1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I mean, do you think wolves had a priest read on newcomb?

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not a correct one...

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

Kinda agree with Gemma that Manasi's Gemma scumread is static. Like yeah, on page 4 it was because Gemma posted bird memes and then said "stop dicking around" but how has it evolved? What has it taken into account since then...?

4. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I don't think the fact they're musketeers makes them townie.

Vaimes is very town and Gemma is pretty town off of play, which is why I have them as town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright, different approach as promised. Firstly, I apologize for anybody who's felt I'm talking down to them or believes I'm trying to act superior. I'm not, and that wasn't my attention. I got and have been getting the vibe many people have been talking down to me this game, and that's simply my stylistic way of being a child and arguing back. If that wasn't your intent, alright, but that's how it felt. I'm going to conform a little bit to the site meta, though my wallposts still aren't going to be great because I hate Xenforo and every mafia site I've played on that uses Xenforo has shitty interface and isoing. Also, I was explicitly told Gemma was Nancy which is where that came from, I wasn't trying to be a dick.
    This is an ample explanation for Fonti town and by consequence Cobalt town. Fwiw, Cobalt's #860 isn't a good look if Dels is town, but I trust Font's read as long as I think Font's town. I do urge her to make sure she's confident in it though.

M plus 7 had his possible town slip. I don't really believe in those (hey I had one this game too!), so its not a huge factor. Regardless, I highly doubt they're w/w with Jar. They cased him near deadline, were part of the swing to his wagon, and generally had a townie tone. Noting he hasn't posted this phase. #944 is ample opportunity to switch to a Shadow vote if he wanted, and he chose Jari. You could say this is invalidated if Shadow is scum as well, which it kind of is, but *that* leads to the complication that he then put his two scum buddies full tiers below the rest of his reads as his only two scum reads. I'm not sure how common bussing is here, and its extremely likely Jari was bussed, but I don't think this was that. #950 is townie nuance to switching his vote, and a natural progression into #952. I think #780 is town more often than not too, just in how casual his tone is.

Vaimes has a townie iso. I'm not going to case this one. He has no posts that have pinged me, was pushed by a wolf, and was pushed by other potentially wolf slots. Thus, probably town. Also has good nuance today.
    with Cobalt as town *or* wolf looks good for Vaimes as well, as either 1-2 scum leeched on to a town pushing a mislynch, or 2-3 wolves were on him - either way its a good indicator. Very little partner equity with Jar.

For Dels, I should note that he handled my pushing him very ... kindly? He was always positive in tone, which is nice to hear. his 700-series posts are all alright tone wise looking back. Again, I am looking for a Jar busser because at least 1 if not multiple exist, but I don't *think* its this? Now that I'm not scumcasing I should mention Silver also said Dels is better as a wolf than his early play here was... not sure if that's a good thing or not considering Dels posting got better. I think this slot is town more often than not.

Umami is... less townie than previously thought if Dels is in fact town? He's getting town read a lot off a town slip that I don't put much stalk in, and I read his play as townie so I didn't really care but if Dels is town then he's been tunnelling a mislynch the whole game - again, not a scum claim, but an indicator. Sideyeing this.

Newcomb is... an interesting case. I don't know any player meta, but without that, I would say witches who happened to roll a medic / defensive type role could self shoot for town cred after being down a lynch in a heavily townie game. That said though, overall it probably points to town as Newcomb!witch has no case for being alive late game. My only hangup is why the hell would you kill him, with a town!Gemma pushing him? Priest read I guess, otherwise no clue. Also, apparently he claimed defensive before I claimed, but I was not aware of that... not that me saying that means much but I must have skimmed past the post. There is some nuance to his reads today, I don't like his shading of my slot - feels like it could be wolf trying to leave potential mislynches open and/or discredit me. Dunno. Going to call it town lean overall. There is some partner equity with Manasi

Gemma is another complicated one. Her trying to take credit for Jar is ... interesting. Could be bus indicative. If Manasi is scum I think Gemma has to be town (reading off #830 - I know its not a lot but I don't feel Gemma pushes both partners as the lynch). A little flimsy, but that's where I'm at. If Manasi's town, this slot is probably scum more often than not. But, I do think Manasi is probably woofing, and after I haven't played forum mafia much with Manasi but I don't think I've misread them much in video mafia.

Heading to work, I'll continue later.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vote shadow

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

For what it's worth, now that you ask, yes, they could have. Priest wants to lay low, right? So if wolves know Newcomb is town, but he's not living up to his "full potential" (as Gemma says), that could've explained why.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don’t think scum!Gemma lampshades that Newcomb could be the Priest right at EoD by pointing out how he isn’t being his usual self and then immediately tries to shoot him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    shadow’s fire is at like, negative scum levels. Even after being given space to solve.

Unvote, vote shadow

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Thanks Cobalt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Weird, I thought Newcomb saying I was pushing him was just him being a saltyface. I don't entirely get how people could read me doing my due diligence on Newcomb as a push but okay.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually, I think we /can/ determine Jari's alignment via the N2 save? If we lynch a wolf today and Jari was a wolf, there will be no Angels and witches can shoot Newcomb. If they don't shoot Newcomb, it doesn't mean anything necessarily, but if they do then Jari was confirmed a wolf.

Granted, Newcomb isn't exactly giving this game his all, so keeping him alive until day 3 doesn't like, automatically solve the game the way it normally would, but whatever.
    --- Post automerged ---
    For anyone who thinks that Jari would have been lynched without me, reread the page starting with 751 (it's page 16 for me).

9. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

What...does that even mean? If you mean I’m not fully engaged...yeah, don’t particularly enjoy this game honestly; haven’t quite recovered from the feeling that I just don’t fit here. And not having flips is demoralizing, muz revealing the red check was the most exciting thing to happen today.
    Btw @muz you should go back to your previous style, I liked it better than wall posts.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That probably sounds egotistical or something. I really don't care about cred, it's just annoying when people say things that aren't accurate.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wow you are tiny!

Talk about your reads and everything. Show some towny fire, etc.

11. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Eh, bad example then I guess.

Actually...if two wolves were musketeers, why wouldn’t one have just swapped roles and made the barrier to getting a day kill a whole heck of a lot easier anyway?

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

How much of the thread have you read, shadow?

13. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Oh dang, how did my text get tiny?

@Gemma imma try, I’m just not fired up for this game in general. Also, I feel like all my reads from yesterday were terrible. I liked jari, didn’t like newcomb much, and really thought Vaimes was scum, but those are all (probably) wrong.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Every post...why?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is the hunter unlocked after a fake kill? He’d have to be right otherwise it wouldn’t be super good for scum to have a fake kill. Nvm
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Gemma, where’d you go?

14. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I was told I was making the game unpleasant for some people, so I'm trying to conform to the site norm. Even if its not how I'd ideally wish to play.

15. Umami

Umami Squib

Jk 13 to hard lynch is impos
    woohoo! I'm relevant again

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Because your posts suggest that you haven't read any of the discussion about musketeers.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You can be as relevant as you want to make yourself. Talk about your reads! Boom, suddenly relevant. Push someone, woo, you're relevant!

Don't wait for relevancy to come to you, Umami! You have great flavor!

17. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I did this yesterday, but I think I'm at

Muz M7 Font Cobalt Vaimes
    Gemma Newcomb Dels
    Umami
    ^town
    tom
    v scum
    Kai Fluff
    Shadow
    Manasi

That would mean 3/5 of {Kai, Manasi, Fluff, Shadow, Tom} are scum, and I highly doubt I'm that that accurate. Especially because Tom >>>>> Fluff / Kai have reasons to be town.

I would like to kill Manasi before Shadow I think. As long as we kill in those 5 I'm /fine/. Kai's been written off which I don't love, as has Umami, but whatever I'm not getting killed in this lobby so that's a problem for later me.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Does the top tier mean that you think MP7, fonti, Cobalt and Vaimes are confirmed town?

19. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

No, I’ve read them, and I think detractors are wrong. I think it’s some 4D underwater chess in space trying to come up with good reasons that 2 scum musketeers didn’t either swap a role or kill the non scum one.

20. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Confirmed is the wrong word. They're just the ones I think are most likely town, yea.