reason for the survival oriented play + the apathy. Waiting on CC's but I doubt we'll see one. Now.. does anyone at all think Waco was Priest.. and I think Fanatic claims here as well.

---------- Post automerged at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Yeah.. fanatic definitely claims.

12. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Sorry I haven't been around.

Day3 vote SlipperyAxII

---------- Post automerged at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

I would like the Spritualist to claim and immediately activate and look at Vira's card.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh right, that's what the Spiritualist does.

I have completely forgotten how the Pagan works.

---------- Post automerged at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Just kidding, remembered Kai posted the ruleset.

14. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I started spinning up "what if owner is scum?!!" worlds for a moment before I reread her post. Even with the easily faked checks, there's no way that comes from scum.

Also, now that we're in claim city, I'd like to mention that it would be very sad if we lynched the scum DOB and got me revenge killed before I can shoot tonight. So that's our tiebreaker to decide which person is getting lynched and which person is getting shot. We're lynching the one that isn't the DOB.

---------- Post automerged at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

So lynch Slip, shoot Koalas would only lose to some Newcomb/tom/Typhon world. Do we believe in that? I don't think I do? I think the paranoia world I believe in is more like Newcomb/slip/tom.

---------- Post automerged at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Von, if you're endorsing my spiritualist plan, you should explicitly say so. Town consensus on mechanical stuff is important.

Spiritualist, maybe you believe Newcomb 100% and think checking Vira is a waste. Even if you think its a waste, it would be very reassuring to those of us that are still wavering. And if you still think that isn't convincing, think a moment about what else you can do. You could check Waco's card. That would help confirm owner's claim, but doesn't confirm it 100% (because in scum!newcomb worlds, vira could have been the priest). But checking waco's card doesn't potentially tell us something new about alignments because he's always town.

Your other option would be not claiming at all, to help facilitate the scum possibly bouncing another kill and not finding the judge. That would also be fine, but I'd really prefer to confirm, deny, or narrow down scum!Newcomb worlds before I take my shot. Like, in the paranoia world, even if we manage to get 1 scum between the lynch and my shot, that would still put town at 2 in 6 tomorrow while Newcomb has an extra life. Even worse, if I hit a scum!DOB in the night, we'd be at 2 in 5 tomorrow. Even with double protect, that would be a hard hill to climb.

While if you find that Vira isn't the scum!gravedigger, we can resolve that right away. Lynch + my shot takes care of Newcomb, or we could continue the massclaim and decide if we're trusting the judge or not. And if you find that Newcomb is town, we can either ignore this paranoia, or know that Newcomb scumteams also include you.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I endorse mal in everything he does.

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Wouldn't Fanatic also be still alive for sure because I investigated Waco the same night he died or would not my check give him an extra life when they have targeted him for a kill already?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I remember asking that question in the past, and the answer I got was if a Fanatic is checked the same Night they're killed, the kill would bounce.

---------- Post automerged at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Oh, which means the Fanatic is still alive. You're right.

18. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Also, everybody should also be voting on who I should shoot. Maybe format it like this:

Hunter: Koalas

I really will follow town consensus on this, because I think power roles should be subordinate to town.
    owner: Sorry, demons means that we shouldn't give you advice. Like, even with the possible threat of pagan activation, we shouldn't influence you for if that doesn't or can't happen. You should be aiming for a green check on somebody in the lynch pool, or getting a read on somebody that you'd be paranoid forever about otherwise.

---------- Post automerged at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Unless scum trashed it N0.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Am I the only person the is confused about typhon?!

I just read all of his d2 post.
    The fact that he only pushed on now confirmed town is one thing, but the most important thing is this :
    He asked me later as well. The question here is - why is he interested in other peoples list in case they die in the night, but does not spend any thoughts on giving a list himself?!

The first thought when asking for a list like that would be to give a list yourself.

Owner is by the way likely real because
    a. unless there is a counterclaim the other option is waco (or she is scum with newcomb)
    b. the save on mal would make sense because owner was a very unlikely nightkill last night (3-5 people wanted her dead), which makes sense if either owner is the priest or the priest was waco.
    someone like von, mal & tom as priest would have been saved by the angels or at least more likely been saved.

People talk to me about typhon, please.

---------- Post automerged at 05:36 ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 ----------

So if the claims are town then :

Owner, Snowvon, Mal town.
    Newcomb or vira scum.

Leaves two scum in the remaining 5 :
    Fontisian -> Typhon
    Jan
    Koalas
    Tom
    SlipperyAxII

Slippery & Koalas are not together because of the way they interacted pushed on d1.

From my position (knowing that I am town) the witches are :
    Vira or Newcomb / Typhon or Tom / Slippery or Koalas (if those two or both town then the other on between Typhon and tom is scum as well).

Thoughts about this?!

Everyone should agree that if mal owner and von are town, then we have always at least 1 scum between typhon tom and myself.
    (unless you believe koalas + slip is a world, which i do not)

---------- Post automerged at 05:41 ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 ----------

Worlds :
    Vira / Typhon / Koalas
    Vira / Typhon / Slippery
    Vira / Typhon / Tom

Vira / Tom / Koalas
    Vira / Tom / Slippery

people who do not trust me have to add those 4 worlds:
    Vira / Jan / Typhon
    Vira / Jan / Tom
    Vira / Jan / Koalas
    Vira / Jan / Slippery

Those are the 5 worlds. 2x if you include scum!Newcomb worlds (just replaced Vira with Newcomb, rest stays the same).

If people have reasons to strike any worlds for a reason, let me know ("Hi, I am town." is not a valid reason)

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, I know.