1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

votes etc.

shadow (4): Dels, fluff, Newcomb, Vaimes
    MP7 (1): shadow

2. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Few things I want to concentrate on when I get back here:

- Vaimes is right, but we can take it one step further. If Newcomb isn't a witch, Newcomb fading a kill is literally the only way that witches could have failed their kill, and Newcomb would have had to choose Odd (though my understanding is a village Gambler always chooses odd anyways). Personally I'm not of the opinion that witches decided to push Newcomb for that, it's a very bizarre move that a witch with too much information would even try to approach either way. My guess is they would be thinking too much about how dumb their kill got faded, not on pushing a fake kill world. I guess I could see witch!fluff's approach to it but I really don't think Vaimes brings that out right now, unprompted. It would've been on his mind for a long time and on instinct if he was a witch he would have either tried to avoid mentioning it or mention it immediately.

-
    I've alluded to this before but these are very strange ways to townread your partners and his inevitable progressions are also out of the ordinary for any sort of towncred purposes. There's no saving here, no attempts to save his partners after townreading them. it's incongruent.

That's my Vaimes thoughts out of the way. Uh, I guess I'll keep posting as the day wears on. Few other things I want to cover, though I haven't been posting as of late mainly because I've been waiting for shadow content, which is not forthcoming.
    --- Post automerged ---
    These posts were made very close to each other. According to the thread, anyways, I'm not sure how timestamps work on DLP. They're about two posts away from each other.

You'll notice that tom, uh, gives a very contradictory read on Dels. I don't think this is necessarily a bad read on Dels, or that they're partners, but it's a awkward segue into talking about shadow.

You'll notice he keeps talking about it. In fact, in this post, he becomes somewhat confused, trying to give reasons to townread them, especially shadow. It's strange.

Perhaps I'm retreading Dels' case that he made on Day 2. I hope you'll forgive me if I am.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So I looked over this very briefly and found an answer.

From my memory tom was doing anything but lynching Jarizok or shadowlancer. Perhaps it would have been better had he tried lynching Vaimes, but from a very stiff perspective of tom's his readlist didn't really follow that, given he put both shadow and Jari lower. Maybe. Maybe not.

Manasi wasn't around for a long time, and when she did pop in, the lynch had already been mostly decided, and she still voted shadow anyways as a joke.

Manasi's behaviour in general is very witch-like behaviour, but the most egregious issue is that Manasi didn't seem to really care about the end of day. In general the only reason such behaviour happens if both wagons are aligned with each other.

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

My case for what? I do believe that all those tom posts show that tom should be suspicious of Shadow and yet conveniently never votes him or pushes him besides light shade and/or ranking him low-ish. If that's what you're referring to.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I kind of agree that "I'm undecided on Manasi. Liked her at first but there seems to be heavy disagreement there, ripperooni." should really, really not be how a scum reads their partner.

This reminds me of... who was it that I asked for a read on someone and they just said "Whether or not they are scum remains to be seen."? Was that something someone said about Shadow...? I can't remember anymore.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, it was Cobalt, that's what I thought.

I said it was TWTBAW, and the same thing sort of applies to if Vaimes just "quietly without reason" puts his buddies into his towncircle or that Manasi quote

4. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Yep.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lynch Shadow
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can we just hammer please I'm over it tbh
    --- Post automerged ---
    @M Plus 7 @Disquieted Pretty sure shadow is always the lynch today because a witch judge could ruin numbers for us toMorrow, so we should get that over with.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

a votal

shadow (5): Dels, fluff, Newcomb, Vaimes, Cobalt

With 8 alive, it is 5 to soft Lynch and 7 to hard Lynch.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  7. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Someone else check in and say to hammer, I’ll post my vote via mobile. I strongly dislike quickhammering on principle.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait. 8 to hard lynch? What?

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

...Can we make that 7 to hard lynch please?

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It should be 7, hard lynch is alive players -1.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Was probably just a typo on Miner’s end. We should treat 7 votes as a hammer.
    --- Post automerged ---
    But we need M Plus to show up and vote shadow if we want that to happen.

Unless he’s willing to just vote himself. Lol
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually, I think we won the game

If it’s not Shadow and we no lynch tomorrow, with maximum kills I end up in F3 with Newcomb and the last witch unless they burn extra kills on him which would give us better numbers and more chances to trim the PoE anyway.

Lmao.

Like if they leave Newcomb alone with his odd night and extra life tankiness, they put us in F3 where we lynch me and I blow up the person who isn’t Newcomb.

And if they burn more kills to kill him then we have more wiggle room anyway.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @shadowlancerx

Be a dear and self-vote for me please, darling.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

shadow doesn't believe in self-voting.

11. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Except in the case of ending the game (which I did the last game I played here.)
    But no, I’m not going to self vote.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Oh. What do you mean? Lol. I assume you mean re: the vote? I just was willing to feel out a universe in which it could be you, but I wasn't overly feeling it, and I was feeling it even less after your response.

Right now I'm thinking like... 90% chance in my brain it's just shadow, the other 10% are various worlds of paranoia, most of which are occupied by Vaimes, Newcomb, and Dels, but I don't particularly want to satisfy those.

When I made my vote switch to Vaimes, I was more like 70% shadow, 25% Vaimes, 5% generic paranoia, but now I definitely don't feel that way.

I still would like to do some more digging, all of that said.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I've done it before, even if it's not something I do super commonly. If I get caught up in a re-evaluation where I start thinking someone could be more scum than I thought previously, naturally it sometimes follows.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What's the rush exactly though; is there any benefit to waiting until... ~23 hours from now?
    --- Post automerged ---
    is there NOT any benefit*, or whatever.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean, I can't see myself and the game in general doing anything other than voting shadow, but I absolutely despise hammering by principle unless there's a very specific compelling reason to do so.

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm okay with a hammer or just riding out deadline, but I'm pretty much done generating new thoughts this phase unless someone's got a real corker.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Don't bite me I was just copying from daystart I didn't even read it :[

shadow (5): Dels, fluff, Newcomb, Vaimes, Cobalt

With 8 alive, it is 5 to soft Lynch and 7 to hard Lynch.

15. Dels

Dels Muggle

Impatience

Also like Newcomb said, nothing new is going to happen

16. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Yeah, I get it. I just thought I would like to do some more looking even if it would be a total waste of time I guess. Hmmmm. I'll mull over it.

17. Dels

Dels Muggle

Well, if you think you'll add something new, then that is your right. Don't worry about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I honestly didn't realize it's <24 hours. This day went fast? Or just busier week lol

18. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Vote: shadow

I'll be honest, I would like to do more but I have to be fair to myself and say that I'm prolonging things for the sake of the inevitable, I'm not doing more work today.

I have a few concerns with shadow's posting today in terms of "could he be a villager", but, yeah. I don't have enough effort to talk about it.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I mean, we technically HAVE to lynch Shadow, mechanically.

I’m still looking forward to sticking my tongue out at you all for being right.

20. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

We don't have to mechanically lynch a villager if we can lynch a witch instead. Both sides of the criteria are important though.