1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete With Malice Aforethought by S. P. Smith - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Mordac, Mar 26, 2007.

1. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The review I've left on Portkey for chapter 2 of the sequel.

Treating Percy with disdain? Of course, let's heal him and tell him he's made a mistake. He pretty much ordered them both killed by Aurors authorized by him to use deadly force on underage school children. A person who gave that order _must_ be executed, in any society that wishes to survive another day. This does not depend on what kind of morals you have - it's the only sane thing to do.

So everyone realizes what a horrible mistake it was to keep captured enemy combatants alive, and they persist. This is very much planning to lose and treason.

"Remember to conjure two sleeping bags." - Harry and Hermione are both of age. Everyone who doesn't like their sleeping together can take a hike. It's only a school rule about sleeping in one's own bed. They're not in school.

The people the Order rescued, healed and housed have an obligation towards the Order that can be used to make everyone swear an oath not to serve Voldemort or whatever. Everyone who refuses can be assumed to be a Death Eater. The Order is not an impartial humanitarian mission that heals and feeds all and then releases them to fight each other again. This is a military field hospital. Instead they knowingly compromise the security of their headquarters. People get court-marshaled for much less.

Punching Dawlish - the man ordered his Aurors to kill everyone in Hogwarts and burn it down. He used the killing curse on Harry. You don't punch him. You put him down like a mad dog. Because he's just as mad, and much more dangerous. Again, this has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with society surviving another day. A person who orders the slaughter of school children forsakes his "human rights". This is not a "mistake" for which one can be "forgiven", unless you're Catholic, and the Roman Catholic Church always made sure to execute people like that to let them get their forgiveness from the almighty.

That thing with Ginny feeling she can hit Harry whenever she feels like it, insult him whenever she feels like it, etc. etc., is not cool. Not between siblings, not in a couple, not ever. Harry is a person I cannot respect if he lets her treat him like shit.

A few paragraphs later: "Ginny hit Harry again."

re: Dawlish: "But I promise it wasn't permanent."

The last sentence:

2. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If the author ever replies to that, post it here. I'd love to see it.