1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Well, I'm townreading Jarizok because of how relaxed he's been I guess. Nothing spectacular. My two concerns are his scumread on Vaimes (216), which feels a little weak for his standards. I don't think it's out of the ordinary for him to have a scumread on someone, then ISO them and flip his read, but the way he did it didn't feel super like how he usually does that. I haven't really identified why it feels off other than it lacks some of the more Jari-like thoughts that I'm used to from him. The other concern I have is that his open-mindedness or whatever could just be a scum thing, you know the old "changing my playstyle yada yada" that scum use as cover sometimes, but that's mostly paranoia.

2. Umami

Umami Squib

Thank you

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

fluff made a post about shadow with Newcomb and fonti, that's really the only AI thing he's done I think. Kai has done nothing to be anything but null.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't remember what you asked, I'll look in a sec, might be busy with work for 30ish.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yeah okay. I don't really know how to make any progress on this game then, really. Maybe I'll reread Manasi later and try to judge the reads/progressions more critically.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess what would help me most is for tom to post some concrete stuff, or at least, as concrete as he can. And maybe Vaimes too, I'm a bit lost on what stuff Vaimes actually feels confident about.

And of course stuff from fluff and Kaidash would help.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Can you quote the thing about Vaimes please? I'm hopeless with these new ISOs sorry.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, I can be a little more specific about Jari actually. I've liked the way that he's treated his opinions as something people will hopefully appreciate. Is the reason I originally townread him.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

Uh don't worry about it. The question is just are Vaimes posts towny or not? Are they thoughts that he has as town or can he fake them?

7. Umami

Umami Squib

Manasi may be a little sketch--like in refusing to have a strong read on dels, but since I am now refusing to have a strong read on Manasi I empathize. She also makes a good point that this game format doesn't naturally facilitate her normal play style--no idea what her normal play style is, but I emphathize. Ultimately her push to not read dels now because alignment will be obvious later doesn't make sense to me, but I already admitted I was voting dels and I don't know how to read dels early or alter. Saying dels would be stilted/constrained if witch and will look for that behavior in future, just sort of sets up dels to go ham and then automatically be read as not a witch. Retraction of Gemma town read and slight antagonism with Gemma seems natural enough, certainly different compared to minor opposition to dels.

Tldr I don't know about Manasi but definitely would be on the bottom half of my list
    --- Post automerged ---
    https://media.giphy.com/media/C7Zhcu8Jj9Aha/giphy.gif

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

He's not out of his scum range in the slightest.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay.

9. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

What if indeed. So is that what you’re saying you did? And if so, thoughts?

Can you elaborate more on the newcomb read then? What’s he done that you consider the towniest out of him?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You man the guns, I’ll drive.

10. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Oh, this is semi flipless. Yay.

--- Post automerged ---
    I know how online status works, I choose to leave it on on whatever sites I play on generally. Appreciate the advice though.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Moderator Note:

Per request, day one has been extended by 24 hours.

Day one now ends on Thursday, April 4 at 10:00 PM.

12. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Based on OP, I don't *really* understand the setup. As in, whether the mafia can be any role aside from the holy roles (the priest), if its randomized or if setup spec matters, etc. So I am going to be playing this as a mountainous other than personal role usage until any meaningful results come out, unless you guys want to strongly advise otherwise.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thank you Miner,

and on that note I will start reading.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dislike this. Feels forced.

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

It's randomized.

Treating as vanilla until there's claims is a solid plan.

Would I know you from somewhere? What other sites have you played on?

14. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Page 3: Tom town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    page 5: Jarizok gave a read that sounds like how I give wolf reads, but think he's town anyways.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Page 8 Manasi / Dels / Cobalt / x / x solve. My predecessor called Dels and Cobalt a possible solve in our QT, though he also said Dels is much better at wolf than his play here is so idfk.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Page 8 Manasi / Dels / Cobalt / x / x solve. My predecessor called Dels and Cobalt a
    my predecessor read super townie and font is eh but not a scum read so i'm gonna sideye omgus this

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Gonna need a little more depth than "tom town" and "Jarizok did a wolf thing but I think he's town."

Also, there are 4 witches. Your derpclear application is pending.

16. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Because my role pm is green.

But to segway into what I actually want to say, I just realized Gemma's Nancy I think.

Newcomb also mildly townie.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't know how I feel about you calling 3 of the people I'm fossing townie, hm.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually, Gemma's town I think.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So, we're not supposed to use information about when people are viewing the thread in game here. Having that information and having to then filter it out isn't fun. Please turn it off.

Also, what posts per page are you on? I can't really use what page you're in the catch up when I don't know what the pages mean, haha.

18. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

ruh roh

Alright, kinda lost attention and half skimmed the last few pages, but caught up.

I think Gemma, Newcomb, Umami, Jar, and probably tom town. Don't have any super confident scum, though my vote is going on Dels

[v]Dels[/v]

Vote Dels

not sure how to vote on this site but let us try those two.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Faking deep analysis is very easy. That isn't where good reads come from, ignoring that statistically most people have around random reads regardless.

If you want more analysis from me, you'll get it when I want to case something or defend something. If you have something specific you want to ask my opinion on, shoot. You don't need long thought out posts when I'm just giving shotgun reads. I was told by Proph this site has a very high level of play, which is great, but that doesn't equate to walls and walls of words. See? I just typed more in this post than I have in my iso probably, and it doesn't even really relate to the game. Words are easy.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It isn't actually optional. Please introduce yourself, what site you're from, who you are, etc.

20. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Possibly. I've played at least one game on 451, MU, MS, various video mafia places, Sm, and more. I will say I don't love MU, personally, but that's just me. I don't know anybody in this game except Tammy who isn't a player and Nancy. Oh, and tom / Dels / Manasi sound familiar but don't remember where I'd know their names from.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fair, done.

And fair again, I just checked and I think its 20? Whatever the default is.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Answered this in the above post. I change my name in most communities, so there's nothing to really introduce past that. I don't see why anything more than that helps you sort my alignment.