1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

LOL!
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'd like to be paranoid and be like "well we don't know the undertaker is town, what if umami is scum and lying" but also idk

Kinda bummed Gemma gone, not really sure how I feel about the game atm

Gonna let Newcomb solve

Kaidash is a maybe yeah

Dunno
    --- Post automerged ---
    like it's pretty lucky for town? if gravedigger, undertaker, priest, and the thing cobalt is, all rolled town?

but uh whatever

2. Umami

Umami Squib

So you changed your mind and now agree to keep manasi around? Why...

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

basically the occam's razor situation where we just assume all claims are above board is that the only suspects left are myself, kaidash, mplus, and fluff?

i won't fight a lynch and yeah idk i think mplus is town, fluff i don't really know but haven't felt scummy, but maybe? and kaidash yeah idk maybe it's recency bias but he's dropped off so maybe
    --- Post automerged ---
    (also it could still be newcomb)

4. Umami

Umami Squib

how much trust do you put in fonti's reads?

5. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

I feel like you need to give a clearer base on those reads, Dels. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, especially with a Newcomb!witch possibility.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Tom was a witch?

Oh my god yes.

I'm so fucking stoked right now.

7. Umami

Umami Squib

Just in case you skimmed over it, at the beginning we cleared newcomb cause he survived a witch's attack, but there was some discussion about whether they would use the illusion kill that early on newcomb

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Is it better to trigger last stand early just to make sure that everything prior is the proper world?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, should we just hardlynch Manasi and move the game to next day without a massclaim, so that witches don't get more information and then once we see last stand we know that the world was Jari/Tom/Manasi/x and we solve from there? Is it better to do that when we have the numbers to survive a few cycles of last stand, or should we fish for the final partner and then as soon as we see last stand we yeet Manasi for the win?

I'm not sure what's the proper mechanical play here. Pls advise.

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Because now the "everyone is telling the truth" gamestate is that we know 3 of the 4 witches, and 2 of them are dead.

That's basically what I'm going back and forth on. I wrote and deleted some words about it because it feels too close to witch-coaching.

I need to think about this for a bit. Also need to think about massclaim. The two are connected-ish, I think?

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Newcomb I feel like there are definitely two options and the factors of them are set in stone.

If we lynch Manasi, we do not massclaim. Claims will only make it easier for last stand to definitely take out 2 people per night, where without them we have chances for saves.

If we don't lynch Manasi, we should massclaim to narrow the playing field for finding her partners because it makes it easier to look at who's telling the truth.

11. Umami

Umami Squib

Yeah, that's just what I thought I said earlier with not wanting to trigger last stand by killing manasi

12. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Didn't skim that much.

I'm aware of this and I'm still not sure why this a problem. It's mixing cause and effect and it was quite frankly strange to read. Just because Newcomb survived a kill does not mean he is mechanically a witch and quite honestly most posts after that involved a distinct amount of confirmation bias.

So, what else is Dels thinking about? Does he have a read that Newcomb is a witch, because this is the first time I've seen this mentioned in a while. These are all questions.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I actually think best mechanical play if we decide to lynch Manasi is to lynch one of Vaimes or Disquieted to narrow the PoE and let the remaining one yeet Manasi when their final Musketeer kill triggers.

I mean I am 95% positive that Vaimes/Gemma are/were both town but I think objectively that's the best?

It's the most optimal for letting the lynch narrow the PoE instead of just lynching someone we already know is a witch.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb pls advise

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Mm. That seems about right, yeah.

I'm not really seeing what great benefit we'd get out of a massclaim other than like... being able to Judgelynch people and holding the DOB/LC accountable for their shots. That kind of matters less in this gamestate. And the downside is that Last Stand is going to take out 2 people a night guaranteed.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Meh. Not crazy about plans that point KP at people we think are town. For the obvious reasons, and also because once you start putting out the mindset that lynching town is acceptable for mechanics/info, people are going to want to do that in the name of certainty over just like, lynching wolfy people. Basically it opens the door to unforced errors, as we saw in WitchHunt 5 where fonti and I convinced people to have the judge kill a town survivalist and have the Hunter aimed at someone and use the Angels as a cop check and shit.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Actually, I'd prefer if ONLY Gambler and Survivalist claimed.

If both are claimed by people who are not Newcomb, we have our last witch.

I see no flaws with this plan.

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Bssed on the claims so far, there are currently only 4 people that scum don't have the roles for if I'm correct. (6 if you count the two musketeers)

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It also narrows Manasi's role and lets us speculate which survival role(s) the witches have and thus which ones are town.

18. Umami

Umami Squib

I mean, DOB is still out there so better to just kill an actual suspect and hope that if they're town there's at least a chance they're DOB and can take manasi down with them

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

WAIT

GUYS

I think I just solved the game

oh my god

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

No, its always correct to kill DoB at LYLO/MYLO.