1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

What makes you say that?

2. Umami

Umami Squib

Just weird timing. Like you say you're trying to understand what Dels thought with respect to the suspicions against him, but you offered this (see below) where you don't ask any questions and just offer up a lot of information that is somewhat defensive of Dels for no apparent reason. You haven't done that type of post (that I've seen) for anyone else. All of your defense of Dels relies on this sort of self-centric narrative rather than anything specific to this game.

"So there's a very specific reason I wanted to know this -- I know you and I haven't played in a game yet either until now, but I have developing thoughts on your type of play based on 1) my initial impression just so far playing with you today; 2) the brief interaction we have had post-Champs last year; (3) what others have said about your games; and (4) some brief research looking at S5 Champs games this past summer because I'm a crazy person. And based on those, I think your brain works rather similarly to mine in certain key ways that influences the way you approach playing mafia games, particularly as town, so I naturally started drawing a comparison to this specific situation.

I've been playing mafia for almost a decade, and while I don't have anything empirical to back this up, based on various anecdotes I recall I noticed I tend to often get misread early on in games by players who have never played with me before or only sparingly -- for reasons that I have collectively lumped as perhaps similar enough in the way both of our approaches are for this to warrant a comparison.

I'm not sure I even have anything meaningful with this, and this whole thing is low priority perhaps because of the pending deadline of D1 EoD, but I nonetheless wanted to pursue this to some extent while I was thinking of it. I probably should just get back to reading the Jari ISO."

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sorry, you don’t have enough quality posts to unlock the Reasons for Reads feature.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I just think he’s super genuine, his post flow doesn’t seem at all forced or calculated, he feels genuinely interested in the things he’s asking about.)

4. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Super quick GTH reads list after having still not read most of the game:

Vaimes

Cobalt
    Gemma

Dels
    Newcomb
    tom

Everyone else???

Jarizok

shadow
    --- Post automerged ---
    That said, my preference for Shadow over Jari is rather slight. What's the updated vote count?

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yeah I kinda agree, if MPLus is scum he's got a sick sense of what questions to ask to never seem like he's forcing them
    --- Post automerged ---
    I wish Newcomb was here to tell me what to do =(

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote shadow

7. Umami

Umami Squib

So, Judge could be a witch right? So maybe not let it go to judge?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote, Vote Shadow

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, but they probably wouldn’t risk outing themselves down the line by immediately killing someone outside the vote pool.

9. Umami

Umami Squib

Not really an issue if there's a townie in the voting pool

10. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Fuck it, I think I'm changing my mind and swapping Jari and Shadow's placements after all. Looking back at it again right now, and Jari's most recent post just makes no sense if he's town, and his pivot away from Shadow reads ?????.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hi.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

And Jari switching to Vaimes at the end by leeching off of Shadow's post is super sketch.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Jarizok

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

I do admit that my reason for looking at Jari in the first place was because it looked like he was trying to save Shadow. So it's like, ??? But Jari's progression is weird on it's own. It can fit if Shadow/Vaimes are v/v. It doesn't really fit if Jari is w/w with Vaimes of course. (which Shadow said it did, which was another point against Shadow, because, uh, no?)

14. Manasi

Manasi Squib

HELLO.

Sorry I had a rough day and decided I was going to play a few hours of Codenames and then nap.

Hi M+7!

Did I miss anything important? Is it better to catch up or stay in the thread?

How does EOD even work here???

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Cobalt is super town. So is umami. M Plus 7 is probably town. Really liked his catchup so far. Dels is pretty town, no idea why anyone disagrees. Gemma is probably town. Von probs town, do not kill today.

Kai and Newcomb are light town. Push them tomorrow. Everyone else is scummy.

Need a vote count not.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Stay in the thread, we need to get a lynch.

16. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I’m here, way more new posts than I can read. Someone at me with the cliffs.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote count, please.

18. Manasi

Manasi Squib

Does this make Shadow MORE wolfy or does it just make you think he's not really sure what he's saying?

I'm not sure of the context but I make shit up to sound smart as a villager all the time so.. I'm probably just projecting.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes ma'am.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

Basically I just wanna lynch Jari because Jari's progression on Vaimes makes no sense. Jari never came back to explain so we don't have anything new. I also think Jari's defense of Shadow was bad. Not sure if teammate-saving bad or just TMI bad and therefore applying bad reasons to townread someone.

Gemma thinks you're scum.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Possibly correct

jarizok (5) - kaiDASH, gemma, dels, vaimes, m+7
    xshadowlancerx (4) - newcomb, fonti, fluff, umami
    Dels (2) - muzjik, cobalt
    Vaimes (2) - shadowlancerx, jarizok
    cobalt (1) - Tom

Not Voting (1) - manasi