1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witchhunt Game 4: Signups

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Prophylaxis, May 25, 2014.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

1) It annoys me because I grew up using proper language for all situations. Plus as an avid reader and attempted author, it hurts my heart and soul to see the English language abused as such, but it's a peeve, not a problem. Like I said, it'd make me hesitate, but it won't stop me.

As for the name thing: I named myself Riley, and I do you the favor of using your chosen name properly, is it too much to ask for such in return?

Also a question in return, why do you feel the need to type so fast that going back is a hassle? If moving your cursor a few spaces to correct something is hard work, I'm terrified what you think a real challenge would be. I type fairly quickly when I want to, but I generally try to keep my spelling/grammar mistakes within reason when doing so, part of that came from my teacher's methods and part from personal choice.

2. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

1) fair enough, I grew up more or less on where if it can be read, its all good. But it does make me ask, what you think about texting language and slangs and sorts?

2) not really, i could technically argue that my name is easier to remember but im not going to drag it to that point. I often get called ikea at times (which i find humors tbh)

3) in an fm setting, time is usually of the essence. Most of the time i will gone one to make a few one liners in a blitz due to me heading off to work or rl (I'm like 2 mins from work so i like to leave like 10 mins before). Especially at deadlines when every second matters, i find that I don't have exactly the time to go and fix every error i make (especialy captializing I, to me its just agonizing to go back and capitalize each one so thats gonna always be a thing)

Then you have people who ninja post every time.

Overall its more of me just doing it on how i always figured it. If I were to be in a more serious discussion/thread (kinda here tbh) i'm more incline to keep it neat.

3. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I can absolutely beleive it's some form of strategy, ika.

The point is that even if it is, a lot of people (I won't say all, given Riley's bit), find it really annoying and difficult to put up with while maintaining polite behavior.
    I get it's a strategy, and maybe it's even a valid one (it hasn't been in DLP so far, in my opinion), but when your strategy makes the game a chore to several people regardless of alignment, when it turns them off from playing or legitimately makes the game not-fun...that's the line where you have to step back and either try a different approach or modify it to fit.
    Saying "ok, I just won't play if it's not fun for others" is not an ideal solution either: It's not fair to you, and when you're not being annoying, you're actually one of the trickiest players to play with, so it's not fair to the rest of us either.
    Just...change that aspect. That's all I can honestly say about it, I can't force you.

As for the spelling, I don't mind as much, mostly because I can skim what you write and figure out what you meant with relative ease, most of the time - the times that I don't, I just assume you wrote them drunk because they really make no sense.
    I do agree that at the very least, you could get people's names right. I'm actually one of the few you don't really mispell, which is weird. XD

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

:colbert:
    /10char

5. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I am giggling like a school girl Citrus, holy crap......you've destroyed my man card you ass.

6. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I'm /in if there's space and if not I can /replace.

7. ika

1) im pretty aware of who finds it annoying/difficult (your QT from WW states sevral), but i'm fairly blunt person when it comes to fms or stating things in general. The fact that people are being "polite" as you say is more or less basically saying i can get away with it.

2) this one is more of the players fault then tbh. If they find my start to be a "turn-off" or "un-fun" theres not much i can do. Yes i could technically change it, but then it defeats the purpous of the strat to begin with. It became difficult for scums to play,if you notice in WW, most of the experienced players actually didn't have too much trouble with what i was doing (Titus, citrus, rubi to an extent, snow, i bet lyrim even kinda knew), really for that thing, a player must either adapt or give in. Its something that comes with experience.

3) well then it comes down to the basic premises that either players learn to adapt to gambits and unorthodox plays, or i just don't play. My "annoying" plays are part of who I am. I have already adjusted many times over to other players from what I once was. Me continuing to adjust is always happening. The change you are suggesting is more or less "drop everything that you do" to me. The things that people hate is basically the majority of me. If i change what they hate, i'm changing my entire game play. The thing people want me to change is not a mere small piece of me per say, its actually a majority of what i am in fms.

I change over time but in very small ways. If players can not also come to terms and adjust/accept that this is how i am. Then really the best option is for me to just not play.

---------- Post automerged at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

dont think you ever really had any big complaints about it ;)

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Nyhahahaha. It's been a while, so I`m up for being a replacement or in if we still have space.

9. ika

/back in

only b/c lyrim, snow, and titus (more or less)

and that i want to play a game with lucky. theres something aout his game that i like (from B&T)

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

<33333333333333333

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Because he self hammers

He quick hammers in general. Inb4 lucky + ika blitz lynches

Is there lump?

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We'll have to stop at L-3 every time.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

There is no lump.

14. ika

something tells me im going to enjoy this game a lot more now ;)

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I missed you gaiz too. I promise to be cereal and not bs town into a loss. No promises on hammering though <3

16. ika

lucky, we need to combine our efforts and hammer or l-1 whenever possible.

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Fonti and Lyrium are my true loves, but you're a solid third, Ika. I will take the blitz lynch into consideration, but it all depends on day 1 shenanigans.

18. ika

Fair enough. I already have plans for day 1 ;)

also this:

in b4 we are in lylo XD

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Straight up there's a limit to my tolerance of anti-town and that's probably crossing the threshold. FYI

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    You just hate freedom and fun, Citrus. Btw don't take this seriously, I don't even know if we have enough room for myself. Nor do I know my alignment/role. I plan to be semi serious on my comeback game for sure~