1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

We need to think about what a massclaim will get us here. The downside is if we do this we're basically guaranteeing all NKs from now on - Angels will be effectively neutered.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ah, shit, I had it wrong. I thought it was outnumbered, it's outnumbered plus parity. So if the world last night actually was town Jari / witch tom, we'd see fonti only take the one shot since Jari wouldn't be able to protect through the Haunt. That's annoying. Still, it does at least guarantee that Jari/tom does have at least 1 witch.

2. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I think we need to see if there is a hunter and UT claim before making any plans of massclaim today.

3. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

I would find it very unlikely that the witch in the grouping doesn't Haunt fonti last night.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait hold on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No you're right, Newcomb. I guess my inexperience with Witchhunt is showing. One in jari/tom.

This does mean that shadow is probably just town in 95% of worlds doesn't it? I sound like I'm stating the obvious and feeling new but I am new and I need to find my footing in this setup.

4. Newcomb

What's the point of having a Hunter claim? Like. Hunter shot manasi. That really doesn't tell us anything about the Hunter's alignment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Disquieted @muzjik

Can I get a link to each of your most recent town / wolf games? Might or might not want to actually dive into them, but it would be nice to have them.

5. Umami

Umami Squib

My suspicion list is (in no particular order): Cobalt, Kai, MPlus, Dels, and Fluff.

So I think Dels made a good point about Cobalt's earlier reads. I think he played a bit like he had knowledge and was trying to hedge in a certain way but then had to change tactics. Granted, he isn't who I would advocate for a next kill, but if we have a couple false kills then would go to the top of my kill list.

Dels has been engaged in the game in what seems to be a townie way but has been way too nice to me for me not to be suspicious lol

Kai hasn't posted much so no idea, but trust fonti's read and willing to kill Kai today.

I think Manasi is confirmed red so we should wait to kill her to prevent last stand. There's nothing she can do right now except give us more info about her partner

--- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

6. Newcomb

Like fonti said, it's kind of bad for morale to leave a witch around, and it's certain kind of tacky to manasi personally.

Plus, Last Stand is informational. Yes, it puts the pressure on town to get the last lynch right, but there's a lot of value in knowing you have 3 dead - it lets you rule out a lot of worlds.

7. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

I don't believe I would want to reveal my identity for personal, selfish reasons. You'll find out postgame, if you are so inclined, but if you haven't figured out who I am by the end of today I'm sure you would have no idea in the first place.

That's to say I would reveal if you make enough of a fuss about it, but I like being disquieted for now.

8. Newcomb

@Umami if that's you claiming UT, only out tom's role if he was a witch. If he's town keep it to yourself for now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's relatively annoying, but compared to what else I've had to put up with this game, kind of a drop in the bucket, so whatever.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Is that what that gif meant?

10. Umami

Umami Squib

Tom is scum inquisitor

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    So I'm not at all into wrestling but it was just too perfect that this dude is called The Undertaker

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hey tom is scum

Who could have guessed.

12. Newcomb

Nice. Might just be an easy game after all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: KaiDASH

13. Umami

Umami Squib

So I'm not at all into
    Also, we already know you're a musketeer

14. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

I mean it's not guaranteed that tom is scum but I pretty much expected most of this, except the part where tom is scum. So I'll let it slide.

15. Umami

Umami Squib

Also, we already know you're a musketeer[/QUOTE]
    @Disquieted

16. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

I'm aware. I'm caught up and I'm aware of the gamestate.

17. Newcomb

Vote: KaiDASH
    @Disquieted[/QUOTE]
    He meant his player identity, not his role identity. He's alted up.

18. Umami

Umami Squib

Vote KaiDash

19. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

It's not an alt, really. Alts are banned on DLP, I know that much. I'm an unique user.

I'm marginally amused that I chose this game to be anonymous-ish and we're rolling regardless. No matter.

20. Newcomb

I think with tom being mafia it might actually be better to leave manasi alive. Sorry manasi.

Let me just make sure I'm thinking the claims / info through correctly here.

fonti -> manasi w, font's death proves her role, check was not swapped in 99/100 worlds.
    Muz -> Jarizok w
    Cobalt -> shadow v
    Umami -> tom w

If both Muz and Umami are truthful, that eliminates Cobalt/Shadow as partners, since there wouldn't be room. Cobalt could theoretically be a witch there who greened villager!shadow but yeah no.

Actually, Cobalt/Shadow w/w doesn't jive with even /one/ of the GD/UT claims being wrong, since the other would be truthful and that would still not leave room for both Cobalt and shadow. Like if Muz was lying and Umami was truthful it would have to be manasi/[Jari or tom]/[Muz or Umami]/X, which would still leave only 1 spot open so no Cobalt/Shadow.

So if I'm not making a misstep here then literally only one of those three info claims - GD, UT, Oracle - can be false.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Right but like. I'm assuming one or more people in this game would recognize you if you linked games. My annoyance comes from that asymmetrical information.

But don't worry about it, it's a minor annoyance. If the gamestate was a lot worse for village or the game hadn't started yet I might press the issue, but it's not a big deal here.