1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wizard vs. Muggle 2: Electric Boogaloo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mordac, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Jeffrey Strausser

Jeffrey Strausser Backtraced

haha yes I did say that. Cunt is an insult i like to use and add adjectives to, but I didn't come here trying to use it, I thought it was a dumb discussion and I was bored so I trolled it. It's amusing to see how worked up people on here get over saying something simple like my first post.

2. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

You're a Knacker who is seriously fucked in the fuckng head and neads to get the fuck out of here!

3. Jeffrey Strausser

Jeffrey Strausser Backtraced

I need to get out of her because I like using variants of cunt as insults instead of variations of fuck? or is it the knacker thing? I'm not really sure what a knacker is, but whatever.

4. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

You need to get out of here because you consistently use horrible grammar and punctuation. You also need to get out of here because you are obviously a floppy cunt (I can use it too!) who is trying to play with the big boys but isn't mentally prepared for the endeavor.

Don't worry; the problem is probably just bad genes. Taking yourself out of the gene pool would solve our problems and your own fabulously!

BTW, mate, stop trying so hard. This is the internet, and you need to stop trying so hard to sound hardcore on an internet forum. It just isn't worth it.

Oh, and your opinion on what this thread is actually about (muggle vs. magical) is wrong. You suck.

5. Kerrus

Kerrus DA Member

Y'all can go suck a goat.

Like Aberforth, apparently.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Wizards apparate everywhere, AK people, reducto the crap out of nuclear launch silos, etc etc.

It'd take one good general and the Wizards would win in a heartbeat.

7. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I assumed he was addressing me personally.

8. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

He was addresing Reyhkt or at least, I think so.

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Enough bullshit. Get back on topic.

Troll again and you're banned. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  10. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

* bows to Lord Ravenclaw *

I apologize for the digression.

Back on topic:
    The first hurdle for a muggle-initiated war seems to be the classic "define your terms."

The Nazis set the standard that if one of your grandparents was Jewish, then you were a Jew (if I remember correctly.) That policy might not work so well in this circumstance. Wizarding records have been kept hidden for centuries as policy. When you consider the effect of world wars, civil wars, Wizarding wars, acts of terrorism and removing Squibs from the line, not to mention Muggleborns apparently appearing out of nowhere, it seems reasonable that a fairly high percentage of magic users could scatter and drop completely off the radar.

Given any warning at all, most of the British Wizarding world could apparate out of the combat, go home and grab the kids, then floo/portkey/apparate to France and keep going. Assuming that Gringotts can be accessed worldwide (that isn't canon, but you'd have to prove otherwise to get me to believe it) then all you really NEED is your wand and your key. If you have house elves, you can even take all your stuff.

On the other hand, how many of us actually have developed a sense of when it's time to cut your losses and just go?

11. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The things about waring with mages is that all sense of modern warfare is thrown out the window.

There is no such thing as 'enemy lines'. There is no such thing as an 'target base' to bomb. There is no such thing as an ambush.

On Enemy lines: A wizard can apparate anywhere that there isn't a ward. There is no such thing as protecting information or a leader when the enemy can appear beside him and kill him... or stun him and take his place.

On bases: There are two problems with using bombs in a war situation with wizards. The first, and worst, is that you probably wouldn't be able to find the place to target it. The second is PR. Wizards live within muggle communities most of the time. How do you bomb your own cities and towns?

On ambushes: People talk about putting snipers in windows, but if a wizard can simply stupefy your leader, veritaserum all his plans out of him, and then obliviate him, then you'll know what is an ambush and what isn't.

This could happen daily.

And if you really wanted to, you could even use the ambush against them. They put snipers in the windows that you know about, then you can either use the imperius or simply stun and polyjuice.

There really is nothing a muggle could do. It is rather terrifying if you think about it. If there were wizards, we would never know.

There isn't much else to say, really. When you can't find your target or attack your target when they find you, then you've lost the war. And if your leader is secretly someone else or under mind control or simply being stunned, truth serumed, and then obliviated, then you are absolutely screwed.

EDIT:

@Banner: To make this all connect back to your post, I have to ask two questions: How would the muggles ever find out, and where would they attack?

Ignoring both questions, you have to see that even if they were able to make the first move, they would never get a second one. This isn't a game of chess. When the wizards get hit, they aren't going to give them another chance to hit back if they have a leader with the slightest bit of skill.

Wizards can cheat in war in a way that we normal humans can only do in a game of Risk. When you can move troops across continents in a few seconds, you're suddenly in a whole other level of warfare.

12. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

One of those "it's past my bedtime, but I refuse to turn out the lights" thoughts:

I don't know the range on floo travel, but I just visualized a stepping stone arrangement of small ships reaching across the Atlantic, each with a fireplace, providing stations on an Underground Railroad.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I can hear Raven's hard-on hitting the underside of his desk multiple states away, haha.

14. Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil First Year

On topic:

Wizards would win, hands down. Apparition and Imperius Curses could win the war in an afternoon. Get all of the leaders as mind-slaves and tell them to surrender.

As for nuclear bombs:

I don't think that a normal 'protego' shield would stop one, but I am sure wizards could come up with some way of protecting their establishments. Fidelius charms would suffice. Can't bomb a place you can't find. If all else fails they could simply portkey/floo/apparate away.

In summary, muggles would be fucked unless they had some help from treacherous wizards. Once you have some anti-apparition wards around muggle bases, detection charms, etc, then you can survive for more than a few hours.

15. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Nuclear threat doesn't matter if you can make the people with the bombs forget that they want to bomb you.

16. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

As I see it, the big problem with a nuke attack is that it would be hard to nuke London without alienating the Brits as a whole. Hogsmeade is the only purely wizarding community in Great Britain. The rest is estates of various sizes (Malfoy and Weasley,) and people living in muggle neighborhoods (Mrs.Figg and Dean Thomas.)

17. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

This moment in HBP always showed me the influence of wizards:

18. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

Damm you beat me to it. And the potrait said it with a casual air too. As though they obliviate leaders of nations all the time.

19. TimeLord

TimeLord Fourth Year

Or if you can turn the bomb into a portkey that activates right away. You'd be amazed what one simple redirected nuclear bomb would do to change the minds of people who think they actually stand a chance of winning a war. Then there is always the fact that one wizard could kill all of the muggles by himself if he can cast a fire spell that can only be put out with magic, and if I'm not mistaken those have been at the very least alluded to in cannon.

20. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

[​IMG]