1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

In the past, yes. But he did up his game and managed to get one over on me, and since then I don't feel like I've nailed him as a wolf, so like. I still think if he gets to a certain level I can lock him in as town, but he's not there in this game.

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Did you read these?

WitchHunt 9
    WitchHunt 9
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sure. And that is potentially a 100% valid explanation, if you're town. And if you're a wolf, maybe it's not totally true. and it's an excuse. If you're town, you're telling the truth, so don't worry about it.

3. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Self-aware is not inherently scummy. People say that, but its not an actual thing.

There are some interesting things in the cases Font and Newcomb presented, but posts like that are super easy to make as scum. Ascribing motivation and wiki words to posts is very easy to fake. The more interesting thing, though, is two separate players scum cased him within a minute of each other with lengthy posts.

I do not town read Shadow or Font, do town read Newcomb, but cases like this are lukewarm at best.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

It was scheduled many hours earlier.

5. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

That makes sense.

I won't fight a Shadow lynch, but those cases are unconvincing and I won't be voting it because of them.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

Muzijk, we've heard a lot about you aren't reading into, but what if you had to make a case of your own right now? If the rest of the game was all being lazy and everything was up to you, how would you lead the town to victory?

7. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I would lynch you -> Manasi and see where that leaves us. Your wagon is very pure (myself, two of my top town reads).

Its a faulty premise, because I know I'm new to site culture and my reads are less likely to be right than the players here, due to the meta experience they have with each other. I don't trust my reads to be super good here as compared to normal, which is part of why I'm not casing and I'm electing to play more passively than I normally do.

I think I did a good enough job of projecting town, and that part of my game is done. Now I'm at the part where I need to kill scum, which is why I'm questioning Shadow (probably the most common scum read in the thread) reads, to find if there's something I agree with that would influence me to vote him. Two mediocre cases did not persuade me.

Deadline is also, uh, tomorrow after the extension is factored in.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Shadow's response to the case was also pretty bad, and his pushes on me and Von we're pretty reachy imo. Would recommend reading his iso.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Let's :clap: lynch :clap: Dels :clap:

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

Each clap is a dagger in my heart. =(

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think it's a stupid thought. I just think you were trying to pocket Newcomb.
    --- Post automerged ---
    :(

I still love you though

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

Wait, trying to pocket Newcomb? How? Like, mentioning a theory he already mentioned would pocket him?
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's okay. It's my own fault. I feel bad because I'm making it harder for you to win. (If you're town)

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm not super convinced by the shadow scumreads either tbh. He's below null for me but I'm a little worried that people are expecting too much from his town game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yesh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also just so you know I am very skeptical of my ability to get to town on you when you are town atm, like you were very obviously town in that last game you played where you subbed in but I have so much paranoia of you because you're the only person who has pocketed me in like 2-3 years that I don't think I'm really ever going to get there on you right now.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

There's absolutely no reason you or anyone else should be able to get to me being town atm. I'm just not playing a town game. I'd think I was scum if I didn't know any better. I wish I could do more but it is what it is.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Wait maybe it's less time than that, have I even been playing mafia for 2-3 years.

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

Sorry to AtE, it's just the truth of how I'm feeling. Not sure I'll be able to do a Vaimes case for 11pm est either btw but I reread the ISO, it's just my mind goes all blank when I even think about trying to actually write smart things.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: tom

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

A non bird comic and a vote on tom.

Is this what love feels like?

20. Vaimes