1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I would like to be on the court if there is space.

I work better in a team than working alone, whatever plan I come up with sometimes has a big derp I overlook and discussing it with others helps a lot.

On the lynch front: We do have 4 days so I am not going to rush into anything. I will decide after more people have posted.

2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

It was just 2 people? Also, I now know my role, so its not a big deal. Klackerz will get his role when he gets access to a computer. Relax, guys. We have 5 days.

That being said, I would really like to be considered to be chosen in the court! I think I would make a great asset to the court, due to the fact that i'm here all the time, am good at finding scum, and work best when bouncing my idea's of off others. But those are really just empty platitudes, I hope I can convince the king to pick me in thread, due to game reasons.

Really, the only person who sticks out to me that i'd want to lynch is Gambit. Cmon man, saying you're town in the beginning of the thread doesn't magically make you not suspicious. In fact, it is the opposite. Thats why i'm' going to Vote: Gambit.

Very scummy first post you had there, how are you going to convince you're not scum trying to avoid scrutiny extremely early?

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Good list Lutris. I'm willing to give folks a bit more time to post before I get too suspicious of them / irritated at them, but good list.

How about this for a question -- is there anyone who doesn't want to be on/in the court?

I'm interested, though I know there may be better options... but yeah, I'm curious if anyone would prefer not to participate in that particular thing.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Cheddar, the thing about mishie is that he /could/ have posted, but didn't.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Unless he was on a mobile phone without flash like various others, in which case perhaps he preferred to keep quiet rather than post without knowing his role.

Or that was my initial assumption. It could just as easily be what you say instead, that he could have posted and didn't bother. Speaking of, he could have just posted a "hello" or something if he didn't want to involve himself too deeply without knowing his role.

*shrug*

6. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Well since Kai and Lutris are demanding that I post I will, the reason why I haven't done so yet is simply due to the fact that there really isn't anything to talk about, I'm not all that interesting in being in the Court, so all that's left for me to do is read the posts and the form an opinion on them. Sure I could just post random crap like some people in order to make myself look busy, but I really don't see the point of doing that.

Right now though, from what I've seen, I haven't been able to get any scum reads due to the lack of information, although I do think that putting either Kaidash or Lungs on the Kings Court would be a good idea. Simply because of the fact that in the event of them being town, they will be able to make a huge difference as town, whilst if they're scum, unless we get really unlucky and get a Scum Queen, then it will be easier for them to be caught.

People that I think shouldn't be in the Kings Court would definately be Castiel, Ollie and Ashaya, mainly based on meta, i.e. they all play very erratically and could possibly negatively affect the court even if they were Town.

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I'm not entirely satisfied with your reasoning, but I did say that my vote for you would stand only until you had explained your absence. So for the time being, Rescind Vote: Mishie.

I do agree with Mishie about Castiel, Ollie, and Ashaya, to an extent. I wouldn't totally disregard them as candidates for the King's Court, but I would lower them on my list of priorities for the Court if I were in the King's place.

Kai or Lungs seem to be good choices, by your reasoning. Not sure if I agree wholeheartedly, but what you say makes sense.

No further candidates for lynches from me at the moment, nor any other recommendations for the King to consider.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

So, Lutris, you pretty much agree with everyone and everything in your posts #60 and #67. How very... safe. Also no real content, no real pressure if not Kai-induced and a scummy first post.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Lutris

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So, I just saw that the game had started.

The only thing I have to note is that I think Eidolonic is acting suspiciously. Demanding everyone persuade him that they are town is well and good, but you're going to have to do the same, and this is not how to do it.

As for the Court, eh. I'm not particularly good at Mafia games, and I'd rather not risk compromising others as well. Up to the King, though.

Will try to check the thread again later, but I'll be busy for most of today.

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I guess I kind of like jwlk too, since he's doing the lynchy thing, but more importantly I want to talk to some new guys that I've not seen before (AKA: WHO ARE YOU).

Bill Door: With this gamesetup as it is and the fact that there are only 5 roles (the holy roles) that are 100% town, how valuable are rolereads? (feel free to omit anything that might help scum more than town)

Menace: Pick a player to priest check, kill and protect, then tell another player to do the same (give reason for at least 1/3)

I'd priest check Lungs because I think his play has improved immensely recently, I'd kill OllieK to preempt any derp (!) and I'd protect sesc.

11. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kai, usually I'd agree, but it's very important that I NOT FUCKING DIE.

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This is how you take the game "more seriously" as you put it? Really?

13. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You must have missed when I accidentally the town in DLPhunt. I'm taking the game more seriously, not being an upstanding citizen.

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Oh, sure I remember. But I can't help but thinking you're using your past of derpery and generally bad gameplay as a defense/cover. It's pretty convenient to take advantage of.

On the other hand, it is convenient to scum as well, if you're actually town.

All in all, I think that things like "I'm too important to die" aren't going to help you at all. I suggest you figure out a (better) way to contribute. And soon.

15. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Looks like we can play now. Cool.

Well, @Kai,
    I was going to say if you make that a requirement, I might as well rescind and call it a day, because obviously(?) I have no suspicion, after a few hours -- and I doubt that anyone has, and if they do say they have, they are lying.

Of course, since then, Eidologic has voted like a monkey on Ecstasy, so now I have a suspicious person. That, and of course I still feel like lynching the will-o'-the-wisps ITT on principle ;)

16. Sesc

Looks like we can play now. Cool.

Well, @Kai,
    I was going to say if that were a requirement, I might as well rescind and call it a day, because obviously(?) I have no suspicion, after a few hours -- and I doubt that anyone has, and if they do say they have, they are lying. The King would either never get a first court, or get a court full of witches and overeager players.

Of course, since then, Eidologic has voted like a monkey on Ecstasy, so now I have a suspicious person. Mission accomplished with your post, I guess :p

Edit: Broke the system :/ I'll leave both posts up, this was what I meant to post though.

17. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

With most roles not being tied to any faction a role read in this game won't help you determine a player's faction, and so isn't particularly useful. However if you compare it to how a player uses their role's powers then it might help you to determine their faction. So while not overly useful, I'd still rather know everyone's role than not.

As for whether I'd like to be in the court, I'd say yes, I think that I'll be useful to have.

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Do all the guys have the same forum and moscone name? If not is there a list somewhere which we can use to see who on the app is who on the forum? On a quick skim through (in the flash app) I don't know who half the people are. But maybe I have been just out of touch for a while. >_>

19. guljons

guljons Squib

Ok, I am home from a long day now, checked my role and will read the thread and rules again now.

Glancing over the latest posts, this seems pretty interesting. Hopefully will have something to add in some time.

20. Sesc

@Castiel: Not exactly the same in some cases, but I always know who is who, yes. And so will you, if they actually post ITT, I presume.