1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay, so if we give you the benefit of the doubt and don't lynch you, are you still not in the headspace to play mafia or has that changed since you talked to Gemma?

Because I'm a little confused by how things were said and what they imply. If you weren't in the headspace or mood to play mafia and so your posting was scummy, but you just weren't feeling motivated then, and you are now, but nothing else you've posted recently has changed my mind about you being scummy, how was your previous mood the explanation for your scummy / stilted posting?

Because if your previous mood is over now nothing has changed, and you're still scummy, but if your previous mood is still around then is it going to change at all or...?

Like, I'm trying to figure this out but you're sending out things that imply different things and it's not adding up.

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yes, I'm feeling better and more involved today.

I felt there was a change in my posting today 'cause I'm actually invested now and I wasn't on the past 5 days.

If you don't see a difference then you can hold on to the scumread.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

'Kay.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have more than sufficiently explored / explained why I am still feeling what I'm feeling about my reads.

AND I offered to re-read Vaimes and reconsider him since it seemed like enough people were voicing suspicion.

Sure I voted where my head was at a few days ago but that's because I still feel strongly about it. Fuckin sue me?

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Gross

5. Umami

Umami Squib

Burn the witch!

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I wouldn't say it's optimal play by any means.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pardon?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I am generally confused by Jari's reads progressions.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dels, talk to me specifically about why you prefer a Jari lynch to a Shadow one.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why am I talking to myself all of a sudden?

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah sure we can Judge someone D1.

8. Umami

Umami Squib

That was a whole lot of projection

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

Um, so the Shadow stuff is all super great. The cases from Newcomb and Fonti. And you noticed many of the same things.

I had no objection to a Shadow lynch ever, and still don't, really.

That said, I'm not certain those things make him scum. Like, we could just be misreading his character? I don't think Shadow is like, a beacon of towniness as town, so I'm not really sure he's that far into any range.

With Jarizok I feel like we noticed some actual concrete stuff. The progression on Vaimes is just confusing. I don't get it. The progression on Shadow is similar. It feels like Jari is scum and wasn't sure how to deal with those two being the top wagons. I don't know. Something feels wrong about it. Add to that multiple times Jari has used logic that I just feel is wrong, and not wrong in a "town but wrong" way, but wrong in a way where it feels like he's assigning reads to stuff he just shouldn't be. (i.e. when he calls Newcomb town for not going after the 3 typical mislynches, or says Shadow is towny for attacking Fonti over the name confusion)

So for me it's like, the Shadow stuff makes sense and definitely feels scummy, but townies are scummy all the time, but the Jari stuff, I'm like... it just feels like there's something there, y'know?

I'm fine with either lynch really I guess.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

How did it happen that literally none of the people up for being voted are all gone.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

what you say?

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I didn't say it was necessarily meaningful. As a general rule I prefer to try to understand how a player's brain works before I read them too emphatically.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You what.

14. Umami

Umami Squib

But Dels gave you little to gon on and then you gave an in depth analysis of how his brain works and basically said, 'this is how your brain works, yeah?'

15. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

That's fair, thanks for elaborating. I just wanted to get a feel for the thought process here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm sorry, I'm probably being obtuse, but what's your point; or rather, what do you want me to address?

16. Umami

Umami Squib

Not asking you to do anything. You just asked me why I said 'burn the witch!' and I was just explaining my shotgun reaction

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Addendum: I also don't think what I said could be construed as "this is how your brain works" so much as I was trying to understand what Dels thought with respect to the suspicions against him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm just confused, sorry. I don't understand why it's worthy of that reaction.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vaimes and Jari ISOs are full of... perhaps rather seemingly random or "weaker" reads, but Vaimes's seem believable to me and Jari's I just mostly don't understand.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

MPlus you are making me happy but also giving me such worry i am confbiasing on Jari =(

19. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I really wish I could interact with Jari in real time more than anything right now.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

M7 seems like an easy townread.

What’s your scumgame like? Wine etc. will be taken into account.