1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Word of God Thread.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Ryuugi Shi, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Agreed. Although I am optimistic as it does seem like he has had this plot line in mind for years, as he has mentioned them not talking since Hastings back in like 2008.

It's not something he has made up recently to appease fans ect.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm more worried he'll change small details away from his original plan for fan service and pop culture reference, and it'll destroy the overall image he'd built up for her.

3. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

It was fanmade from what I know. It’s up on his website probably, because more free advertisement so why not?

I’m also slightly concerned about Mab- I’d hope that the next book solidifies her character, in much the same way Nic’s character had his past brought up and then doubled down on the path he’s chosen.

With how Peace Talks went, I expect Molly is going to go deeper into the Winter Lady effect.

4. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Few comments about Mab.

In Cold Days, after Molly becomes Winter Lady, Mab and Harry have a conversation, and we learn Mab was a mortal once.

My speculations about Mab and why Ethinu could throw her around.

Mab's main purpose in this age is to hold the outer gates, everything else is secondary. She can not manifest fully in our world, because it requires power, power she use to maintain the gates. As we saw in Summer Knight, last thing Mab wants is her backyard on planet earth erupts into a battle.
    For that she has allies, minions and others who keep the backyard in peace.

Mab probably knew about the up and coming battle for years now, hell maybe the Red Court purpose was to oppress the likes of Ethinu and the Fomor.
    With Harry eliminating them, with Mab blessing (probably became more of a burden than benefit).

Mab is preparing for a new war, we saw it in Cold Days by finally making her move to clean house in Winter. Snake Game Mab made sure to both remind the Accords signatories about her justice, and neutralize Nick while allowing him cashing his favor, in addition she made sure her current will have weapons to carry his tasks.

She plotted it in advance with Hades.

1) Why Ethinu is called the last Titan, she is from the Irish myths, and why Jim isn't using the word Titaness.
    2) Rashid promised Harry in Cold Days, he will fix his problem with the Council, is all coming back from the dead. In Battle ground we didn't see evidence for it happening.
    3) I"m wondering if before the Fae courts in their current incarnation, Ethinu was part of the forces who maintained the protection against the outsiders and was replaced, this is her move to regain what she lost in the past.
    Ethinu feels she can make her moves without reprisal from Mother Winter and maybe Mother Summer.
    There is more than we currently know, it might fit with other mythologies of how the younger generation overthrow the older generation.
    It will fit Mother Winter MO, for Ethinu to be Mab test to prove her worth.