1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Vira hasn't said anything much other than her Dermon case, 11 pages ago, and defenses against your posts. Zeit continues to jump around being generally useless. Don't like either of them, but they don't fit nearly as well into a Rubicon/Bill scumteam, which is what I'm operating under the assumption of right now.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Dermon, now would be a good time to make a readwall.

3. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

What is a popcorn claim?

---------- Post automerged at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

I personally do want Dermon to claim, I've decided. Others can speak up for or against.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

5. blab

blab Second Year

hey Vira, you still wanted to do a case by case defending of yourself.

I'm fine with the Dermon lynch. I am only slightly uncomfortable with it because he is more likely to be scum in the for town best of worlds. He is scummy, though. I said that I understand the rationale of letting Zeitgeist live one more day. I still think Zeitgeist's reveal sucked. I still think Proph is suspicious. I do think somebody else should look at a scum!ChoPi world.
    (Bill was likely scum. Dermon is likely scum. I am still not buying Zeit. Proph is scummy. Luckylee and fontisian are null. Vira, ChoPi, Moridin are towny in that order.)

Zeit: what fontisian said. why didn't you ever say this when you were criticized about your motivations?

ChoPi: have you looked at Proph now? I don't get why Aekiel wouldn't have learned info at the end of the first phase (day 1), but if you're sure about

@fontisian: I don't think a full claim would be good for us.

@ChoPi: I think I'm ok with that.
    It is claiming is claiming in the order of scummyness

@all: ask me questions. I feel like I'm rambling just putting out my opinions. I might do a case on Proph but first I want to know why anyone thinks he is town.

@Vira: I will switch to Dermon to ensure lynch later to avoid (self-)hammering.

6. Moridin

Witches did/learned nothing at the end of D1, so the angels/demons would learn nothing about them.

Indicates that information from previous phases doesn't apply if there are no Angels or Demons.

7. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

Okay, I am in favor of at least Dermon, Luckylee, and font claiming. I don't care about what order, and am undecided/indifferent about people claiming beyond that.

It's just a matter of, how extreme is our trust in Moridin? I currently have him as 5% scum, and his posts today have done nothing to raise that.

Are we prepared to accept defeat in that unlikely case? For me the answer is "probably"; it's just not a decision I'd like to make lightly.

8. blab

blab Second Year

@Moridin: ok, that makes sense, I am going to trust that

Also no questions to me, so I am just going to start rambling.

Also:
    It also absolves Wetnurse/Prophylaxis, you filthy, filthy liar.
    Correct is: three witches in: (Bill, Vira, Lucky, Zeit, font, Dermon, (blab))
    Well, I guess I found something that makes me feel better about Proph, as assuming Aekiels signal happened Proph is town in all world in which Zeit is town.
    Now even if Zeit is in a scumteam that has oracle the Archangel was likely really used, otherwise Sesc would have likely survived. (scum apparently wasn't apparently trusted that Sesc wouldn't be protected) But Aekiel would have known that the Oracle is scum so would have thought his signal was useless, so I won't trust that. On the other hand there is little other reason to use archangel that night, which leads me to believe that Aekiel did in fact want to use his signal, which means Proph, Moridin, ChoPi =town, and that Aekiel thought the Oracle was alive and town, which leads me to think that Zeit is town as well.

That means three scum in (Bill, Vira, LuckyLee, font, Dermon)
    If Bill is scum, font, Dermon seems like a likely team, simply based on last day votes, but that might be too simple.
    If Bill is town there are three scum in (Vira, LuckyLee, font, Dermon)
    While all teams are possible I have a harder time seeing Vira and font on a team and I think Vira, LuckyLee Dermon is unlikelier than LuckyLee, font, Dermon.

So yeah, I think there are pretty good chances that font and Dermon are scum.

That makes sense from my POV, though I am not sure why I am not in there from your POV. I'm not sure how much we gain from that, given likely scum!gravedigger. And it might help scum with avoiding gambler/recluse.

9. Moridin

Don't forget that N2 is the first night there's a Demon, and it also had two townfirms (Sesc and Stojil). Piercing a curse on either one could have been Aekiel's goal.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sorry for not posting; I've been insanely busy these past few days, and I'll post more content coming into Day 4. I'll see if I can get something small up right now, though.

---------- Post automerged at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

I'd be willing to accept a "I am town" without warning, but the accompanying sentence feels ~self-aware, a bit. I hope Pi is town.

Coaching?

Man, might need to recheck Caesar's posts. Those posts make me a bit paranoid.

Basically, /barn this. I'm fine with a Dermon lynch (hardly paid any attention to him, fine with lynching a null read) and font is probably scum.

Why do you start off with the first post and not vote Zeit?

I know that sort of applies to Vira as well but she has two people, while Dermon only has one.

@ChocoPi: Where are you with that scum!Luckylee world? He's currently my biggest town read for missing Rubicon on his reads list.

Also this is a PBPA and PBPAs are bad. Can you clarify your read on fontisian to me? - never mind, read through and see you had a town read on her

@blab: Okay, that's fine.

Hence why I'm not super-confident in my reads this game.

And more Dermon-ChocoPi fighting I will have to read @ night.

Okay, finished. My idea of a scumteam w/out rereading at this point is {Rubicon, fontisian, Bill Door, Dermon}?

I mean I'll need to check the D1 wagon again to see if this Aekiel Archangel thing holds weight. You can also probably sub ChocoPi somewhere; his posts are fine but his first post feels a bit off.

---------- Post automerged at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Should I use my extension? I'm going to shower and mull on it a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

vote De(r)mon, not using extension. I won't even be around for most of it, and I believe that we've come to a consensus on discussion.

11. Moridin

Don't extension, anyone. We're running out of them, and using one today would be pointless. Also, we're at majority, assuming Prophylaxis' vote is valid (could you do a proper Vote Lynch: Dermon just in case, Proph?), so just let the day run out in case Dermon or anyone else pops in, since we currently have outstanding questions (Choc's reveal request, which I'm in favour of at the very least from Dermon).

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

vote lynch dermon

13. blab

blab Second Year

Actually the goal could have only been piercing the curse on Sesc.
    Imho, it doesn't really make much sense from Aekiel's point of view, though.
    The signal was the last thing he said, so I'm relatively sure he didn't forget. In a scum!oracle world he knows that as soon as he plays his card scum are free to go for the highest priority target every following night because we loose the threat of the Archangel-card. In a town!oracle world he inadvertently sets of his signal.
    Coupled with the fact that the archangel card becomes more powerful the less players there are, I don't think he would have done that in either case.
    It is, though,possible, than Aekiel simply got outplayed by scum, (Rubicon curses Sesc, Aekiel archprotects because he thinks he can catch another scumkill, scuum kill Stojil) but I think it's unlikely. The more troubling variant is scum!oracle I guess, because then I would guess at a Rubicon/Zeit/Proph/ChoPi, or a Rubicon/Zeit/Proph/Vira and I'm don't think we would lynch that.

Yes I want Dermon to claim, too.

14. Moridin

Why is that?

(To clarify, I'm not suggesting that Archangel could pierce multiple curses, but rather than Rubicon could have chosen to curse either Sesc or Stojil).

15. blab

blab Second Year

Because:
    However, before the Angels make their decision each night, the Demons may vote to "Curse" a single target and prevent them from being protected by the Angels that night! (Demons must complete their vote halfway through any given night. The Angels are told who they are unable to protect that night.)

Rubicon curses Stojil, Aekiel protects Stojil, is not possible.

16. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

So seeing as the consensus is that I should claim, I will. I am the Town Judge. There was never a day which ended without a majority, so I never used my power.

---------- Post automerged at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

And in the interests of giving town more information before I am lynched, Readwall:

Moridin and Fontisian are both town reads. I've had Moridin there ever since that pregame readwall and the controversy that came with it. Font's attacks on Zeit seem authentic, as does her frustration with his play.

Probellum/Blab is on the town side of null. I like what has come from Blab much more than what came from Probellum.

Wetnurse/Proph and Caesar/ChocoPi are null. There hasn't been much out of that slot, but after Wetnurse's replacement, Proph has generally put forth good content and opinions. I am somewhat alarmed at how quickly CPi was able to assume a position of authority amongst the town, but his case seems sincere.

Vira is null/scum, mostly because of the case Fontisian built on her, and because of her vote track off of Rubicon D2.

The last two are Luckylee and Zeitgeist, who are both individually scummy, but because of reasons previously stated, I believe are unlikely to be scum with each other.

17. Moridin

:facepalm

Of course. Thanks for that.

Dermon: Hmm. Very safe claim. Simple enough to test, but I'm not going to go for that at this stage, especially since it says little about your alignment.

18. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

Dermon: If you had to judge kill someone today, who would it be?

19. blab

blab Second Year

50 minutes.
    Vira is a liar, too, and hasn't done her promised case-by-case defense.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You're making a too many assumptions here, including: 1. That Aekiel decided to go through with his plan, and did not simply think that breaking a curse on Sesc was the best option to prevent a nk. 2. That Zeit was telling the truth about the use of ArchAngel, solely because Sesc died, when if Zeit was scum, the Angels could have thought that Sesc was less likely to be killed because he was supporting Zeit and Vira.

Think about this for a moment. In a world where Zeit is scum, Aek knows that the Oracle is scum and then knows that the ArchAngel is only useful for preventing a kill. Now the priest is dead, so any incentive for keeping the ArchAngel in reserve to protect the priest is gone, and a scum just died, so the odds are good that the dead and living scum are coordinated on who to curse and kill. I know I would take the shot and use the ArchAngel.

The first three times I read this, I thought you were accusing me of coaching. Not really sure why I thought that now.

Why are you fine with lynching a null read? I would have expected a town!Proph to follow through and be shoving a lynch down my throat toDay.