1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witchhunt Game 4: Signups

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Prophylaxis, May 25, 2014.

1. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

something tells me you are going to quickly hate me in this game and want to kill me.

:awesome

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The priest should hold off claiming unless they are absolutely positive they are going to be lynched. And even then...

Hey, if witches win all ties, how did Witchhunt 3 end in a tie?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

This.

I think if I recall correctly, it was something like the last town could shoot people via soup when killed til wrong, and they souped the witch at the end.

So effectively the game didn't end until they were done souping, and it became a tie?

I just realized how fun it is to say soup

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

soup?

/tenchars

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The last town to die was an assassin who when they die can guess a person's role and if they're right that person dies and they can guess again, and they used this to kill the last scum. Tbh I think that should have gone down as a scum win since the game ends as soon as the last town dies so the assassin kill shouldn't have counted but it was ruled as a draw. I think this was also before the scum win all ties rule was put into place.

6. ika

i think this is it. i quickly ran over to go find it (unless this is the wrong game)

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Most definitely the wrong game lol. That was Death Eaters 3 not Witchhunt 3.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Wrong game. I'm considering it a win, then.

9. ika

found it, everyone died...

10. blab

blab Second Year

...sometimes I feel like ika is just playing to make the game less fun for the rest.

11. ika

/out into observer/co-host

if thats what you think i will just not play if it will make you feel better

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  12. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

...I'm not trying to be mean here but if you're expecting others to try to convince you to sign back up, that'll...probably not happen?

You're an adquired taste, ika, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you could make an effort to not make the game tedious for others.

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

hm. So with Riley in, that means we need 3 more people. Delphine? =D

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Aw, I enjoy playing with you ika.

Also reading WH3 and the QT's at the same time was so much fun, I couldn't stop smiling.

14. ika

1) im not, if im unfun to play with i can jjust sit out for others to enjoyt the game. I merly play to what makes me happy (at times) and how i enjoy playing.

2) easier said then done on second half. I have tried to play other ways (the sense of not being tedious as you call it) i just get board and have no fun and just lurk my ass off or end up being "tedious" in other ways. I merly play to what i feel like.

ill sign back up if its truly needed (if we dont get 3 ppl by the first) but if players are going to proclaim that they wont have fun with me, then i can solve the problem by just not playing

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

For me, playing what i call the "cut and dry" meathod is boring for me and casues me to quickly lose intrest

15. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Totally get that. I'm not saying you should do that, or force yourself to be boring.
    What I mean by tedious is, bluntly, your tantrums. You know the ones, ALL CAPS, insulting, with zero strategy, and just yelling at everyone. That's what makes the game not fun, that's what I would love if you could refrain from doing.
    I get that sometimes you're in a bad mood, but we all are, and we all keep it mature and out of the thread, out of respect of other players. Spamming the thream like that's just a huge repellant during games. Does that make sense?

16. ika

I'm going to vaugly agree to disagree on some of this. My tantrums are not just "0 stratagy" they are me playing the game. Mafia is also a game of emotional manipulation and reactions.

Sometimes just staing something is not a way to get things done overall. There are times where you have to yell, get riled up, ect to get things done or to people to listen. Even me yelling people has a sense of startagy to it. Thats something while i do understand can be "repelling" as you say, but it is more or less in play of the game.

You can ask titus (who has seen me firsthand) or other experienced players that yelling, throwing tantrums, emotional manipulation (titus can testify to that, fm 18(?) from our home site), or just about anything you stated can be more or less a tactic itself.

Theres an old player on MS that littarely said "yell to victory" or do that to get ppl to listen to him. He would just cuss and be a bitch/ass but only b/c its to get ppl to listen.

While i understand your view. You misinterpret that everyone does it or that is a "0 strat". There are many players that actually do it for strategy.

Mines is more or less just me being me though.

17. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'll be honest. The only thing that ever makes me hesitate in playing ika is the atrocious spelling/grammar. It's like reading a 13 year old's livejournal post half the time in terms of presentation (not the content).

18. ika

Thats just me being lazy with spelling correction. Do you know if crome has an addon that can autocorrect the words? I shows where i misspelled but i get lazy with going back to right click every word to fix it.

I can work on that one more or less though.

19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Laziness is the excuse of 13 and 14 year olds. And it should have one or two. I'm not currently on Chrome but I have a feeling it has something, if not, practice makes perfect.

One or two mistakes is understandable, but when you go a whole game calling me Ridly......well, I get a bit annoyed you know.

20. ika

1)ok then, let me put it in another way that's just more abrasive and straight up. IDGAF about grammar online most of the time b/c if you can read it, it shouldn't be a problem (yes im this is more rude but if lazy is for 13/14 yr old (which im not) this is the other reason)

2) I's used to typing your name like that tbh, much like how i do citrus as cirtus.

My general questions that remains is this then, why does the misspelling/typos bug you so much (assuming your not a grammar Nazi)?