1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Everything. I prefer simple ones with a couple roles that are more day play oriented, but I've played a lot of mafia.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why is Dels town?

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Boo, boo.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I've even read some of it...

Silver slot still my top town. That was just... how town silver works his way into a game, and he cant replicate it as scum. His questions arent as pointed, his out loud thought onomotopeia (the "hmm"s, the "right"s the "oh"s) arent as natural.
    I'd have liked a bit more of him to lock it in, but it'll do.

Umami next. Seems... fairly obviously town tbh.

Fonti is my next highest. She's gonna hate this but it's a read shamelessly stolen from playing so much with nacho and Tammy...
    Other than a couple "hey babe this suspicion is annoying" type posts she's really letting a gemma read come to her. She'll talk about gemma with others, or talk to gemma about others, but not forcing it and not manipulating.

Current towncore

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Your face when people say your witch game is easy to identify?

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

Look, Cobalt had, like, a post, where he called Newcomb scum, and he was right, so, he's the expert. Y'know?
    --- Post automerged ---
    To clarify for those skimming: This is about a PAST GAME. Not this game! Cobalt in this game hasn't called Newcomb scum!

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Kai seems towny for no good reason.

Liked cobalts early stuff but he sorta devolved after rvs. Shouting that something is so is very scumbalt

Vaimes I'm still weirded tf out by his jari read. Idk if partnery but there's something unsaid there.. liked his response to (token) pressure though.

Jari himself is... meh I'll read jari later

Manasi... ok I sheeped Newcomb read and voted manasi to see if hed join me. He didn't.
    No read on either currently.

Fluff exists.

As does m7, in theory

This is squishy middle

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

My given state in any game is a Schrodinger's read, where it's actually indeterminate until I decide how annoyed I am being wolfread vs. how much of a hit my pride takes in being an easy read.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Dels/shadow/gemma remain.
    Not scumreading any per se, but these are the people putting on a show.

And thats usually my gig.

Can't shake that dels/shadow expositiony/scripted interaction. Still feels w/w to me. Dels has been... better? Shadow had walls against him that i sorta read but a real looking reaction to them about the xenophobic nature of dlp. And Idk they can both be witches sure

Vote gemma
    Though.
    Will explain later

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

Hm, it's true, being all like "omg, ______ is my top townread, and you're voting them! that's so bad! you're a wolf!" is kind of a thing scum like to do. It's very Amrock-ish, tbh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gosh, Shadow, if you're scum, it was very rude of you to throw me those softball questions! Don't drag me down with you!

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Think thats everyone, only other outstanding is people were asking about gemma talking about how I'm easier to read than I think

Didn't know it was copypasta. I've had that same interaction 50 times though, with various people. So its whatever.

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

You didn't know it was a copypaste but you replied almost exactly the same both times!

"I might believe you think it." vs "I might believe you think you can."

How does it feel to have proof of your own predictableness?

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Actually yeah. Cobalt after rvs reminds me of scumamrock...

Did you ever respond to that? I asked shadow and he said it was a "notice me senpai" which almost makes sense but the way you just used it as a platform still feels weird to me.
    Talk about it

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean

He literally asked me a question

So I answered it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If anything, my first response is pretty short.

He said "Surely not all page 1 content is forced?" and I said "To some extent, it is. Cobalt wrote 5 paragraphs about an RVS vote. It's valiant, but still forced."

It doesn't look like I wanted to talk about it much.

Silver is the one who kept asking and I wrote a paragraph in response to Silver, if that's the part you feel is a platform.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean i give a correct answer to that. Every time.

Knowing it was copypasta is something though. It was... especially fake at that time- i definitely hadnt said anything AI yet. Possibly still havent? But definitelt not then.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hrrm. I'll look again.

Later though that's all y'all get from me rn.

Have fun kill the witches

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean, I'm looking at it and Shadow essentially asks me two questions, which I give the most basic answers I can to. I mostly am talking to other people, or just fielding questions in general. I didn't feel like there was much back and forth between me and Shadow there. If he's scum, maybe he wanted it, but I didn't exactly give it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (All I'm saying is, if Shadow's a wolf, I'm not with him, I swear!)

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Very convincing, Dels.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

Excuse me, but did you not see tom's post? If shadow and I are wolves, you're with us too!

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

At least you got reasoning. My experience was a total anticlimax.

@Newcomb your thoughts on tom's squishy middle?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm a little concerned about his comment re: xenophobia. Does shadow actually feel that way? I don't really understand what happened.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guiltily want to just... keep voting tom. Oops.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I always try to put people in new and interesting situations. They say variety is the spice of life, and surely a variety of new things is even spicier and life-ier.

I posted about Dels already but I'll definitely keep Manasi in mind for future reference!

-

Jarizok on Newcomb earlier is like -1 levels of thought, that lacks any context of who is talking, who exactly he's talking about or what the normal approach to them is.

Newcomb, being Newcomb, wants to engage people who are likely to post some stuff in response.

Historically, myself and fluff and Jarizok somewhat are generally incapable of actually doing that (& posting in general) to a level other players find satisifying.

Usually this means that we get lynched as "well I guess we have nothing better to do today" type lynches, or with spare town NK's or whatever. It also means that usually we're not the D1 lynch because people are like "lets at least lynch someone who will do something when we lynch them". And regardless, it's not like Newcomb would actively defend any of us from a lynch, he just wouldn't try to start it at this stage.

And Jarizok should know this. It's probably literally happened to him (note: I don't actually know what happened in other games), so he has no excuse for not knowing this. It's definitely literally happened to me and fluff, probably with Jarizok as a witness.

So when I think about how this went, and what process you'd need to take to make that kind of point without hitting upon anything that I said (or what Newcomb said in response) and I can only think that he wasn't thinking, he just wanted something to tack onto his Newcomb thought (along with a self aware haHAA look one of them is me) and that's a scummy way to do things.

lynch jarizok