1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. blab

blab Second Year

Beyond that I have mentioned
    The threat of Archangel is a helpful for town to, it vanishes if used with scum!oracle.
    You don't need to archangel to protect one of two targets.
    Aekiel would have needed to think that he could outplay scum

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Actually, the fact that Zeit didn't bring up Aekiel's last message until toDay argues that he either wasn't thinking about it at all or he made the same mistake I did in assuming that the dead would be informed on scum's identity during Night 1.

3. blab

blab Second Year

Yes, that's what I am thinking. If the signal didn't happen, he would have known about scum!oracle!Zeit and he could have protected Sesc on day 3, he didn't, therefore it probably happened.

4. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

So we're not claiming? Too scared of Moridin?

5. fontisian

1. The dead would have had no way of knowing if the oracle was scum.
    2. True. But if scum cursed Sesc, the angels Aek and Kalas probably would have assumed that the living scum intended to shoot him.
    3. See point 2.

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Shh, I'm busy trying to abuse the mechanics.

More seriously, you haven't given me a reason (beyond assuring me that you totally have one), and no one else has agreed with your idea. You also haven't commented on the pros and cons of popcorn claiming, if we want to do this properly.

6. blab

blab Second Year

1. exactly
    2. maybe, i dont know

7. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

Time extension

Man, this gonna get fun.

8. fontisian

Alright, I have a headache and the wifom hoops I'm thinking through are not helping.

9. blab

blab Second Year

ChoPi: why can't they claim Stojils role, why can't they claim Bill's role

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

@font I am going to structure my thoughts

10. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

Let's take this one step at a time.

font, why are you so hostile towards claiming your role?

Even if I'm not telling you my reasons (I have 3, and they are all excellent), if you are town in this situation surely there is no reason not to?

You aren't getting night killed. Your role isn't going to be fake-claimed. The Assassin is known, and accepted as town. There is no reason for town to be apprehensive.

But there are a ton of reasons for scum to be apprehensive. (Half of these reasons are named Moridin.)

---------- Post automerged at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

They don't know Stojil's role.

They can claim Bill's role, scum or not. But town Bill could have been relatively few roles.

11. fontisian

CPi, the only reason I see for claiming right now is so that if Mori is shot, he'll kill me and town won't waste a lynch. I'm pretty ok with that reason, since if Zeit's scum, Mori's unlikely to be shot.

---------- Post automerged at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Fuck it.

I'm the fanatic. I was trying the get priest checked early on, but then that went to hell.

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

And Kalas had to fucking go and check Sesc, of all people.

12. blab

blab Second Year

I am BOD ccc

13. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

blab is probably not scum.

---------- Post automerged at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

At least, his claim is very unlikely to be fake.

14. fontisian

Do you realize how beautiful that would have been? Night 2 or 3, with scum shooting me because I'm townfirmed, only to bounce off the extra life.

---------- Post automerged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Explain please.

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Actually blab, I'm wondering what the ccc meant.

15. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

Almost anyone would use BOD in any of the ambiguous deaths. It would have gone off. It could not have been stolen with the Gravedigger.

Also, it is not mechanically impossible for Stojil to be anything but Gravedigger, assuming he was telling the truth about being angel protected. (Which is safe.)

Oops, I just revealed my role.

I'm Investigator, and I checked Sesc as holy Night 3.

If I were scum, I could have claimed Acolyte in his place and no one could have disputed it. Alas... it would have been fun times.

Anyway, so as I was saying, Stojil has to be Gravedigger. Everything else is impossible on a case-by-case basis now.

This means Apprentice is scum, unless they picked Judge, which they didn't.

16. blab

blab Second Year

My thought part one:

Fact: At night 2 Aekiel knew: how many scum were on his wagon. He didn't know the alignment of the oracle.

Reasoning: If he did use Archangel night 2, he probably wanted to use the signal. Because:
    1.The oracle was still alive (unless Aekiel is a moron)
    2.He probably didn't forget it.
    3.In a town!oracle world it doesn't make sense to fool town!oracle
    4.In a scum!oracle world it doesn't make sense to lose Archangel early.
    5. Even if you don't agree with 4, why would you risk 3, especially as town!oracle is more likely.
    => (Aekiel used archangel night 2 => Aekiel used the signal)

Fact: Zeitgeist claimed Aekiel used archangel night 2
    => Zeitgeist is lying or Aekiel used the signal

Reasoning: Town-Zeit lying about Archangel would have already admitted lying about Archangel

Fact: Sesc wasn't protected night 3

Assumption: Aekiel didn't use the signal (= Zeit is lying => Zeit is scum)
    Aekiel had Archangel night 3. Aekiel didn't use Archangel (nor normal protected) Sesc even though he could in a situation where:
    1. There is no priest to protect anymore
    2. There is no priest to get more mechanically proven town players
    2. There is only one townfirmed player.
    3. That townfirmed player is arguably a strong player.
    4. Archprotecting is Aekiel's only way to show town that Zeit is scum.
    Reasoning: Assumption is likely false

=> Aekiel didn't have the Archangel anymore => Aekiel used the signal

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

tencharacters

17. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

Oh yeah, now I can go ahead and say it:

Dermon is probably not a Witch and we shouldn't kill him today.

In fact we should have Dermon judge-lynch our desired target, in case they are Survivalist. This also proves Dermon is actually the Judge, and not scum Apprentice-GD using an alibi.

His response to my wall (which was genuine, I really did think he was scum!) was perfect. Perfect. He's town, it blew my mind. I was going to unvote right then, but I decided to be quiet instead. I had an extension, after all.

More importantly, had started suspecting fontisian was scum Survivalist, and once Dermon came out I wanted to force her to claim so we could have Dermon judge-lynch her.

I still want Lucky to claim. Vira can too, but that's less mandatory.

After those reveals happen, I'd like to leave Moridin some advice before I die tonight.

18. fontisian

Fontisian
    Dermon
    Typhoon/Vira
    Luckylee
    Moridin
    Probellum/blab
    Zeitgeist
    Wetnurse/Proph
    Caesar/CPi

Here's an idea. We lynch Mori toDay. He shots me, Dermon, Zeit and blab. Scum shoot somone tonight.

We go down to Vira, Lucky, Proph and CPi. If two of them are scum, as is likely in a town!Bill Door world, we lose. One scum survivor or DOB is not crippling.

Idea #2: Vira and Lucky also claim. Then it comes down to Proph and CPi, and both have to be town. Not as bad as scenario 1, but not great either.

Idea #3: Everyone claims. Moridin picks whoever the hell he wants to kill.

Gah, the problem in everycase is that Mori's the only person I trust in both a scum!Bill Door and town!Bill Door world, and the plan always requires us to kill Mori.

---------- Post automerged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

In scenario 1, if one scum lies and scum have the survivor or DOB we lose. Same issue in scenario 2.

19. blab

blab Second Year

lol no, fonti

20. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

We're not killing Moridin today, but I can't figure out what font's game is here if scum...